Virus warning??

leebee

DIS Veteran
Is anyone having issues with pop-ups on the Community Board? For the past few days, almost every time I've been on this board, I get a pop-up window saying "Caution, warning, your computer has been hacked, you have a virus," etc. It takes over the entire page, it's not just a pop-up. I have virus protection that I run and of course there's nothing there, but it's getting annoying that this thing keeps popping up!

Is anyone having issues with pop-ups on the Community Board? For the past few days, almost every time I've been on this board, I get a pop-up window saying "Caution, warning, your computer has been hacked, you have a virus," etc. It takes over the entire page, it's not just a pop-up. I have virus protection that I run and of course there's nothing there, but it's getting annoying that this thing keeps popping up!

Try using Firefox as your browser.

I've got an adblocker running on both my laptop and iPad, both of which I use for DIS'ing. I've never seen that pop-up on either one.
It’s not happening right now, I use my phone, and often I’m unable to even view the DIS.
I haven’t downloaded any ad blockers beyond whatever apple gives in updates. I downloaded google chrome and it’s no better. But I go to 3 other chat forums, Facebook, simply surf the web, but the moment I come here, BAM.
Surprised I’ve been able to come here the past couple days as much as I can.

It’s not happening right now, I use my phone, and often I’m unable to even view the DIS.
I haven’t downloaded any ad blockers beyond whatever apple gives in updates. I downloaded google chrome and it’s no better. But I go to 3 other chat forums, Facebook, simply surf the web, but the moment I come here, BAM.
Surprised I’ve been able to come here the past couple days as much as I can.
I'm running Chrome on the laptop and Safari on the iPad and always have, but before I installed the adblockers, the DIS was practically unusable. :(

I use Chrome and installed (downloaded, it's easy!) Adblocker Plus. It makes a lot of websites angry ("You are running an ad blocker!"), but it makes life so much better. From what I understand, that is not the virus. It's just an ad. But if you click on it, you will get infected. Talk about false advertising.....

Using chrome on my phone brings the nasty popups on disboards only.

Use internet Explorer and no pop ups.

You can pick from any one of about a half dozen threads here on the tech board, leebee. It's been ongoing for many, many months, always ignored. And/or the poll I posted back in May. :confused3

https://www.disboards.com/forums/technical-support.43/

I use a Malware Service called Malwarebytes, no Ad Blockers and no anti-virus. I’ve used this service for years and knock-wood, have not had issues on my desk top computer.

I have had some issues on my I phone and i pad in the past, with the DIS only, but not currently.

I really only posted because this used to be a problem, hasn't been for me in quite awhile, but now is happening all the time. I have Malwarebytes on my laptop so I know it's not actually getting infected, I was just curious if anyone else was having issues as this has just started. I HAD the Adblock to which Dan referred (downloaded from the link) but didn't realize it's no longer on my laptop. Honestly, I'm terribly tech-savvy so it never would have occurred to me to check the tech board here... didn't actually realize that (OH HOLY it just happened again, mid-message)... off to do the blocker-thing.

I really only posted because this used to be a problem, hasn't been for me in quite awhile, but now is happening all the time. I have Malwarebytes on my laptop so I know it's not actually getting infected, I was just curious if anyone else was having issues as this has just started. I HAD the Adblock to which Dan referred (downloaded from the link) but didn't realize it's no longer on my laptop. Honestly, I'm terribly tech-savvy so it never would have occurred to me to check the tech board here... didn't actually realize that (OH HOLY it just happened again, mid-message)... off to do the blocker-thing.
For some reason (I’m also clueless about such things) when I first started using adblocker on my laptop it would sometimes just mysteriously stop running and disappear off my task bar. It was still installed though so all I had to do was relaunch it. That hasn’t happened to me for a long while now. I bet your troubles will resolve when you get your adblocker running again. :wave2:

For some reason (I’m also clueless about such things) when I first started using adblocker on my laptop it would sometimes just mysteriously stop running and disappear off my task bar. It was still installed though so all I had to do was relaunch it. That hasn’t happened to me for a long while now. I bet your troubles will resolve when you get your adblocker running again. :wave2:

I like unlock origin for my pc.

I searched for "adblocker" and got a whole lot of responses. Are Adblockplus.org or getadblock.com what I am looking for? I tried to download it but it won't download unless I do it through the AppStore, and I don't use that... never leave credit cards on file. I hate being dense!

Last edited:
AdBlockplus.org is a safe website. I actually use it, and it works wonders. Right now it's blocking 16 ads on this page alone, and I also don't see YouTube ads anymore.

I searched for "adblocker" and got a whole lot of responses. Are Adblockplus.org or getadblock.com what I am looking for? I tried to download it but it won't download unless I do it through the AppStore, and I don't use that... never leave credit cards on file. I hate being dense!
Hi leebee.

What kind of a device are you using, Apple phone or tablet, Android phone or tablet, desktop/laptop?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!