VIDEO: Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast | Travel Questions & Answers | 04/01/19

Hey! I have a question about this show...Craig briefly mentioned that Disney is starting to crack down on people taking Uber/Lyft to MK hotels and then going to the Magic Kingdom from there. Does anyone have any information about this? Last trip, my family stayed at WL, and my sister and friend stayed off property. They took an Uber to and from WL and took the boat to MK with us. Just wondering if anyone has any info they can share.

Hey! I have a question about this show...Craig briefly mentioned that Disney is starting to crack down on people taking Uber/Lyft to MK hotels and then going to the Magic Kingdom from there. Does anyone have any information about this? Last trip, my family stayed at WL, and my sister and friend stayed off property. They took an Uber to and from WL and took the boat to MK with us. Just wondering if anyone has any info they can share.
It depends on the security guard working. Disney doesn’t like constant flows of people coming in and using those hotels as drop offs. They’d rather you have be going there if you have a reservation or something like that.

I think WL would be fine as that is more out of the way. The one they have the most issue with is the Contemporary as you can walk right from there. And as @rteetz mentions, it depends on the security guard - so I wouldn’t stress about it but know that (especially at the Contemporary) it is possible

It depends on the security guard working. Disney doesn’t like constant flows of people coming in and using those hotels as drop offs. They’d rather you have be going there if you have a reservation or something like that.
Thanks for the info!

Last trip I took Lyft to/from the Contemporary quite a bit to go to MK and security are real jerks to say the least. I can't imagine they would ever say 'no', but I just said I had a reservation and was meeting a friend and couldn't remember the name of the restaurant and never been to Disney before and they let me in.

To be fair, thats they only resort I've had trouble. Everywhere else they couldn't be nicer.

If they don't want people doing it they should improve bus service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!