Visiting for the first time!

mydisneyanytime

Mouseketeer
We are in the beginning stages of a possible trip to Glasgow. It will be my mom, dad (age 82), daughter (13), myself, and my son (12) who will be in a wheelchair for any sight seeing, etc. as he can't walk long distances at all.

We are hoping to do some sightseeing in Scotland but also visit England/London. We will only be there a week so want to do as much as possible as I don't see us getting back any time soon or at all (unfortunately!).

What would you recommend to see from Scotland to London? Rent a car or how is public transportation with a wheelchair? Any suggestions you have will be great and helpful as I begin to look at the trip and ideas.

Have you picked Glasgow over Edinburgh for a reason? I’d definitely recommend going to Edinburgh if you can fit it in. For your way down to London I would recommend the Lake District or the Yorkshire Dales for some pretty countryside if the rest of the time is going to be spent in cities.

What kind of place are you looking for for your inbetween location? A place just to stay or to explore? City or countryside?

Glasgow is the package place with hotel and air. I dont really have any specifics except doing the history sightseeing. I am concerned about getting around with the wheelchair. I am not opposed to Edinburgh at all. I know we can't fit everything in!

A few things to think about

( A ) Does the week include arriving time & departure time ?

Say you land at 9am then you are out onto " street " by 10.30am .... then to Hotel by 12noon .

Ready for sightseeing by 2pm ... NOW 1 day gone.

( B ) Day 2 sightseeing

( C ) Day 3 & Day 4 ........ Drive to London ( NOT worth the stress )

( D ) Day 5 & Day 6 .... Drive Back to Edinburgh

( E ) Day 7 Pack up & go to Airport.

Better Option would be to Explore Scotland & forget London

OR

Forget Scotland & spend time in Greater London Area

You will Need a 7 seat van .............. NOTE Most cars are STICK SHIFT ..... Hard to find Automatic ......

How many drivers & you KNOW that the Steering wheel is on The Right & we drive on LEFT HAND side of Road

Hope this Helps ....... I live in Ireland but we do drive / fly / car Ferry .....to U.K & Scotland

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!