Virgin flydrive price query

amacspad

Disneyholic!!!
Hi all, i have a booking for oct next year for 4 adults and a 2 year old, I went into virgin for a quote for a flydrive with an suv (also school hol week which I didnt realise) the quote was £3,700 with the gold cover which inc car seat and return empty and it inc my frequent virgin flying club points, i think this seemed expensive so not sure if to hang on but my points expire in nov so dont know what to do if anyone could advise,
Tia, Debs xxx

That does seem a tad on the expensive side.

I have already booked my holiday through VH for next Oct but I did look the other day for fly drive ( part school holiday ) and it was on the high side in comparison to what I paid with a package in June.

That does seem a tad on the expensive side.

I have already booked my holiday through VH for next Oct but I did look the other day for fly drive ( part school holiday ) and it was on the high side in comparison to what I paid with a package in June.
Thank you, i might be best leaving it a bit, didnt want to lose out on my rewards but dont want to still pay over the odds xx

It's expensive because the flights are not released yet. VH have probably sold all most of their pre-release seats.

Also, October is just becoming a really expensive time to fly to Orlando

We've booked a Fly Drive with Virgin for the end of Oct next year. I've just been on to have a look at the cost and it's increased by just over £400 for three adults! So I would definitely wait and see. The cost may come down before your points expire!

Hi

Just a heads up in the UK the October school break has been earlier and earlier each year so this year it's split depending on where you leaving from Derbyshire it starts 20th in South Yorkshire (Sheffield) it's 27th. Next year they all move forward so Derbyshire and Sheffield will be 26th Oct 2018. So flight prices will adjust to fleece those with school aged children .. or pay the fine!

Regards

Paul

Thats odd the dates around here have been pretty consistent for years. I think it's the spread of the October half term over the month that messes with the prices so much!

I find Virgin holidays fly drive to be extremely expensive.

For our dates next Nov/Dec for 2ad and 1 16yo in Upper Class before you put a full sized suv, for Upper Class, they quote £7,200 and I know I will be able to get Dublin to Orlando with BA Holidays for €4,500 including full sized SUV.

I have never found VH to be competitive tbh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter