VIP Tours and RotR Discussion

I would love something like this. Our tour currently starts at 3:15 pm (may change to 7:00 am if need be to get in a boarding group). Even if they just slotted us into a boarding group in the late afternoon and let us ride once going through the regular line, I would be thrilled! Then I wouldn't have to change my entire day's plan around.

The problem is, there is no main queue. You have to be in a boarding group in order to ride and boarding groups have been filling for the entire day by early morning. You can't just arrive at RoTR and get in line.

I would think they would have to do this for him for security purposes.
Well i can almost guarantee that i paid more to be there than he did so...

There is no try. There is only do.
Well there was no do on the tour I did yesterday. Was able to do everything else other then RotR.
I asked and it was a pretty definitive no it cannot be done.
I’m glad I left my plans as is as the parade and fireworks were awesome and I don’t know when I’ll be back during Christmas time and I’m glad I saw the holiday themed shows with the VIP viewing areas.

We are planning a trip for late August 2020. Hoping to do a VIP Tour at HS to help us get through all there is to see and do. Despite this park taking a lot of flack in recent years for being a park to skip, it was previously one of our favorite parks... and that was before the 2 new lands opened! Was it worth it even though RotR wasn't an option? Any info on when VIP Tours typically starts to offer access for new rides?

according to our guide this was the first time a new ride was off limits. We never skip HS on tour. RR, TSM and ToT always was enough to visit it. Now with SDD and the millennium ride it not worth skipping even without RotR.

We did our VIP tour a few days ago. Our guide picked us up at 5:30 am and we were at DHS by 5:45 am. After we tapped in, I snagged a BG and we did everything we wanted to do in DHS including ROTR by about 9:00 am.

We did our VIP tour a few days ago. Our guide picked us up at 5:30 am and we were at DHS by 5:45 am. After we tapped in, I snagged a BG and we did everything we wanted to do in DHS including ROTR by about 9:00 am.
What day was your tour? Ours was Dec 27. We were at HS backstage area by 5:45 AM but we weren’t able to even get our MBs scanned to be “in” the park until about 6:05 AM. I was able to log into MDE & we got BG 90. The VIP group beside us got BG 92. Our BG wasn’t called until after 4 PM. I changed our tour start time from 2 PM to 5:30 AM for ROTR but the delay in tapping the VIP groups into HS admission made us get a late BG & messed up the day. BGs after 107 were standby and we weren’t that far from 107! ROTR was down that morning, then open, then down again before being open the rest of the day. I still don’t know why the VIP groups weren’t able to tap into the park until after 6:05 AM.

We have a tour scheduled in a few weeks but I am strongly leaning towards cancelling it if the ridiculous RotR policy is not changed. “Create your Disney Dream Day” is the pitch for VIP tours on the Disney website. Well I’ve never dreamt longingly of setting my alarm clock for 5 AM so my VIP tour guide can get me into boarding group 90 for Disney’s newest ride.

This remains surprising. I can’t believe (or expect that) WDW would be this utilitarian. I assume they are concerned about not being able to guarantee access and angering VIP tour guests if they can’t ride? Regardless, weird...

While I didn’t like the fact that our tour couldn’t get access, I understand it. While I’m sure the tours make a lot for Disney the media outlets and social media would absolutely have a field day if VIP tours got access at this time. VIP revenue is a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of the parks revenue. Reading the other RotR threads people are getting upset because now everyone has the same chance if they are willing to make a few sacrifices like getting up early. What I have learned from all this is which ever decision Disney would have picked people would have been upset.
Now compare to those would are willing to pay for a tour. If Disney upsets us, no really backlash as there is less sympathy for people with the means or craziness to pay for a tour. There will always be someone willing to pay for a tour behind anyone of us saying we’ll never do another. I continue to see value above just 1 ride with the tour.

There are a number of groups who are having the guide get them into the park at opening to avoid the morning craziness but they are still being subjected to the same lottery and IT issues. Once they get a boarding group, the guides work around the timIng.

This is a very good thread for me. I am there in March and have a VIP tour scheduled. I had planned to hit HS early to snag a BG and then meet our guide after lunch in HS and hoped to ride again with the guide. Luckily I have teenagers that love Star Wars and are used to getting up early. :)

I had a phone conversation with Guest Services this morning. The CM said the reason MFSM was not excluded from VIP tours was because the attendance for that attraction was much lower than Disney had anticipated. She thinks once attendance slows down some for ROTR, VIP tours will no longer be excluded. Just thought I would share. 🙂

I had a phone conversation with Guest Services this morning. The CM said the reason MFSM was not excluded from VIP tours was because the attendance for that attraction was much lower than Disney had anticipated. She thinks once attendance slows down some for ROTR, VIP tours will no longer be excluded. Just thought I would share. 🙂

That might be a long while from now given the popularity of the ride, which seems to be more then FoP and any other ride recently opened. lol

It likely won’t change until the reliability and capacity both increase. It’s still nowhere near operating at the expected throughput.

We have a VIP tour booked for Jan 30th.

While it would be nice, Im not expecting to get access for ROTR with this tour.

Looking at the bright side, we wont use up an hour ( or more if there are breakdowns) on just 1 ride.

And we get to sleep in.

We have a VIP tour booked for February 1 and when I made the booking the cast member on the phone specifically said, "just so you know this tour will not get you to ride ROTR" so they made it very clear before I even asked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!