WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
Great job, and you were RIGHT ON IT, @Teleclashter and @WebmasterJackie (wonderful to SEE you!!!). But - we hafta talk - octopus, escargot, asparagus, and white chocolate???!!! Eww, ewwer, and ewwest! :rotfl2:

Just kidding (serious about the ewiest though!) - awesome, TIMELY review, thank you! Looked fairly uncrowded - since I've never been - do you attribute that to the new price fixe menu, or has it been that way for dinner, even thought it's a busy time of year? Just seemed pretty dggone quiet!

The new wine selections are really appealing, and the octopus, steak, and dessert trio all look amazing.

Looked fairly uncrowded - since I've never been - do you attribute that to the new price fixe menu, or has it been that way for dinner, even thought it's a busy time of year? Just seemed pretty dggone quiet!

I think the reason is that the restaurant seats so many people during their Quick Service breakfast and lunch times but in order to serve the quality of food to that big of a location and still have incredible food, they really can't fill all of those tables without compromising the experience. That's just my opinion on it and I could be completely wrong.

Thanks for being a great cheerleader; glad you enjoyed the review! :cheer2:

Nice job you guys!! I wish there were more choices for vegetarian but at least they have something. The desserts were so pretty!! I'm not sure I'd want to eat Chip. I do love white chocolate so I'd at least take a bite out of Chip.

Really enjoyed the video - thank you so much for the informative review! Was it me, or did Be Our Guest look so empty? I think they are going to struggle to sell this as a Signature fixed menu. I am willing to bet that this reservation will be easy to attain going forward. However, the lunch Quick Service will be even harder to get.

One suggestion on the food Vlogs - it would be so much better if the camera was fixed on the actual food when you are describing what you are eating then on the person describing it. Too often there is too much focus on the person and not the food. That said, very entertaining and appreciated!

Thanks to both of you for your wonderful review. I was kind of disappointed when I read about the change in menu, but because of your wonderful review and video have totally changed my mind and will be trying to get a reservation to try this. i am really excited about the desserts...thanks again!

that was a great video!!
Jackie you are just adorable!!! i've never seen you in a video before - i loved you in this.
I'm looking forward to seeing you in more videos!
and Craig, as always you were excellent too!

as for the subject of the video, they clearly aren't very interested in having vegetarians eat there.
the only choice for appetizer is mixed greens? seriously? that's the best they could come up with for the veggie offering?

As for the main - it sounds good, but sadly i can't eat gluten, so that choice is also out.
So nothing at all for me to pick.

Of course, they could just serve me 3 desserts and i'd probably be happy :)

I don't think you mentioned drinks. Are any refreshments included in that $55 and what sort of pricing is the alcohol?
Thanks for this, really enjoyed your review!

Here is the link to their print review of it - and it includes pictures of the drink menu

http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/be-our-guest-restaurant-prix-fixe-dinner-menu-review/

Personally I think they have improved the wine and beer options a bit with the new menu. As for prices, beer is $7.5-12 range (most around $9.25) and wine is $8-19/glass (most in the $11-14 range) or $35-130/bottle (most in the $49-59 range)

I believe soft drinks and coffee are included but don't see it explicitly mentioned on the menu - it does list the basic drinks as being included in the kids price so I assume same for adults

I am willing to bet that this reservation will be easy to attain going forward. However, the lunch Quick Service will be even harder to get.

Agree 100% - one of the main draws (if not *the* main draw) of this location is the setting - and you get to view the inside and get that part of the experience with all 3 meals, so why not pick one option that is signifacntly cheaper ($-wise or dining credit-wise) than the other?

I think I would do dinner if like a date-night but can't see paying #5/kid and brigning all 3 of my kids when I can take them for breakfast or lunch and they would enjoy that just as much

I probably wouldn't do this at all for dinner on the DDP. I try to avoid 2 TS credit places while on DDP. Even when OOP, I try to avoid eating at 2 TS credit places, but will do it if somebody requests/special occasion, etc.

For another meal, I would have to closely look at the prices to see if even those meals would be a good value IMHO. I was in/looked around this place on an AP preview before the New FantasyLand opened, so I know it's gorgeous, and fantastically themed, but I'm not going to pay what I consider to be outrageously-overpriced/not getting a good value prices - at least the way it feels to ME, since I AM the one paying for it - just to look around at a nicely themed place.

Hope that made sense - it did in my head. :jester:

Really enjoyed the video - thank you so much for the informative review! Was it me, or did Be Our Guest look so empty? I think they are going to struggle to sell this as a Signature fixed menu. I am willing to bet that this reservation will be easy to attain going forward. However, the lunch Quick Service will be even harder to get.

One suggestion on the food Vlogs - it would be so much better if the camera was fixed on the actual food when you are describing what you are eating then on the person describing it. Too often there is too much focus on the person and not the food. That said, very entertaining and appreciated!

The restaurant was definitely not packed. I think they did that on purpose, though. During their Quick Service breakfast and lunch, all those tables can fill right up, but this was a completely different experience with a much more laid back atmosphere. I don't think they'd be able to pull off a signature dining experience if they filled up all three dining rooms.

Thanks for the suggestion on the camera, too! :goodvibes

Thanks to both of you for your wonderful review. I was kind of disappointed when I read about the change in menu, but because of your wonderful review and video have totally changed my mind and will be trying to get a reservation to try this. i am really excited about the desserts...thanks again!

So glad you enjoyed our review! Dessert was really unbelievable - to the eye and the taste buds!!

that was a great video!!
Jackie you are just adorable!!! i've never seen you in a video before - i loved you in this.
I'm looking forward to seeing you in more videos!
and Craig, as always you were excellent too!

You're so sweet! Thank you so much for your kind words!!:flower1:

Good to see Jackie again to be honest

Yay! Thanks bunches! :flower3:

Thanks for the review but come on man, the backwards hat guy seems to ALWAYS order the vegetarian meal....sigh.....

The food looked actually edible, booked it for dinner just for the wife and I as she was thrilled about the place, so we are looking forward to it, keep up the great work!

Thanks for the review but come on man, the backwards hat guy seems to ALWAYS order the vegetarian meal....sigh.....

The food looked actually edible, booked it for dinner just for the wife and I as she was thrilled about the place, so we are looking forward to it, keep up the great work!
Craig does not always order vegetarian. He just did a review of sandwiches at Pepe this week that were no vegetarian. In terms of content though it is good to showcase different meals specifically vegan and vegetarian meals so people know what is offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!