Virgin Atlantic refund.

Thanks both. I haven't joined the FB group as in all honesty I was happy waiting just sounded like some people who were cancelled recently were already getting refunds while I was still waiting and wanted to make sure that it wasn't just me in this case :D I'm lucky I'm only owed a very small amount as was an airmile flight and the airmiles were refunded almost instantly.

That group is a bit of an eye opener to be honest. Utterly disgusting behaviour from Virgin. Thats surely a deliberate decision made at board level to hold on to peoples cash for as long as possible. I genuinely wonder if they will be trading this time next year.

Quick update:

Yesterday I went through the general enquiries section and filled in a form. Got an actual human response within 12 hours or so. Made the usual vouchery offers but said a refund could be arranged. Replied that I wanted a refund.
Got nothing back bar auto-confirms, but a few hours later the text stream sent a message saying my refund was now in the queue.

So a result for the first step at last. Whether the contact form and text activity are related or coincidence I don't know.

Im still waiting on a refund from them. 30 more days i will attempt to claim via insurance or VISA.

No sign here - was told 2-12 weeks a couple of weeks back and also waiting for an aer lingus refund too - told 2-8 weeks for that - both cancelled flights

Virgin cancelled our flights 15th June , I requested a refund which came through today albeit missing the £163 paid for seat upgrades. Hoping this will come through in the next few days.

Virgin cancelled our flights 15th June , I requested a refund which came through today albeit missing the £163 paid for seat upgrades. Hoping this will come through in the next few days.
The same happened to me, contact them and let them know, when I did I got a response within hours and a refund a couple of days after that. I did it by email.

Im still waiting on a refund from them. 30 more days i will attempt to claim via insurance or VISA.
When was your flight due to leave? I think they are refunding people with the most recent flight dates first. Whatever you do try not to use your travel insurance as it will affect your future premiums, claim from your credit card company, but, to be honest, I would wait a little longer if you are not in desperate need of the money and just keep pestering VA. I have no doubt they will pay up.

Quick update... I contacted Virgin by text on 28 June using the number on the website. I got a call back on 30 June confirming my decision to ask for a refund. I received an email on Tuesday confirming it had been processed and finally got my money back this morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!