• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Views on using Dreams Unlimited

paulc

Earning My Ears
I notice from a previous post that some people have used the USA agent Dreams Unlimited and would be pleased to hear your views on how you found their prices and the service that they offered.

I would be looking to stay at the Coronado Springs in May next year

Look forward to receiving your views – whether they be good or bad

Ragards
paulc

:jester:

I have booked flights for Aug 2003 already but have not booked any accomodation.

I would also be interested in any views/service provided by Dreams as I'm considering utilising them.

Rick

:jester:

I have my booking with them for our trip in August. I have booked my WDW accommodation with DU, staying at the All Stars and the Animal Kingdom Lodge. They don't offer any discounted rates other than those offered by Disney itself. What DU have done for me is to make sure that any discounts that I am entitled to (Disney Club, annual passholder, discount code, etc) are applied to my reservation. I probably would have been able to get these discounts myself, but it would have meant constant checking of the internet to see what discounts were available, plus lots of trans-atlantic phone calls to WDW to repeatedly change my reservation. DU have done all of this for me, and my only involvement has been a few emails to my agent (Carole) at DU.

DU will also make PS reservations, book tours, offer advice, prepare an itinery, etc, etc. I don't know if they will book flights from the UK to Orlando, but I'd guess not. All of your reservation details are available on DU's website once they have allocated you a password, and they offer a secure server for paying by credit card.

Overall I think it is a good service, which aims to add value rather than provide discounts on price.

Regards

Rob

I have to agree with everything Rob has already said.

I used DU for three trip bookings (although in the end I cancelled the third one as I joined the Disney Vacation Club and switched my accommodation). I hope that the fact that I used them three times gives you some indication of how satisfied I was with their service!

For me, the attraction was the fact that my agent did all the 'leg work' in searching for the discounts available, and also made all my PSs. The fact that she saved me a lot of money was brillinat, but as Rob says, they were discounts which (in theory) I may have been able to secure myself if I'd been ringing Disney all the time to check on them.

If you ask for a quote, you'll probably be quoted the same price that you'd get if you phoned Disney direct, but your agent will keep checking the system for you to see whether any future discounts become available that can be applied to your booking - however, you should be prepared to pay the full price quoted as there is no guarantee that anything cheaper will come along.

I'd be happy to recommend them, based on the service I had :)

I too am planning on using DU for booking WDW accomodation for my trip.

How do prices compare for booking hotels offsite ? Do they apply the same system of checking for discounts? Do you ask for a specific hotel or can you specify a price range and/or location ??

Tracey, the offsite hotels are booked through the DreamsRES service and are handled a bit differently. The discounts are already loaded in up front (Dreams gets the discount rates from the hotels) and you simply book it yourself online through the online reservation form. You would choose the exact hotel you want at that time.

For more information about DreamsRES you can check out:

DreamsRES

You can also e-mail dreamsres@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com if you have any other questions. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter