Virtual Queue : can it be used in the hotels?

MichelinMan

I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!
With Hagrid's Coaster using the virtual queue system, I was just wondering whether you can use the virtual queuing system from inside the Universal hotels? We will be staying at RPR, and I just wondered whether we could use the virtual queue before we left for the theme park. If not, how close would you need to get?

So how does this work? We will be staying at Royal Pacific in July and we're hoping to ride the new Hagrid ride. If we do a virtual line, do we just come back at a specified time but still have a super long wait? Or is it sending you through an Express Pass shorter line?

If/when it is being used, virtual queue for Hagrid is a bit different from F&F and Jimmy. With those two, it’s similar to fp and it’s supposed to be a short wait once you return (though sometimes it’s not). With Hagrid, when the physical queue at the ride itself fills up, Universal may open up the virtual queue. When you return, you would still have to wait through the entire queue. So basically the goal of the virtual queue for Hagrids is to prevent the physical line from overflowing out of the ride like it has been.

Just as a heads up, Universal has not used (and it doesn't look like they're going to use) the Virtual queue. Lines looked to have stabalized now (app is showing 150 min) and everyone is fitting into the regular queue with no outflow into Hogsmeade and beyond.

The Virtual line was only going to be temporarily employed as a stop gap to try and make sure there wasn't overflow into the rest of the park. In the end they never used it and by the looks of things they aren't going to.

Yep, right now it's 120. It might be a good thing they're not going to use VR. While some of us know that it will only to prevent overflow of the queue, a lot of people do not know that and I would imagine would be livid if they did the VR only to have to wait in the regular queue inside if that wasn't expressed to them explicitly, as I have a feeling that unless they're personally told this (and it was just written within the app for example) I believe it would be missed information.

I have an upcoming stay in August. I really hope the lines have settled down by then. While me and my family love HP, even my teens agree that more than one hour in line would be too much for them. Their viewpoint is......"that'll just give us a reason to have to go back!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter