Virtual Races

SuzGM84

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to get back into running again (7 months post-baby trying to lose those last lbs!!!). I was doing so good before I got pregnant, but alas I digress...

I'm considering signing up for the SW Virtual Half - anyone have any experience with the virtual races? How do you log your time if you're splitting up the runs? I can only do 2 miles right now on my lunch break (b/c ain't no one got time in the morning to get up and exercise with a baby!), so it would take me a few weeks (at least) to complete the entire race.

Just looking for positive experiences before I pony up (more) cash to the mouse!

I'm trying to get back into running again (7 months post-baby trying to lose those last lbs!!!). I was doing so good before I got pregnant, but alas I digress...

I'm considering signing up for the SW Virtual Half - anyone have any experience with the virtual races? How do you log your time if you're splitting up the runs? I can only do 2 miles right now on my lunch break (b/c ain't no one got time in the morning to get up and exercise with a baby!), so it would take me a few weeks (at least) to complete the entire race.

Just looking for positive experiences before I pony up (more) cash to the mouse!

RunDisney doesn't require any time submissions or proof that you completed the distance. You sign up and they send you the medal. However you want to track the distance and time covered is up to you.

I'm considering signing up for the SW Virtual Half - anyone have any experience with the virtual races?
Best of luck getting back into running. I have used the runDisney virtual 5K summer series as a means to help me get into my running groove before training for a race needed to formally begin. I'm usually very lazy at the start of training before kicking it into gear so I have found that I do better when I force myself to start running before training should begin.

As @camaker noted, runDisney requires no proof that you ever completed the distance. I have registered for virtual races through runDisney and received the medals for the summer challenge before the middle of June and have received medals for just registering despite never actually posting a finishing time to their website.

So if you sign up they'll send you the medal regardless of how you choose to complete the distance.

One key item to note here. If you sign up for the virtual Star Wars Half as part of the Kessel Run Challenge, you must complete the Star Wars Half Marathon at Disney World without being swept according to the rules they set forth in order to receive the Kessel Run medal.

In order to receive challenge medals at live runDisney races, you must finish the races in question in order to receive the medal. So while they will award the race medal to those who do not finish the race, they do not award the challenge medals to someone who did not finish the race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter