Virtual Queue?

ForEver2016

Mouseketeer
I’m seeing a lot of talk of a virtual queue. Many people seem to think that there will be a “return time” type situation for getting into the land itself. Any evidence that this is going forward? To me, this seems like an excellent idea but I’m wondering if this might be wishful thinking?

Edit: I’m referring to WDW DHS. I know that DLR already announced that this type of system will be in place. Just curious if we see this being actually brought over to World, because as we know, WDW is a whole different beast.

Last edited:
I really hope so. We’re a family with a 5 and a 3 year old so long queues are not going to work but we’re a Star Wars family so.... please take mercy on us Disney!

Half hoping yes and half hoping no. I would love to have a quick peek at the land – but with 3 kids under 6 waiting in line for hours is not happening.

On the other hand, I was hoping that SW fans would be kept waiting in lines for hours, keeping the rest of the park less crowded. :rotfl2:

I've wanted to ask about this in some of the other SW:GE threads, too. I went to Volcano Bay for the very first time two weeks ago and was so impressed by the virtual queue! What a GREAT way to handle the long lines! And with Magic Bands, it would seem that there's a way to make this work as they are building new rides in an all new land. It would certainly create more people in the open space/restaurants/stores - but at least they're probably spending money, which is what helps Disney justify making the additional investment in the technology. I hope this really happens. I need an alternative to the (rumored) paid FPs.

I really hope this happens. Looking forward to see how things go at Disneyland. I figure we will not here anything about WDW until after things open at DL.

It sounds like a great idea to me. I will be in Disney during opening week of SWGE (not intentionally) I am not into star wars at all but would love to take a quick walk though.

have any of you used the virtual lines at universal? If you have, does it work well?
I'm sure there are pros and cons about it but I would love for Disney to implement virtual lines on all long wait lines.
I miss the old fast past system where you didn't have to plan park days 2 months in advance.

I hope they do not do this as it will make the park much more crowded all the other lines much more longer. And with out FP the line should move much faster. Since they did not do it with pandora or with TSL I do not see them doing it with this land either. But I could be wrong

I can also see this making the line to get it much longer as then the casual visitor might go oh I do not have to stand in line sure I will go.

It sounds like a great idea to me. I will be in Disney during opening week of SWGE (not intentionally) I am not into star wars at all but would love to take a quick walk though.

have any of you used the virtual lines at universal? If you have, does it work well?
I'm sure there are pros and cons about it but I would love for Disney to implement virtual lines on all long wait lines.
I miss the old fast past system where you didn't have to plan park days 2 months in advance.
The virtual lines at universal studios only work for the Jimmy Fallon ride and Fast and Furious, both attractions not necessarily popular. The system is very efficient but the amount of people it brings is not close to what would be SWGE
at volcano bay the system is really good but you're splitting all the crowds among a number of rides so people have to choose one attraction at a time, not really a good comparison

The virtual lines at universal studios only work for the Jimmy Fallon ride and Fast and Furious, both attractions not necessarily popular. The system is very efficient but the amount of people it brings is not close to what would be SWGE
at volcano bay the system is really good but you're splitting all the crowds among a number of rides so people have to choose one attraction at a time, not really a good comparison
Thank you!! I have never been to universal so I have no clue which rides are popular in which rides aren't. It just seems like a great concept to be able to virtually wait in line.

Thanks everyone for your input. I sure hope they do this too. We have a Star Wars obsessed 2 year old (this will be his 3rd birthday trip) and we are really hoping to get a peek at the land!

I’m hoping they do this for WDW too!! I am going down just for this and it would be nice. I will be by myself so it would be easier I think.

Here's hoping they do it too. Is it true there's going to be something kind of similar for the Smugglers run ride? Sounds like once the queue gets into the interior of the Falcon, your allowed to roam around instead of waiting in line.

Here's hoping they do it too. Is it true there's going to be something kind of similar for the Smugglers run ride? Sounds like once the queue gets into the interior of the Falcon, your allowed to roam around instead of waiting in line.
Once you get passed Hondo and into the Chess room that’s a holding area where you can roam a bit and not just stand in a line. They will call your boarding group when it’s your turn.

To me, a virtual line is pretty much just like MaxPass at DL. Using it is was really the same at least.
And really, other than being advance vs day of, I am not sure I see a difference in FP+ and MaxPass or Virtual Lines. They all do the same thing, schedule you a time to get in line.
Biggest thing they do, you don't have to run to grab a paper ticket to guess what time will be on it (which both sucked)

To me, a virtual line is pretty much just like MaxPass at DL. Using it is was really the same at least.
And really, other than being advance vs day of, I am not sure I see a difference in FP+ and MaxPass or Virtual Lines. They all do the same thing, schedule you a time to get in line.
Biggest thing they do, you don't have to run to grab a paper ticket to guess what time will be on it (which both sucked)

I see huge differences.
I hate having to plan my park days 60 days in advance ( 180 days if you want to eat a decent restaurant) I would much rather wake up and decide which park we felt like going to that particular day and enjoy the park while waiting in a virtual line.
I have never been to Disneyland but have read a little about the maxpass. The biggest difference I see is that max pass costs money in virtual line doesn't.

I see huge differences.
I hate having to plan my park days 60 days in advance ( 180 days if you want to eat a decent restaurant) I would much rather wake up and decide which park we felt like going to that particular day and enjoy the park while waiting in a virtual line.
I have never been to Disneyland but have read a little about the maxpass. The biggest difference I see is that max pass costs money in virtual line doesn't.
Sometimes, sometimes it's built in to the cost of the ticket/pass. But I wasn't talking about every little detail. Just in concept. The concept is the same, having done both

And guess what, we still wake up and decide what park we are going to on a particular day. We did it last Friday (Good Friday) totally changing parks that morning, redoing all our FP. Folks seems to think this can't be done but it can. Easily. So you can use FP+ just like a virtual line if you want. No one requires a 60 day plan

I'm confused as to how this would work. Is it just a return time to ENTER the land or a return time to get on the ride? If it's a return time to get in to SWGE, then you would still have to wait in a regular queue for the ride(s) without a Fastpass? And would they ask you to leave after a certain time period?

I'm confused as to how this would work. Is it just a return time to ENTER the land or a return time to get on the ride? If it's a return time to get in to SWGE, then you would still have to wait in a regular queue for the ride(s) without a Fastpass? And would they ask you to leave after a certain time period?
This is talking about getting in the land.
There are folks who will want to get in the land without ever even getting on the ride. I can't fathom a way to make you leave, that's not how they usually work, once in, you are in.
There's no FP for the rides yet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!