Villa Doors

Plaid Princess

Recovering CM, Pilot in Training
At Aulani now, and loving the villa... the 1 bedroom layout is great.

However the bedroom doors are slatted, which basically makes the separate room redundant. There is zero noise separation between the bedroom and living room.

So for those planning to put the kids to bed and watch some TV, or for people trying to separate snoring family members (our intent), it’s not worth springing for the larger room unless you need the kitchen or extra space.

Thanks for the report. I think many people will value the extra space to hang out and having kitchen facilities is a big part of their decision.

At Aulani now, and loving the villa... the 1 bedroom layout is great.

However the bedroom doors are slatted, which basically makes the separate room redundant. There is zero noise separation between the bedroom and living room.

So for those planning to put the kids to bed and watch some TV, or for people trying to separate snoring family members (our intent), it’s not worth springing for the larger room unless you need the kitchen or extra space.

Thanks for this info. When we travel with grandparents privacy is a big concern. If the doors are slated we would be more likely to get a 2 bed lock off so there’s that true solid sound proofed (maybe) door between their space and ours. Slats would definitely not cut it!

For our upcoming trip we have a one bedroom and DS will be sleeping in the living room. We’ll be sure to download a white noise app before we go!

If you’re going to get a two bedroom I would do not do the lock off. There are only two bathrooms. The reg two bedroom has a bathroom in both bedrooms plus a half bath off living room

If you’re going to get a two bedroom I would do not do the lock off. There are only two bathrooms. The reg two bedroom has a bathroom in both bedrooms plus a half bath off living room

It really depends on what’s important to you, no. For five of us in a 2 bed, 2 bathrooms is plenty and we’d rather have real privacy and give my parents the ability to shut their door and not worry about whether their conversation or TV is going to wake up DS sleeping in the couch.

If you were fitting more people in the room then I can see how the extra bathroom might come in handy. But we’ve had that extra bathroom before and literally only used it to pee a handful of times over the course of a week.

It really depends on what’s important to you, no. For five of us in a 2 bed, 2 bathrooms is plenty and we’d rather have real privacy and give my parents the ability to shut their door and not worry about whether their conversation or TV is going to wake up DS sleeping in the couch.

If you were fitting more people in the room then I can see how the extra bathroom might come in handy. But we’ve had that extra bathroom before and literally only used it to pee a handful of times over the course of a week.

I believe the dedicated 2 bedroom has a proper solid door between the master bedroom and living area. Maybe not as private as a double door in a lockoff, but a normal solid door like the one in the 1 bedroom between the bathroom and kitchen. But the door to the 2nd bedroom (2 queens) is slatted. I agree, the other slatted doors in the 1 bedroom offer no sound control. I am not sure about this, but I think the reason for slatted doors has to do with mold prevention, after the Hilton Hawaiian Village had a big mold problem years ago.

Last edited:
Dedicated 2 bedroom master bedroom has a solid door. Second bedroom has slats. That said, noise proofing within the unit isn’t great. Between units it’s excellent. If you can live without the 1/2 bath I’d go for the lock off. Next time we plan a family trip I’m going to get the lock off and take the studio side instead of the master bedroom side. I got the two bedroom to comfortably house family of five with 3 adult kids. We may as well all been in the same room noise/privacy wise.

Dedicated 2 bedroom master bedroom has a solid door. Second bedroom has slats. That said, noise proofing within the unit isn’t great. Between units it’s excellent. If you can live without the 1/2 bath I’d go for the lock off. Next time we plan a family trip I’m going to get the lock off and take the studio side instead of the master bedroom side. I got the two bedroom to comfortably house family of five with 3 adult kids. We may as well all been in the same room noise/privacy wise.
Sorry! I corrected my previous post. I was wrong about which door was solid in the dedicated 2 bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!