Villian Character meal???

Blaze12

Is it time for our next visit yet??????
I read somewhere a while ago about a villian character meal?? Has anyone heard of this before, or am I just imagining it?? I cant find any information about it, so I am trying to figure out what is going on.

Yes there was one.
I personally never got to go to it :( But I heard it was at 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian.
They stopped it. I believe I heard because a lot of kids were scared of the villians.

Personally I would love to see another villian meal. I know my 4 yr old would love it. He goes up to all the villians in the park with no problems

I would have LOVED this! Unfortunatly, it closed about 1 month before our 1st trip!:( . I really do not understand the reasoning....if a child is afraid of the villians....why would a parent take them to a character meal that is hosted by VILLIANS??? I think Disney goofed on this one. There are already plenty of Pooh and friends meals! I wish they would bring back the villians...anywhere!:rolleyes:

That is suck a SHAME!!! I wish they would bring it back, it sounds like so much fun. And I completely agree, you should not bring the little ones who are going to get scared, That is not disney's fault, that is the parents fault, IMO.

It was one of the most fun dinners at WDW. Prince John and Captain Hook got into a fight over would ask me to marry him, the Queen of Hearts (in the lobby) shoved me out of the picture so she could just be with my fiance, and the Hag from Snow White tried to get me to eat an apple. Now, I admit we play along (well especially me) and we don't have kids yet, but we loved the Villains dinner and wish it would come back.

We went when DD was 3 1/2. I have to say the characters were wonderful at readign the reactions of the kids. DD like watching the antics but didn't want the villian too close. So instead of aproaching her, they would pick on DH and DS. I really wish they would bring it back.

We LOVED the Villain's Dinner!! We went in May 2001 and I believe it was changed to Pooh and Friends shortly thereafter. I have a lot of pictures from this character meal, here's a link to it on my web site: http://home.comcast.net/~terry527/html/restsDAY3.htm

We had wonderful interaction between the characters and our DSs. They still talk about this meal, years later :teeth: I really wish they'd bring it back, if not at 1900 Park Fare, then some other restaurant. Having 2 boys, it was the perfect character meal for them!

It appears that many people really would love to see this return!! I wonder who we can all contact to express our opinions?? Maybe with enough suggestions, they will consider it??

I can understand why the Villains dinner was discontinued, but I think that it was still a nice idea. I think that should they decide to do it in the future, I think they should have it at a smaller venue since the audience for the meal is more limited than others and also distinctly say that the characters at the meal will be acting villianous. If Disney does this, the meal could very well work again.

We too missed the Villian's dinner by months...DH loves the Villian's and would love to see more Villian's merchandise carried in the Villian's shops too. I was thinking maybe since the Villian's draw older fans...maybe somewhere in DTD or even tied into a Villian's shop in MGM..where they could incorporate Darth Vader into the line-up of villians. The restaurant could be themed villian...have a cauldron in the restaurant....have a basket of apples on the hostess table...run thunder and lightening through the restaurant every 45 minutes or so, use lots of black, purple, and neon green. Have artwork representing each villian's most evil moments from the movies. Put talking mirrors into the bathrooms. The servers could be dark and dismal like the TOT and HM CMs...have them be ever so aggravated and or annoyed by the villians. Theme it as a villian hang out...since they aren't very welcome anywhere else. Maybe even deliver apples to the table at the end of a meal...compliments of the old woman near the cauldron..and have the old witch there tormenting passers by and acting as the stationary character in the restaurant. If you promoted it correctly you could definitely avoid most of the naive people bringing their babies and toddlers into see a 'character' meal...along with some gentle but stern warnings at the door for the most oblivious/insistent people with younger children. And Disney could place a big ol' villians shop right next door to the restaurant..they need to expand there selection of merchandise but definitely something worth doing.
Just a thought...think Disney would bite?

That is a SUPER idea, Jaklackus!!! Your description of this fantasy place is so good, it makes me wish I was there right now! And it doesn't even exist!!!LOL!!!:earseek:

Maybe some villian happy imagineer is reading the boards out there in cyberspace...please feel free to use this idea..I would just like to have a hidden 'Jaklackus' somewhere in the restaurant....

Maybe some villian happy imagineer is reading the boards out there in cyberspace...please feel free to use this idea..I would just like to have a hidden 'Jaklackus' somewhere in the restaurant....

We also missed out on doing the villains dinner. My boys would really like to see it come back! My youngest one, now 10, is especially bold about interacting with the characters. One of our best memories at WDW is a confrontation at Epcot between him and Captain Hook! The WDW powers-that-be need to remember WDW is NOT just for little kids.

Another vote for having loved the Villian Dinner!! It was an great "theme" for slightly older children. Let's face it - some teens turn up their nose at "baby" type character interaction experiences. This is unfortunate but a definite stage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter