VIP Luxury Day Sailing-Disney Dream

Cruella 66

DIS Veteran
We've signed up for this for our July cruise on the Dream. Has anyone done it? Can you give me a review? Cindy

Following -- I've never heard of this. We're sailing on the Dream in May and I don't remember seeing this as an option. What is the description? Is it a port-based excursion or an activity on the ship?

Looks like a boat tour. They are pretty much the same, except for the boat and the number of people they allow on it.

I think that looks like it would be a nice option but we will have to wait another year as our DD just turned 5.

Correct, I am looking for someone who may have already done it.

This is the first I've seen it, so I'm guessing it's petty new. At least within the last month (the timeframe I was looking at Nassau Port Adventures).

So that's to say there's a good chance it may be a few weeks at least before anyone has done it...then think about the small percentage of DCL cruisers we are... Not saying it won't happen, but it may be a while. (Especially since most people on here seem to treat Nassau as a "sea day at port" - making the "empty ship" not quite so empty.)

I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to check in to see if you ended up doing the VIP Sailing? I'm contemplating adding it on a surprise for our group in August. Thank you in advance!

Thanks for checking in! Yes, we did this in Nassau, July 2018. It was okay, but much better than the glass bottom boat and the Junkaroo Tours we've done there in the past. The operators were very nice. The exit from the Dream was fast and the amount of other people on the boat tour was great. They explained what we were passing as we went to the snorkel site. The snorkel site had a few other boats there with guests but my family was happy with it. The lunch we meh. You could get a better deli lunch at home! They don't bring you back to the same spot you leave from so you have to walk through town a little bit and past the gauntlet to get back to the ship. When we went it was the day after their Independence Day so most everything was closed. Can't remember now what we paid and too lazy to look at my spreadsheet. Probably wouldn't do it again unless they took off the price of the lunch. And the boat was NOT a luxury yacht! It was more a sailboat! Let me tell you one to NOT miss...the rigid hull boat snorkel excursion that leaves from Castaway Cay. We've done this twice, in July 2014 and again July 2018. We went to different sides of the island each time and had different crews but they were awesome and the experience fantastic!! We went to a reef in middle of the Caribbean, excellent snorkeling. Then on the way back we stopped at a sand bar in the middle of the Caribbean. WOW!!! We saw conches, star fish, sand dollars, the crew caught a venomous stonefish in a bucket for everyone to oogle (it was set free at the end)...it was amazing! Some people snorkeled there too. My family loves this one and I can see us doing it every time we go!!! Happy sailing!!! Cindy

My apologies for derailing this thread but this is my first post so I can't start a conversation. I was intrigued by your description of the rigid hull boat excursion as my daughter is very excited about coral reefs right now. However, although my kids meet the age limit (11 and 6), they are young and they have never been snorkeling before (and we won't be able to practice ahead of time). Do you think that it would still be good for them? Thanks for any information!

No worries, you're not derailing! It's hard to say how your children would do not knowing them. We live equidistance between the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean so my children started swimming lessons at an early age and are very familiar with large, strong bodies of water. The Caribbean is pretty tame compared to what we have here. The first time they snorkeled was at Castaway Cay when they were 4 and 6; it's like a huge pool. The 2014 excursion was their first open water snorkel when they were 13 and 11. My husband has a lot of experience snorkeling and helped them; they caught on very, very quickly. This last one it was like riding a bike for them. The kids will be in PFD's so they will float. You don't have to snorkel, you can get out of the boat and just float around. We had youngsters with us both times on the boats from other families who did fine but I don't know their water histories. I guess you'll have to really consider how your children feel about the water. Have a great cruise!!! Cindy

Thanks! This information is really helpful. My kids are mixed with regards to how they feel about the water and their comfort level so I'll give this some careful thought. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know.

Cindy! Thank you for your review! I wish the VIP Sailing had been better! My parents are eager to get off the ship in Nassau and I was hoping it would be the solution. :crazy2: I'll take a look at the CC one though! My SO isn't really wanting to do EXTRA things are CC, but I think my parents would probably be thrilled. Thank you again for your review! August is going to be here before I know it and I am not nearly as with it as past years!

We did it last month and had a great time! That said, I wouldn't really recommend it for families bringing children, as ours had a lot more of a "booze cruise" kind of vibe (though with the group we ended up with, lots of friends were quickly made and it was an absolute blast!). I suppose that would vary with the mix of guests onboard, but that is just my opinion based on our experience. As an example, I think three trays full of shots went around on our sailing - in addition to bahama mamas and other mixed drinks.

The snorkeling stop was about 45 minutes (if you want to snorkel, you will not be served alcohol until after you do your snorkeling), lunch was so/so, I wasn't a huge fan but it is a short excursion so not a big deal. Snorkel gear is provided but we brought our own and were allowed to use it. There isn't anywhere to secure your bags near the front of the boat so be prepared to hold on to them. Where on the boat you sit is first come, first served. On our way to the snorkel site, we got a great little history/sightseeing tour from one of the guides. Overall it was a wonderful excursion for us and I would book it again. You do get dropped off in a different place from where you board, so it is a little bit of a walk to get back to the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!