Villas At Eagle Pines - It's A Go

Thanks for the press release info!! It was very good reading!! The resort looks like it will be beautiful... I wasn't sure about it until I read the release, but it sounds nice... I like the idea of the Inn building, just like at Vero... I might decide to sell my OKW points if VEP has grand villas!!!

But, does anyone else think this resort might be too large? If it isn't finished until summer 2005, it could take five years to sell out (just like at OKW)... that puts sell out at 2010... with only 32 years left for vacationing... that may be a huge thing, especially if it's selling at 100.00 a point as suggested....

Regardless I like the look!!

Just reading these posts brings back some good memories. We stayed at Turtle Pond when we first stayed at OKW, then just called DVC. We walked over to what now is South Point to see what they were doing there. We got a little lost and ended up walking the back way over to the Turtle Pond pool which was in the construction phase. They had a barrier at the end of Turtle Pond Rd. where the circle turn is, and the bus turn around was in the parking lot of bldg. 33. I hope they construct VEP the same with the parking close to the buildings. I like that concept because it make things easier for me.
:bounce:

Pam and John, your minds are obviously less fuzzy than mine, because I now think you're correct.

I found a list of our DVC vacations at work (actually a database), complete with room numbers. We first stayed in the Turtle Pond area in August 93, so it must have been before South Point. We've never stayed along South Point, so I can't say when it opened. That's my only hope if someone can say they stayed there sooner :)

A mind is a terrible thing to lose :confused:

Wow, I should catch up on my favorite boards more often... this is great news! See what you miss when you take a break??

I do hope they have some feature in mind, just to keep the kids busy while we relax. :)

See Teri....you gotta check in with family! The other recent news out of DVC was that they put in no pool hopping restriction dates for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

1. Eagle Pines Villas are not a rumor, I reported the roads staked out back in May. Thought they might be headed to OR instead of EP.

2. For Dell and those familiar with EP golf course - construction is already underway. (Yes, we have to golf around it.) New tees have been built for holes 9 and 11 to make room for the road back to the villas. Both have been moved to the right of the cart paths. Pretty much takes the water out of play on 11 - makes it an easier (and lesser) hole.

3. Looks like the road is going to run from the traffic light at the end of Bonnet Creek Pkwy (past Port Orleans), along #4 fairway toward the tee, behind #4 tee, across the canal before #3 green, between #3 tee and new #11 tee, down #11 fairway between #11 and #9, between #8 green and new #9 tee to the new Villas.

That would put the new Villas clubhouse along the 13th fairway. My guess is along the left side of the fairway between #13 and #8 and new #9 tee. I'll be at EP this weekend and try to confirm.

Personally, I think this is going to take the joy out of playing EP. It will be just like LBV - kids screaming on your backswing or just as you're about to putt, people jogging down the cart paths, busses (I can smell those fumes now) and cars going by, etc.

Thank God they're leaving Osprey Ridge alone (so far).

The new villas will be located along #13, #14, #16 and #17 of EP. The main building - Inn rooms, pool, restaurant, store and check-in will be along the left side of #13.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter