visa reward $

poohangel

DIS Veteran
We are leaving for WDW in 61 days 18 hours and 50 minutes, when should I send for my reward $. I know they expire soon after you get them, but how soon? How long does it take to get them in the mail?

TIA
poohangel:D

Don't worry, they don't expire for a long time. I used some for my May trip, and I think they expire in December of 2004. I think I got mine within 2 weeks, but I'm not positive.

I received mine in a matter of days. I was really surprised how quickly they came. I was afraid I wouldn't get them in time for our departure on 9/25! Mine expire 12/31/04.

Mine expire Dec 2004 and they arrived a whole lot faster than I thought they would...just a few days.

Just be careful. I went to order some more for our trip 8/30 and they are currently backordered. Not that it's a big deal....I'll just save them for my next trip - but if I had ordered them I would have been out of luck this time because they expire 12/31/04 and we won't be going next year with the new baby.

Poohangel: We leave about the same time you do. I was going to order my reward dollars at the beginning of October. I want as many reward dollars as possible . . . what else can I buy . . .

I just got off the phone with BankOne and was able to order my Dollars. Mine should arrive by Sept. 10. She didn't say anything about them being backordered. Maybe you should call again??

buy whatever you can think of, i bought 2 of the 75th anniversary watches that were available for the card holder, i talked by husband into buying a new riding lawnmower (his was at least 12 years old).
I will probably go ahead and order them now, just to get that out of the way.

Now I will only have to worry about packing, save that for the week before we leave.

:p poohangel

They say they're backordered on the website....so I called and the gentleman I spoke to said the same thing....I should have them by 9/10 - but I'm leaving 8/30 so it doesn't help. Even backordered they are arriving within their original time frame they give you but when they have had them they were arriving in about 7 days. It was worth a shot :D

I also have the Disney Visa card and was saving my points for our december trip. Is it true you have to spend a certain amount of money to use these coupons? I have the toys r us visa card and you don't need to purchase anything. Just wondering, Thanks, Gina

I called a couple of weeks ago to get my vouchers for our December trip and the woman on the phone told me to wait until October to call back because they will be issuing gift card type cards with the money on it. Whenever you want to add more money that you have earned on it, they will be able to do it electronically. The cards will also only deduct the exact amount of the purchase, so they are going to be better than the vouchers.

Are you guys talking about the 1% Disney Reward $?

If so, how do I go about redeeming them? I can't seem to find a link on the website.

Thanks!

You don't have to spend a specific dollar amount. However, the certificates come in $10 amounts and change is not given. If you use a $10 certificate to buy a $7 plush, you will NOT get change. Therefore, you may want to add on something else to your purchase to bring the amount over $10 and pay the difference, just to get your money's worth out of the certificates.

If you want to buy a $50 watch and use $30 worth of certificates, you'll be able to do that and you'll pay the $20 difference.

I have $140 worth of certificates which will be used toward the renewal of my annual pass (yes, even though I don't get room discounts now). I'll just be paying the difference between $140 and whatever the AP renewal rate is.

On the website, there is a drop-down menu once you access your account called "account actions." Select "manage rewards" from this menu. On the page that opens, click the blue bar at the bottom that says "manage rewards." In the window that opens, select "order reward items" from the drop-down menu. That will give you a list of items you can order.

I called a couple of weeks ago to get my vouchers for our December trip and the woman on the phone told me to wait until October to call back because they will be issuing gift card type cards with the money on it. Whenever you want to add more money that you have earned on it, they will be able to do it electronically. The cards will also only deduct the exact amount of the purchase, so they are going to be better than the vouchers.

Yes, the Disney Store CM told me that something new was being worked on with the Disney Visa, a new card that has your Reward Dollarson them. He really didn't have much information, but said there will be an insert explaining it all in the Sept. visa bill. He also said there's gping to be a special promotion to earn 200 points if you spend a certain amount at the Disney Store during a certain time frame.
Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter