Victoria and Albert's Chef Table 180 day

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I want to try and book the Chef's Table at Victoria and Albert's. I have a one night stay before my 5 night stay. Can I call them at 180 days of the first hotel if I want later in the trip? Or do I need to wait until the next day when the 5 day stay opens?

I was also thinking of booking a normal table online in case I can't get the Chef's Table, if I can and I have the restaurant booked that night will it prevent me from booking it or can they cancel the one I have like when you book online for the same time?

I want to try and book the Chef's Table at Victoria and Albert's. I have a one night stay before my 5 night stay. Can I call them at 180 days of the first hotel if I want later in the trip? Or do I need to wait until the next day when the 5 day stay opens?

I was also thinking of booking a normal table online in case I can't get the Chef's Table, if I can and I have the restaurant booked that night will it prevent me from booking it or can they cancel the one I have like when you book online for the same time?

RIGHT off: IGNORE the Disney Web Site. CALL V&A at:

(407) 939 3862

This is THEIR Number - not the general WDW DINE number. Explain what you wish to do, and let the REAL Restaurant advise you :).

When you call they will be able to look at all days of your trip. When I called last I was doing a split stay too and they were happy to look at all days of my split stay which they were able to see all at once and could immediately tell me of my 9 days which ones had chef's table availability. Only 2 days did but both were days we had earmarked for other things so we opted for a main dining room table instead.

(407) 939 3862

This is THEIR Number - not the general WDW DINE number. Explain what you wish to do, and let the REAL Restaurant advise you :).
Thank you! I'll make sure to save this number.

When you call they will be able to look at all days of your trip. When I called last I was doing a split stay too and they were happy to look at all days of my split stay which they were able to see all at once and could immediately tell me of my 9 days which ones had chef's table availability. Only 2 days did but both were days we had earmarked for other things so we opted for a main dining room table instead.
That's great they can see the whole stay, that'll make things a little better since it'll make my trip longer. I'm hoping since we can only really do this meal towards the end of the trip they'll have something available.

We booked at 180 days and Chefs table wasnt available. They put us on a wait list and the next day called with an open reservation. Due to schedule changes, a few months later, we had to cancel so that left it open for someone else. Based on that, I would suggest keep trying if you really want it.

Yes, you can call 180 days from the very first check-in date and if you provide them the additional reservation number, they can book you across your entire stay as long as it's within 10 days from the 180 window (180+10).

I tried several for the chef's table and on each times I was upon the minute they opened, on 180 days and the entire week was unavailable for the chef's table. We'd gotten the QVR and the main dining room.

Yes, you can call 180 days from the very first check-in date and if you provide them the additional reservation number, they can book you across your entire stay as long as it's within 10 days from the 180 window (180+10).

I tried several for the chef's table and on each times I was upon the minute they opened, on 180 days and the entire week was unavailable for the chef's table. We'd gotten the QVR and the main dining room.
Do I call at 7am when normal phones open for booking ADRs or does the restaurant line open later? I’ll actually be at Disney when my window opens

I called at 7. I know the website enables 6am automated, but I know most people have always used the phone since the website will only give you the option for the 180 day mark, whereas on phone they'll be able to do the + 10.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...t-and-spa/chef-table-at-victoria-and-alberts/

If you're signed into your Disney account and are at 180 days from check-in to a WDW hotel, you are able to book dining 180+10. Are you saying V&A is an exception to this? I don't think that is the case.

If you're signed into your Disney account and are at 180 days from check-in to a WDW hotel, you are able to book dining 180+10. Are you saying V&A is an exception to this? I don't think that is the case.

I don't know officially, but I know that we'd gotten QVR over the phone inside our + 10 window, when the QVR reservation page online showed nothing available DURING the call. They had two days available on the phone, while online showed nothing available.

The V&A direct line opens at 9 am. If you call before, you get their answering machine. I finally got a Chef's Table date for our 20th and my parent's 50th Anniversary this June, after striking out on several previous trips. I called and kept hitting redial (if I got the VM) right at 9am and got a live person right away. We have a 9 day trip scheduled and they only had 3 of those days open when I called. Was able to get one that was only one day off from our actual anniversary day.

The V&A direct line opens at 9 am. If you call before, you get their answering machine. I finally got a Chef's Table date for our 20th and my parent's 50th Anniversary this June, after striking out on several previous trips. I called and kept hitting redial (if I got the VM) right at 9am and got a live person right away. We have a 9 day trip scheduled and they only had 3 of those days open when I called. Was able to get one that was only one day off from our actual anniversary day.
It's probably a really low chance I'll get it then since my trip is only 6 days and we can't do it for most of them :( I I'll definitely have them put us on a waitlist, maybe something will come through

Just a suggestion? Be very patient with that V&A direct line :). You can get the infamous "tape deck" almost any time of the day :).
If at WDW, and you get hit with the "tape deck"? Give 'em your Cell number and ask for a Call Back :).

Just a suggestion? Be very patient with that V&A direct line :). You can get the infamous "tape deck" almost any time of the day :).
If at WDW, and you get hit with the "tape deck"? Give 'em your Cell number and ask for a Call Back :).
What is a “tape deck”?

Has anyone tried asking about reservations while dining at the restaurant? I realized my upcoming reservation is the day before my window opens. Do you think if I ask there it could improve my odds?

I would love to get a reservation as a surprise for my husband this Christmas. We arrive on our anniversary but will have to dine at V&A on another day as the day of our anniversary is the last day of MVMCP and we will definitely be there. Is the Chef's table the absolute way to go? I know it is only one table per night and with Christmas being so popular I have a feeling that may be impossible to get. Is there any trick to getting the Chef's table? Do we need to call at a certain time or book online? If it is only 2 of us should we just opt for the normal dining room and choose the 10 course meal? I almost feel bad taking the Chef's table for only 2 people, knowing they can get as many as 10 in there and I wonder if that may limit our chances. They couldn't be blamed for booking that with parties of 4+ and telling the rest of us that they are booked. lol Just trying to figure this all out. We are also going early March 2019 before the mad rush of Spring Break crowds so that is another option.

(407) 939 3862

:thanks:
I'd like to thank you for this advice.
I was online at 180 days out, 7 A.M. V&A's showed zero availability for the chef's table. I called the number and left a voice mail. (It seems that they don't really answer live calls, but make call backs, as we tried this over a two day period leaving several messages. Maybe that was just my poor luck?)
Regardless, they called back and we had our pick of days for President's week in February - even though the online reservation system showed no days available. So chef's table, here we come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!