Virus's Trojans and Worms oh my!

I somehow got a virus yesterday and am still cleaning it up. I think I have the worst of it done, but I am still ending up at a page called (do not go here as it may cause you problems) consumeralertsystem.com even when I type in a working URL (might my IE have been hijacked?). The weird thing is that when I am replying to messages on the DIS boards and I quote the original emssage, their web URL is inserted into the original post I am replying to. So, I don't know if I may have picked this up from the DIS boards since this doesn't happen on other online forums I post to or if that's just a coincidence, but can anyone help me get this cleaned up? SpyBot and MS AnitSpyware aren't finding any threats, but it's still there.

Thanks for any help you may offer!

PJ

I am cleaning up a Ttrojan virus off my lap top as I send this from my desk top. The only forum I am on is DIS.

fan - was the virus that infected you "troj_generic.z"?

I have something new that shows up on my homepage ( even though when I checked my settings, comcast is still showing up there as my homepage. I keep getting eprotectpage.com- a security website- and then a box that pops up that tells me I am exposed to a virus that attempts to steal passwords =0. Any advice?????

I got the trojan.peacomm on my computer and when I hit protect me now on my norton it runs the update virus defintions and it says it failed. I'm on my school connection when I got it. I need help please.

What is a WIN32/ZPerm virus? My AVG keeps finding these WIN32 things. Once it is in my virus vault do I just delete it?

Hello,

I am hoping someone here can offer me some help with a problem I am having.
I have read a few pages here and didnt see my problem, so am asking for help.

When ever I post on the boards i get hit with a virus. When I ran Norton and Spybot both it took 15 minutes to clear it.
The identified it as a Tracking cookie?

What happens is all of a sudden I get hundreds and hundreds of pages layering themselves from the dis boards on my screen. It move really fast. Just a few seconds for hundreds of pages to be posted.

It says its a low risk virus. However since it happens almost everytime I post it is driving me nuts!!! I am also afraid it may damage my computer.

I do have my firewalls fairly high and as I stated above I have Norton and Spybot both for security.

any ideas of how to stop this would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup2

mom x4,grandma x4 AKA Kathy

A couple of months ago, I got something called z9th-birthday (I think that it what it was called) trojan from some site. It caused my computer to run very slow and crash alot. I had Norton and it wasn't able to fix it. A friend told me to try the free version of Cyberdefender which I did and it worked!! I liked the way it worked easy to understand and the paid version came with 24/7 computer help so I got it.

So, Norton didn't do it for me, but Cyberdefender did - 2 thumbs up!!

I had been using AVG on my system for a long time, then I got a really bad virus that crashed my system and damaged my drive or something.

Anyways, a friend of mine re did my setup on computer and put the free version of Cyberdefender on it.

I am glad he did cuz later it block a website from changing my homepage and stoped a virus attack and it seemd to work well. about once a week at pop-up would remind me of some benefit of the paid version and after that attack I decidied to look at it.

I liked that it had 2 GB of back-up but really liked that they had a phone #,email 24/7 help line for any computer program. $100 for all that, I said deal!!

Very happy with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter