Visual impairment + concierge rooms

dudlee930

Rozzie's Mom
Has anyone on this board ever been successful (or even tried) to get a concierge room that was on a lower floor based on a visual impairment? I am going in Sept./Oct. and we have a great rate at the AKL concierge level, but I know I will not be able to see the savannah with my impairment, as the concierge rooms are on the 5th and 6th floors. Most of the resorts have the concierge rooms on the top floors, which although you aren't trying to see animals below, also causes concern if we were to have to evacuate the building in case of an emergency. I am legally blind without my glasses, but I can see with my glasses for a reasonable distance.

We called the AKL concierge desk and they said we'd have to upgrade (at a significant financial cost) to a one-bedroom or two-bedroom suite in order to be on the first or second level and still be considered "concierge-level". We even offered to be in a "regular" room on a lower floor, but have access to the concierge lounge and they said "no."

I don't mind paying extra for savannah view or concierge level, but would like to "see" the animals. (Not to mention that I have a fear of heights!).

I also, as a backup, have ressies at the Polynesian concierge, since the buildings there are only 3 floors high, just in case. But would love to be at AKL.

Any suggestions, if I still want concierge level?

Skip the middle man...

Don't call AKL.... Call WDW Resort Special Reservations at (407) 939-7807 (voice) or (407) 939-7670 (TTY).

They will be of more help tp you than anyone at the resorts :)

Ahhh! Just the advice I was going to give.:D
Great minds think alike.:p

we tried calling special request number today said nothing they could think of doing.i will try writing a letter to guest relations and if that does't work i guess i don't get to stay at akl.thanks for help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!