Viewing Spectro in October...

jjohns

Mouseketeer
None of our little group (DS-8 and DD-6) has seen Spectromagic before, so it is very high on our to-do list for our upcoming October trip.

Judging by last year's schedule, Spectro will only be playing once/week on Saturday when we are there, which means we will only have one chance to see it. So, I want to make the most of it!

- Any idea how early I should plan on getting to MK to find a spot to sit? We will probably be at either AK or DS to see their afternoon parade (at 4 in past years) and then head to MK. The kids are still short (!), so we can't be too far back.

- Where are some really good viewing spots for the parade?

- Does the parade start in Adventureland and work its way to Main Street, or the other way around?

- Any idea how long the parade actually takes? I'm wondering if we should try and see it where it starts and then head out of the park (will be going to MK early entry on Sunday, so we need our sleep!). If the parade takes a long time (i.e. finishes closer to 9), then I might be able to convince everyone to stay for the fireworks...

TIA, Jeff

jjohns
It has been my experience that you need approx. an hour (at least) before to get a really good viewing spot for all the parades offered at MK . I think the best viewing area is up on the deck of the WDW Railroad Station on Main St. . The parade starts right over by Mickey's Firehouse and lasts about 40 minutes .
Good luck and have a great trip !

Captain America
(aka Firefighter Tom Maloney, proud and grateful member - FDNY)

I have heard about the Railway Station viewing spot before - thanks for the reminder.

Is Spectro a parade best viewed from slightly above? (Making the station such a good spot?)

Anyone else have suggestions for nice viewing spots?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter