• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

View Electric Water Parade Thingy From Kona Cafe @ Poly??

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
I'm reviewing my calendar for our Nov. trip on which I write things we haven't done but want to do this time, and I have 'Kona Cafe at Poly' written there. Why did I do that? What's there? The only thing I can think is that I posted here asking for a place to view the water parade(whatever it's called) on the lagoon and I was looking for a place to sip a brew and see the procession. Is this possible from the Kona? If not, what else is there that was important enough for me to have put it on our 'to do' list? Thanks for helping over my memory lapse. Next time I'll write more detailed notes to myself.

Bill From PA

I am pretty sure you can't see the EWP from Kona as it is situated at the front side of the GCH and not the marina side. You *might* be able to see it from 'Ohana IF you got the right table that didn't have the view blocked by trees or buildings.

Nope, no view. But great food. And they have Tonga Toast for breakfast which is why most people have it on their list of places to visit.

We watched the electric water parade (if that's what its called) from the beach at the Poly last time we stayed there....its a great view!

There is a lounge or bar adjacent to O'hana's that has a wonderful picture window to watch the fireworks and the EWP thru. If you can't get a good spot there I would head down to the beach. Its the best spot.

Thanks, all! We're going to schedule some time between park hops or, more likely, around MK closing time to check the Poly out. Great sites, Tikiman. Can anyone tell me the best way to get there either from Epcot or MK? It would seem the 'rail would be best from either, but I've been wrong before.

Bill From PA

The monorail is the best and easiest way from EPCOT. From the MK you can take the resort monorail or the boat to the Polynesian. I suggest the boat if the monorail line is long. There is never a wait and it is a nice ride.

Aloha

Steve

You cannot view the water parade from the Kona Cafe, but if you are seated in front of the window's at O'Hana's you can. This is a cute parade. We saw it when we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. I would recommend viewing it from the beach. You get both the parade, as well as Cinderella's Castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter