**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I have a trip planned for July and just bought the 7/10 VAH tickets yesterday. I figured I would get them so I would have them and if it's canceled I will get the refund.

When buying them I noticed that the 7/6 event is still available for purchase. I wonder why they would cancel the tickets for the people who already have them but leave tickets available for more people to purchase? It seems as though you would cancel the purchase option and then work on canceling and refunding the bought tickets.

In any case, my fingers are crossed and I am trying to remain hopeful.

We just changed our rescheduled trip again. We were renting points and had originally rebooked for Thanksgiving because we had very little choice. Our broker decided to issue travel credits good for 2 years to everyone effected by the closure so we were able to get the dates we really wanted in Feb. I am hoping they follow last year's pattern and VAH and DAH are offered for our dates.

I have a trip planned for July and just bought the 7/10 VAH tickets yesterday. I figured I would get them so I would have them and if it's canceled I will get the refund.

When buying them I noticed that the 7/6 event is still available for purchase. I wonder why they would cancel the tickets for the people who already have them but leave tickets available for more people to purchase? It seems as though you would cancel the purchase option and then work on canceling and refunding the bought tickets.

In any case, my fingers are crossed and I am trying to remain hopeful.
The thing is that we so far only have one report of canceling tickets, I don’t recall seeing anyone else getting an email or refund for anything after May. All events still have tickets available to purchase starting in June, so it does seem odd if someone legitimately got an email for a July event closure that they would still be selling tickets. Of course this could be a case where the right hand doesn’t know what the left is doing, but that is probably unlikely (but it’s Disney, so you never known).

My problem is we are staying 7 days in August and wanted to go to the parks 6 days. I got the 4 park magic ticket then planned to buy AH tickets for AK and MK to just go at night. I wonder if I can change that ticket to a 6 day ticket if they will not have AH? I wish they would send out some information on what they may do. I know it’s hard to tell with this coronavirus, but they could give us some information on what possible plans they have.

Yes you can. You can actually add days online now. We had a trip planned for April with AH and now we are going in September with no AH so I was able to add days to my tickets online.

I checked my credit card statement and my refund for my original May 22nd tickets hit my card on Monday 5/4. They told me on 4/29 they had been automatically cancelled and would be refunded.

How soon before we get refunded for the June dates?
I don’t know if they officially cancelled the June dates yet, but for our 3 AH in May, i just kept watching MDE and the tickets automatically dropped off our account the day after we got ‘your vacation has been impacted email’ For the AH parties themselves we got just one email for one of them, never got an email for the other two, but all 3 of the refunds were posted on our credit card(our method of original payment) in 3 business days.

I don’t know if they officially cancelled the June dates yet, but for our 3 AH in May, i just kept watching MDE and the tickets automatically dropped off our account the day after we got ‘your vacation has been impacted email’ For the AH parties themselves we got just one email for one of them, never got an email for the other two, but all 3 of the refunds were posted on our credit card(our method of original payment) in 3 business days.
Great info! Thank you!

I wonder if they’ll do villains AH events again next year. Or any AH even. We right now have a Thursday - Sunday stay booked for next May and i would love to do an AH event if possible.

I wonder if they’ll do villains AH events again next year. Or any AH even. We right now have a Thursday - Sunday stay booked for next May and i would love to do an AH event if possible.
I would love to do any of the AH events this August. I wish I knew.

My June 12 VAH is gone from my account, but I haven't gotten an email or refund yet. If it's cancelled, just refund me pls (especially before my CC is due). Don't make me wait until the week before like it's still going to happen. I had just decided to be hopeful & bought my flight last week lol. Now I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle to move it to July (probably not) or if it's better to keep waiting (most likely).

My June 12 VAH is gone from my account, but I haven't gotten an email or refund yet. If it's cancelled, just refund me pls (especially before my CC is due). Don't make me wait until the week before like it's still going to happen. I had just decided to be hopeful & bought my flight last week lol. Now I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle to move it to July (probably not) or if it's better to keep waiting (most likely).
When my march VAH was cancelled it took a week or so to get the money back. It was immediate, but it didn't take forever either. I would pay off what you were going to pay off maybe minus the amount for the tickets. I still find it odd that they just left those two July dates sitting there, if they plan on canceling them I feel like they should go ahead and do it. There is absolutely no need to keep them there if they're just going to get cancelled next month. I have my tickets for 7/10, but I'd rather just go ahead and have the disappointment now.

Our tickets are still showing for June 12th, but I will continue to check. Oh well..... thank you for the heads up.

When my march VAH was cancelled it took a week or so to get the money back. It was immediate, but it didn't take forever either. I would pay off what you were going to pay off maybe minus the amount for the tickets. I still find it odd that they just left those two July dates sitting there, if they plan on canceling them I feel like they should go ahead and do it. There is absolutely no need to keep them there if they're just going to get cancelled next month. I have my tickets for 7/10, but I'd rather just go ahead and have the disappointment now.
My March cancellation came with an email, though. I’m sure it’s cancelled, I just want my money now haha. I agree, it’s super weird to leave those two July dates. Maybe they’ll add some once they open back up like others said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!