Vistana Reservations - Help please

Nana2Callie

DIS Veteran
I need to make a reservation but I'm a little confused on the location an details between the two. (Yes I've reviewed online and called direct).

Sheraton Resort or Sheraton Villages - I can't fully tell the difference.

Sheraton Villages is on International Drive which seems closer to the park and has 2 of 3 pools open (not that we will be swimming in October).

Sheraton Resort at 8800 Center Drive says they are 15-20 minutes from parks. And 3 pools open with limited outdoor activities.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

There are a couple of threads under the hotel reviews sub-forum here dedicated to each one with tons of information.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-sheraton-vistana-resort-thread-key-links-on-p-1.3148502/https://www.disboards.com/threads/sheraton-vistana-villages-your-reviews-tips-ratings.2854036/
Sheraton Vistana Resort (8800 Vistana Center Drive) is the original Sheraton branded timeshare resort and is actually closer to WDW by about 5 minutes. It is about twice the size of the sister resort Sheraton Vistana Villages on I-Drive, that began development as the property for the former filled up.

There are a few more amenities at SVR, and more choices for style of accommodation. SVR actually started as a Tennis Club resort, and the first section built (courts) resembles more of a town home development with parking at your door and walk-up villas, stairs to the 2nd floor units. As the resort expanded, the formula for timeshares started to change, as did the features and footprints of the units. The last two sections of SVR are 5-6 story buildings with exterior corridors and parking lots; more like apartment buildings. All sections at SVV are similar to these last two at SVR.

Both are wonderful resorts, and which you choose should be driven by the type of villa you would enjoy as much as by the location. The extra 5 minutes drive to SVV isn't really significant.

Our first stay in Orlando was at SVV, but we later bought a resale villa at SVR and have never looked back.

We stay in the one on Idrive, its across the freeway from disney springs and a few mins from sea world My husband prefers them because it's a newer property. ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter