View from AKV Concierge?

Lexilulu

Earning My Ears
As DVC members we were able to book a 1 bedroom at AKV Conceriege level in November. Does anyone know what the views are? My husband would love a pool view. Is that possible? What are the views? Thanks. :surfweb:

All of the Concierge Level rooms are in Jambo House and are directly above the lobby. There are only 5 2-bedroom lock-offs (1-bedroom & studio w/interior connecting door) in the Concierge Level category. Three of those face the Sunset Savanna and the other two face the Uzima Pool.

I've had the pool view and it was mostly a "thatched roof" view. Still, we enjoyed the CL experience each time we've had it.

Of the three 2BR lock-offs that face the savanna, one is an HA room. You cannot request view and thus getting savanna or pool view is luck of the draw. Also, you have the same roof issue for the savanna view rooms as mentioned above for the two pool view 2BR lock-offs, and the savanna view rooms are located with views toward the end of the Sunset savanna. The result is that animal viewing is not that good from the savanna view rooms. Thus regardless of what view you would like to have, don't assume it will be that good.

I love the thatched roof overhangs on the club floor. Adds to the ambiance in my opinion. The animals/pool are down and the roof is up so it has never interfered with view for us. It is true that because of the location, there can be fewer animals to view than on other savannahs but the keepers do put "graze" around during the day to attract the animals.

I don't know why you couldn't request pool view. When the concierge staff contacts you, just make the request. Of course, since there are only two one BRs that face the pool, it won't be possible for them to assign one to you unless someone checks out of one that day.

BTW, there are two accessible club one BRS. One has a tub and the other a rollin shower.

Congrats on booking it. Like Bobbi, we've enjoyed every stay there. The CMs are wonderful. Just booked it for next year this morning. :cool1:

This is the pool view from a DVC concierge 1BR. I took these to try and best display the thatch overhangs and what the distance really is from the pool:

DSC03190.jpg

DSC03192.jpg

And zoomed a little bit:

DSC01135.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter