?? Virtual Waits for Guests with Disabilities

QUOTE:
Anyway, during the time frame we were there, I don't believe the CMs would have allowed 7 on a DAS. I don't know if slower times of year would be different. But the CMS were following the rules as far as I could tell. Of course, I never tried to do anything that was outside of the rules, so there's that.[/QUOTE]
I think it depends on the situation. If it were several adults exception probably not. A family with 5 or 6 small children probably yes.
I do know that the one time my husband didn't have a FP and I did they allowed him to accompany me. (Use a powered wheelchair). My husband was willing to wait for me outside the ride but the CM allowed him to go with me.

I"m hoping that it wont be an issue for us. Due to my nephew's specific abilities and needs we wont be trying to use DAS on any of the Mountain Rides. (I will use FP for those of us who can and want to ride) We really would only use it on family style rides that are slow moving in nature...ex) Small World or Pirates. We are going at a relatively slower time of year; so hopefully it will be ok. We by no means are trying to take advantage of the system...my nephew has a legitimate need.

I do know that the one time my husband didn't have a FP and I did they allowed him to accompany me. (Use a powered wheelchair). My husband was willing to wait for me outside the ride but the CM allowed him to go with me.

I had the same experience at Soarin' once. I think they try to let families stay together as much as possible, unless it's going to cause a big disruption.

It's unfortunate but all too common to get conflicting information from different CM's. They rely a lot on their own personal judgment, which is, I suppose, all they can do sometimes. If one CM makes an exception for a guest, or if the CM administers the policy in an unusual way, the average guest is going to think that's the way it works, and if it works differently next time it will seem like a policy change.

I have Ulcerative Colitis. Get the DAS when its flaring up. Went to get it renewed 2 years ago and the cast member told me it was only for those with autism, and made a huge big show of how he was granting me an exception...until he saw i had one previously and got incredibly flustered. I guess my DAS hadn't expired like i thought...but it did help prove i was right....i eventually returned to guest relations later for clarification and the CM i talked to then was horrified that i was told the DAS was only for Autism.

I have Ulcerative Colitis. Get the DAS when its flaring up. Went to get it renewed 2 years ago and the cast member told me it was only for those with autism, and made a huge big show of how he was granting me an exception...until he saw i had one previously and got incredibly flustered. I guess my DAS hadn't expired like i thought...but it did help prove i was right....i eventually returned to guest relations later for clarification and the CM i talked to then was horrified that i was told the DAS was only for Autism.

As far as I knew DAS were just granted during stays? Not for a certain period of time? My son had DAS on our trip in 2017 and we assumed we would have to get it set up again every time we vacationed to Dis, no matter how long or short between trips.

As far as I knew DAS were just granted during stays? Not for a certain period of time? My son had DAS on our trip in 2017 and we assumed we would have to get it set up again every time we vacationed to Dis, no matter how long or short between trips.
The old one would be on file, so it's more of a renewal, but you still need to go to GR and have it set up for that trip.

I am so sorry this happend to you the DAS is indeed for other needs then just ASD ( and even just having ASD does not mean you get a DAS I know some people withASD that do a much better job waiting in lines then I do). Yes your DAS exspiers after 60 days it will show the CM that you had one before though.

. the DAS is good for 60 days then after that you will need to get it renewed, I find going in and saying i would like to renew my DAS get an ok and then they start the renwl pressess

. the DAS is good for 60 days then after that you will need to get it renewed, I find going in and saying i would like to renew my DAS get an ok and then they start the renwl pressess

Thank you! It'd be rare that we went as a family 60 days or less apart, but I will definitely use "renewal" verbiage when we go back this year for my son!

I think that is a really solid piece of advice, we have 2 of 3 on the spectrum with various accompanying disorders as well as FL resident AP's. When we pop in to GR's, we simply use the phrase we would like to renew our DAS please. That language directs the conversation to be more functional than evaluative, our kids photo's are already in there and all the information is there. We just get everyone's bands scanned and we are good to go.

Having 2 different DAS's gets interesting as they will only let family members be on 1 DAS list! lol

Thank you! It'd be rare that we went as a family 60 days or less apart, but I will definitely use "renewal" verbiage when we go back this year for my son!
Every now and then I will be asked what my needs are or have my needs changed so just be ready for a very brief on the needs or to say if needs have changed or not. But for the most part they are fine with just asking for a DAS renewal

Can someone confirm they keep a history of your past DAS usage at Disneyland. We used one every year, and I asked the CM if they kept a record who had used them in the past and was told no.

Can someone confirm they keep a history of your past DAS usage at Disneyland. We used one every year, and I asked the CM if they kept a record who had used them in the past and was told no.

Why does it matter if they do or not? If your needs are still the same, then you can still ask for one.

Why does it matter if they do or not? If your needs are still the same, then you can still ask for one.

I'm asking a question because I'm thinking there might be a difference between WDW and DL.

Last edited:

Because if they keep a record of it, it's a more efficient process for someone to reinstate a DAS than for the CM to go through the setup process all over again.

OP, I'm not sure if they do the same at DL, but at WDW they keep the info for (i think) 2 years back.

Disneyland does NOT keep a record of your DAS, so you will need to start over each time. WDW does keep a record however, so you can simply ask to renew.

I believe that since the majority of guests are going to have a MDE account at WDW, it makes it easier for WDW to keep records. Practically one of the first things that the CM does at WDW is ask to scan the MB/ticket of the person requesting the DAS. I know it was much faster the second time my sister requested the DAS after the first time.

Calm down. I'm asking a question because I'm thinking there might be a difference between WDW and DL. Your comment wasn't helpful or necessary.

I’m perfectly calm, thank you. I just don’t see why it matters one way or the other...if you still need it, you ask for it. Whether or not they keep a record of you having it previously is irrelevant to you asking for it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter