Visiting onsite resorts to dine now that onsite guests are charged for parking

Belle5

DIS Veteran
We are staying at WBC. I am sure this question has been asked but if we want to dine at the onsite resorts how is parking handled now that onsite guests are charged to park at their own resort? Do they give you a three hour parking pass? What if you are dining at the quick service restaurant at the resort, not the table service where your reservation can be verified? We have been visiting Disney for 35+ years, always with a car and have dined at almost all the resort restaurants, table and quick service, by parking directly at the resort where we want to dine. I am hoping that is still the case! I would be happy to show the gate attendant our dining receipt before exiting, if necessary! FWIW, we are not visiting during a busy season when I know parking is more restricted.

We are staying at WBC. I am sure this question has been asked but if we want to dine at the onsite resorts how is parking handled now that onsite guests are charged to park at their own resort? Do they give you a three hour parking pass? What if you are dining at the quick service restaurant at the resort, not the table service where your reservation can be verified? We have been visiting Disney for 35+ years, always with a car and have dined at almost all the resort restaurants, table and quick service, by parking directly at the resort where we want to dine. I am hoping that is still the case! I would be happy to show the gate attendant our dining receipt before exiting, if necessary! FWIW, we are not visiting during a busy season when I know parking is more restricted.

The only resort we have been turned away from without a reservation is the Beach Club, which I understand, especially during food and wine season.

It’s no big deal. You can actually just be visiting a resort, no ADR needed.

Depends on the resort and the timing. Monorail resorts will often turn you away without an ADR. Sometimes you might get lucky, but don't count on it. Boardwalk resorts also don't want people parking there to avoid paying at Epcot and DHS, so that's hit or miss, too. Now that the skyliner is running, those resorts might be tightening up their parking situation, though in the past it was not a problem to park at Pop or AoA.

You're probably okay at most of the other resorts, but there's no guarantee. We were turned away from FW last year when we wanted to go to Chip n Dale's sing along. Parking attendant told us to park at DS and take a bus.

If we are visiting multiple resorts and eating counter service and snacks we usually park at Disney Springs and take the bus or boat to first resort. If we have ADR we will drive to resorts.

if we want to dine at the onsite resorts how is parking handled now that onsite guests are charged to park at their own resort?
Disney is charging their overnight guests for parking; not if you're visiting during the day. That said, as others have mentioned you could be turned away without an ADR at the more popular resorts. The monorail resorts are notorious for this and instruct people to park in the TTC lot. I've also heard they will, sometimes during busy seasons, send people with ADR's to Ohana to the TTC lot also, but that's never happened to us.

They've gotten a lot more strict with parking, showing ID, etc over the past few years. We go to Olivia's at OKW, POFQ, AKL, etc without issue, but we've never tried to go to the Poly or other monorail resorts without an ADR. I would Uber or Lyft to those if we would go without an ADR because I can't stand the TTC parking lot. You'll pay about the same, if not less, using rideshare to the monorail resorts vs. parking at the TTC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!