Visual impairments (not blind)

IandGsmom

Just another crazy Disney lady
Just wanted to let you all know how it went taking my visually impaired son to WDW in June ( a little late, I know)
I made sure I had a note from doc, just in case. Showed it to City Hall CM which did not even look at it and they gave me a card that we should show to the CMs at shows and rides if we needed to sit up front. It really helped us alot. My son who was born at 27 weeks weighing 1 pound 10 ounces has had many eye operations and needs to sit really close to things like that. We sat in the front of the Indiana Jones stunt show and Fantasmic which ensured that he could see. I would sit in back of very show every time if he could see well.:( I just wanted to let you all know that it worked great. We also went to Disneyland, that being our "home" since then and they did not give us any card stating that no such card is available there. We could however speak to the individual CMs and let them know. I had done that in the past and it worked fine then. We requested to see Aladdin up close and sat in the 2nd row. Also sat in front of Playhouse Disney in California Adventure. In conclusion WDW system seems much better but if you go to DL make sure you talk to the CMs, they do seem willing to understnad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter