Virtual Races & Expos

CinderEmma94

Mouseketeer
Hi! I am not new to RunDisney but I am new to the virtual races (other than the summer series). I am an Orlando local and I am really tempted to do Wine and Dine virtually this year. That said, I love the Expo and getting race-specific merchandise (I have something from each of the races that I have done and I treasure those things - running doesn't come easy to me so its a huge accomplishment whenever I complete a race). Can I still go to the expo? Buy race-specific merchandise even though I wouldn't be doing it in person? I obviously don't want to break any rules and I don't want to support the Ebay resellers either 😬 I can't find anything on the runDisney site, but I know the virtual races are typically marketed to those who aren't able to travel for the in-person event. Thanks! :)

There are no rules. You are not required to do any of the onsite races to be able to buy the merchandise. Don't think there are any different themes for virtual vs live (doesn't look like it), so all the merch would be relevant.
Oh perfect! It’s been a few years so I wasn’t sure if you needed to have proof of running in-person to get into the merch building. Thank you!!

Yes expo is open to the public you can still head to the vender area even if no shirt pick up is needed & you can go into the official merchandise area just keep watching to see if they continue day one VQ to shop

There are no rules. You are not required to do any of the onsite races to be able to buy the merchandise. Don't think there are any different themes for virtual vs live (doesn't look like it), so all the merch would be relevant.
The only difference I have noticed between virtual and in person races is that the medals ribbons for virtual races say virtual on them. This is on the ribbon only. Aside from the word virtual, the ribbon design is the same, the medal is the same, and at least for this year, the race shirt is the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter