Virgin Atlantic - Tripp Cabin Case ok?

SophiaG

Earning My Ears
I’ve searched everywhere but can’t find an answer…. Has anyone recently flown with Virgin Atlantic and have a Tripp (the ones with the squares) cabin case?

I’ve measured it many times and can’t decide if it’s within the limit or not. If it isn’t it can only be over by a couple of cm in one of the dimensions.

Are they strict? Do they check?
TIA

I think that’s smaller than mine - I think I’ll play it safe and hunt for a smaller one.

I think that’s smaller than mine - I think I’ll play it safe and hunt for a smaller one.
It looks like the Tripp is 4cm too wide which is quite a bit over - it wouldn't fit a VA check gauge. Given airlines are scrabbling for profit at present I wouldn't chance it.

Funny coincidence, I saw this thread literally a couple of minutes after finishing a lot of research and finally ordered a 'guaranteed' cabin bag*. It's very frustrating as every airline is different.
Ryanair are reputed to be the most restrictive and as I may use them next year I went for one to fit their limits. But on paper it won't officially fit the British Airways sizing:
Ryanair - 40 x 25 x 20 cm
BA - 40 x 30 x 15 cm
and Easyjet - 45 x 36 x 20 cm
However it's soft so can be underfilled/squished to make it fit if I use BA.

And then there's the weights ...

* Larger sizes are often permitted but are conditional on available space.

It looks like the Tripp is 4cm too wide which is quite a bit over - it wouldn't fit a VA check gauge. Given airlines are scrabbling for profit at present I wouldn't chance it.

Funny coincidence, I saw this thread literally a couple of minutes after finishing a lot of research and finally ordered a 'guaranteed' cabin bag*. It's very frustrating as every airline is different.
Ryanair are reputed to be the most restrictive and as I may use them next year I went for one to fit their limits. But on paper it won't officially fit the British Airways sizing:
Ryanair - 40 x 25 x 20 cm
BA - 40 x 30 x 15 cm
and Easyjet - 45 x 36 x 20 cm
However it's soft so can be underfilled/squished to make it fit if I use BA.

And then there's the weights ...

* Larger sizes are often permitted but are conditional on available space.
Thank you

It is so frustrating, plus my measurements don’t match the ‘official’ website measurements. I’ve given in and got a smaller one that is (or will squish to) the virgin dimensions.

I’ve given in and got a smaller one that is (or will squish to) the virgin dimensions.
Good choice. I know money is tight for some, but if you're spending £000s on a WDW trip then saving maybe £30-£50 on the right cabin bag if it leaves you sweating it at check-in isn't conducive to a good start to the holiday.
There are already too many hoops to jump through with the other bureaucracy we have at present.

Our experience was they were fairly relaxed at MAN on the way out but less so returning from MCO - checks seemed much more stringent

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter