Villains Mix 'n Mingle

leebee

DIS Veteran
What exactly IS the Villains Mix 'n Mingle? Show? Meet and greet? If we aren't interested in pix/autographs, should we bother?

A brief show followed by a brief M&G. If you don't care about pics or autographs, I would still try to catch the show--we enjoyed it.

This year it is a short show with, and please excuse the spelling, Malificent, Dr. Facilier, Cruella Deville, Queen of Hearts, Captain Hook, the Evil Queen, and Frollo. They do probably about a 5-10 minute show then most come down front for pictures---no autographs. The lines for pictures gets really long, really quick. If you are a good ways back, you probably won't get your picture as the villians are out for a set amount of time and when that is over, they leave and anyone still in line is out of luck. We did the show twice because one child wanted Dr. Facilier and the other wanted the Evil Queen.

I was told by a CM that the Mix and Mingle is the only time you can get a picture with Malificent. The line for her would start forming for the next show immediately after the previous one was over.

I was told by a CM that the Mix and Mingle is the only time you can get a picture with Malificent.

I do remember once, during regular park hours, we had gotten off of the Toontown railroad station and we saw Maleficent standing nearby with no wait! It was rather odd because I'd never seen her around MK before, but it was still cool considering we got a photo and her autograph.

I have to wonder why no one was there in line for her, especially because she's hard to find.

I was told by a CM that the Mix and Mingle is the only time you can get a picture with Malificent. The line for her would start forming for the next show immediately after the previous one was over.

very very rare guys, but i got a piccy with malificent at the hollywood studios on 2 occassions, once was a rare meet and greet after fantasmic back in 2008 .... and at the characterpalooza in the animation studio on non fantasmic nights ive also seen her their in the back room where they keep the most current movie items it seems. but yeh villains mix and mingle is a oppertunity too but with a super long wait.

me and my Dis wife turned up 45 mins before villains mix and mingle and qued up at the font, nobody around .. we got on the front row then after the show the cast memberas will start shouting, this line for malificent , hook or whoever so then you can either stay put as i got jafar woot wooot but if u wanted malificent then you can quickly sidestep to the next que and be very near the front, just depends on your game plan

It's a brief stage show where the villians come down to spots around the castle for the most lightning fast of pictures. We did it because, after 20 years of going to Disney, I hadn't yet seen Malificent who is my fav Disney villian.

In all honesty, the stage show is meh, neither exceptional or terrible, though I'm not into the stage shows at all, and it was only pure dumb luck that we got to see Malificent. We were on the exact side of the stage she came down on only feet away from the line as it formed, but even then, we ended up about 10 people back in line. It took only seconds for each villian to have a line of 50-100+ people (some villians had shorter lines, only 5 or so in line to see them, others like Malificent and the Evil Queen had much longer), and honestly if you're not into the pictures or meet-and-greets, you could probably skip it in favor of making sure you had good seats for the parade which, IMHO, was not to be missed.

I do remember once, during regular park hours, we had gotten off of the Toontown railroad station and we saw Maleficent standing nearby with no wait! It was rather odd because I'd never seen her around MK before, but it was still cool considering we got a photo and her autograph.

I have to wonder why no one was there in line for her, especially because she's hard to find.

I got a pic with her and autograph back in 2001 on our honeymoon over by the teacups. There was nobody around and we walked right up to her. I thanked her by name and she was surprised. "You know my name, most do NOT!" :thumbsup2

My plan was to head to the 10:05 Mix and Mingle immediately after Hallowishes ends. I don't really care about seeing the show... I just want a pic with Maleficent. Is this early enough to get in her line or should I try for another show?

I'm hoping to snag a good fireworks spot so that it won't take too long to fight my way through the crowds to the castle stage.

My plan was to head to the 10:05 Mix and Mingle immediately after Hallowishes ends. I don't really care about seeing the show... I just want a pic with Maleficent. Is this early enough to get in her line or should I try for another show?

I'm hoping to snag a good fireworks spot so that it won't take too long to fight my way through the crowds to the castle stage.

I think it all depends on where she comes out on the stage. When I was at the show, she stood far stage right on the ramp to the castle and I happened to be standing there to get in her line. However, the next show she was standing on the ground, center stage. They didn't announce who was going to stand where, they just showed up and stood there for 20-30 people or so and then left.

My family and I always go to this if we are at WDW during MNSSHP. ( Now their song is running through my head...lol ) It is unique to see all of these villians in one place.

This is exactly what we did and we wound up third in line for her. The line will usually be along the railing along the wall that connects to the left ramp coming down the stage, where she has appeared consistently in every report I've seen from this year. PP is correct--that is stage right, but for those of us in the audience that means the left ramp as you look at the stage.

It doesn't hurt to chat up the CMs there so they know what you are doing. This should work in your favor when the masses try to get dibs immediately after the show. The CMs will do their best to make sure the line forms behind you.

If you've seen this in the past, know that the show this year is all new except for the opening song. I saw it on Youtube; someone posted it after the first night's party. I thought it was great! If it were me, I'd jsut hang to the back a little to avoid the big crowds.

I met Maleficent once as well. I couldn't find the photo, but flipping through my autograph book, I found her autograph in the far back of the book :

MaleficentAutograph.jpg

Here's the autograph, which, I suppose, could be considered rare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter