Viewing areas for fireworks etc

xxarwenxx

Earning My Ears
I have tried searching so please point me in the right direction if this is already addressed.

We are going in December, my mum is in an EVC and cannot transfer. Our last trip in 2012, we found viewing the nightly shows (MK fireworks, Ep Iluminations etc) a little difficult. I hear that with the new FP+ you can book them for the viewing areas? Is that correct? If so, can someone tell me where each of the viewing areas are in each park for MK fireworks, Ep Illuminations & HS light show (I have AK ROL nailed thanks to you guys!!)

MK there is no more FP for the fireworks you can get a dessert party and use this so that she can see. The spot is in the garden area.

illuminations I would really not worry about getting a FP ( if they still have it) but the area is where world showcase and futcher world is. You would be fine just finding a spot somewhere along the water 20-30 minutes before the show starts and getting un against the fence.

HS I think will be the same is MK and you will need to do a dessert party.

@Robo has some great maps of all the parks and where the best view of the fireworks are in each park

Just to add to what @gap2368 said - if you choose to purchase the Happily Ever After Dessert Party, make sure you buy the Tomorrowland Terrace and NOT the Plaza Gardens.

The difference is that Tomorrowland Terrace has seating - Plaza Gardens does NOT and you will have to sit on the ground.

Once the fireworks starts, everyone stands up in the Gardens typically.

At HS, the Star Wars Dessert Party has a dedicated, roped off viewing section for Guests. The Guests on wheels are lined up at the front of the roped off area, and their family stands behind them. (The party takes place inside, and you go out to watch the fireworks).

I have - in the past - seen CMs bring other non-party Guests in mobility devices into that area IF THERE IS ROOM and accommodate them with one family member - however this is Pixie Dust, and I wouldn't count on it.

I have to disagree with you mama bunny I have done the garden view with my friend in her ECV and she had a great view she sat by the fince and I stood next to her.

here is a thread that talks a lot about the firework dessert party. it is long but you only need to read the first few posts and some great pictures https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...ing-info-now-watching-for-5-28-dates.3604693/

the garden view is about $20 cheaper per person too

I have to disagree with you mama bunny I have done the garden view with my friend in her ECV and she had a great view she sat by the fince and I stood next to her.

here is a thread that talks a lot about the firework dessert party. it is long but you only need to read the first few posts and some great pictures https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...ing-info-now-watching-for-5-28-dates.3604693/

the garden view is about $20 cheaper per person too

Sorry for the misunderstanding @gap2368 - I was trying to let the OP know that *she* would have to sit on the ground while her Mom sat in the ECV (because last time I checked there was no seating) for the Garden party - but the TT party has tables and chairs, so if the PP wanted to sit at a table for the dessert party, she would want to book TT, and not the Garden. I didn't intend to imply that her Mom had to stand for the fireworks - only the OP.

Sorry for the misunderstanding @gap2368 - I was trying to let the OP know that *she* would have to sit on the ground while her Mom sat in the ECV (because last time I checked there was no seating) for the Garden party - but the TT party has tables and chairs, so if the PP wanted to sit at a table for the dessert party, she would want to book TT, and not the Garden. I didn't intend to imply that her Mom had to stand for the fireworks - only the OP.
Oh, I see, I have always stood, I was just trying to let know it was doable ( the person in the ECV could still sit and see the show) and the person can stand and or sit next to the person in the eCV.

Mama bunny you have a great day,

Thank you, you are all making planning so much easier for me! Last question then ... if I were to book the Dessert Party, how does that affect the evening parade? We would want to see both.

Thank you, you are all making planning so much easier for me! Last question then ... if I were to book the Dessert Party, how does that affect the evening parade? We would want to see both.
There is no evening parade at Disney world

Really? When I last went there was the Electrical parade, is that done now? Also my main thinking behind this question which maybe I should have pointd out was can the dessert party be booked on a MVMCP night? If so, would we be able to see the christmas parade/are the timings right ...

No more Electrical parade. They offer desert parties during MVMCP, but the fireworks are Holiday Wishes, not Happily Ever After and both are separate ticketed items.

Thank you! Thats helpful :-) I have two days in MK so will likely do Dessert party on regular day then.

Hollywood studios if you have to stay in your ecv then they will put you up right in front so that you can see the star wars projections. Just talk to a cast member about 30 minutes before hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter