Villa vs Concierge

Margaret West

Disney Believer
I have a 1-bdr villa at BCV and a concierge room at YC booked for may 23-29th. Which in your opinion would be better? Ther are 2 adults and 2 kids in the group (9 and 16 ). please list as many pros and cons as possible and if you have stayed at these particular resorts which views did you like.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I'm pondering the same thing myself. We stayed at 2 BR BCV (6 of us) for 5 nights and absolutely loved it:
1. Tons of room. We never felt like we were in each other's way. My mom had her own room and bathroom. Me and DH had our own room and the kids ruled the living area & TV ( just like at home)
2. Jacuzzi bath. Ahhhhh!
3. Washer & dryer really comes in handy.
4. SAB
5. Kitchen made it so easy to prepare breakfast and snacks/light meals without the big expense.

If I had to list only one favorite attribute of BCV it would be the space.

Having said that...I'm wanting concierge on our next trip in 2004. Don't know why, but I want to be doted on. Want to come out of my room in the morning and have breakfast all laid out for me. Want to feel pampered. Want the CM to say "Good morning, Mrs. Moreno. Enjoy the Magic Kingdom. I hope you and the family enjoy those PS's we made for you . What?? A spa appointment today? No problem, I'll take care of it for you".

Just a little fantasy I enjoy from time to time. So maybe I'll split our stay!

BTW, we had an awesome Epcot view at YC our first year there. The Epcot views at BCV are very few and not guaranteed. I also heard they're not that special. We had a view overlooking Ariels Courtyard at BCV and really enjoyed it.

Thanks VickiVM!!
I WANT to be pampered, that is why I am leaning towards the concierge. I do so want to be on the same floor as the CL. I just found the resort thread on the YC and BC with lots of info, but still want to hear from others.:wave:

P.S. Vickivm
Did you find that you spent less or more $$$ on food when you stayed at Villa vs Concierge?:confused:

I think you spend about the same. When we stayed at BCV we spent $80 at the grocery store for breakfast food, snacks and quick meal makings and probably about another $300 on other meals in the parks (not including Hoop DeDoo and Princess Character b-fast for 6).

I'm sure our family would take full advantage of the concierge offerings that the extra cost would not be so significant.

We split a stay at the Polynesian (5 nights) and AKL(1) concierge with the BWV (5). I much prefer spending the same amount of money to stay in concierge. I have 3 kids (1,4,7) and I like to have the food out and ready. I like the personal contact with the CM's. I like turn down service. The lounge at the Polynesian and the AKL are great and it's another place to go and relax. We did enjoy the space in the one bedroom and the washer and dryer are great too. I think another deciding factor for us is that we really like the Polynesian and the AKL over the DVC resorts. I just like their theme better. The MK is our favorite resort and that plays into that too. We stayed in a GV at the Polynesian and SV at AKL. We had a pool view at the BWV and then moved to a Boardwalk view.
You basically are asking what room is better in the same resort. I still think I would do concierge. It sounds like they did a nice job remodeling the lounge. Either way you can't loose:D

Thanks mirlow
You are right in the fact that they are about the same, the washer/dryer does sound good but the pampering sounds even better. After all I have read, thanks to this site, I just may bite the bullet and go for concierge. Everyone here says the YC concierge is quite nice since it has been renovated. Now, if I could just find out where I could get a map of the YC rooms so I can decide what room area I could possibly request?
:Pinkbounc :wave: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter