Vitoria & Alberts

GaryM

Earning My Ears
I was kind of insulted today when the cast was covering the soft opening of the new Beauty and the Beast lounge at the Grand Flordian. Teresa made a comment that you might have a drink in this new space while waiting to go into Victoria and Aberts for dinner. The commens "Who goes there!", "Who eats there", were insulting to me. The major reason my husband and I go to disneyworld is to eat at Victoria and Alberts. We do go to the partks, but spend 90% of our time at World Showcase and going to the more expensive dining options throghout the parks. This includes animal kingdom, world showcase, and the boardwalk area. After th is show, I felt like that since I am both old (70) and have money, I should stay home, because everyone else will think we are capitalist pigs. I almost always love listening to the Disuplugged Disneyworld edition, but this particular one was really insulting to me.

Maybe our upcoming trip in February 2020 will be our last.

Gary

Why let strangers make you feel bad about how you spend your money? And to give up going on trips you otherwise enjoy because of it?

Sorry, seems like an overreaction to me. You do you and have fun enjoying the things that bring you joy.

I was kind of insulted today when the cast was covering the soft opening of the new Beauty and the Beast lounge at the Grand Flordian. Teresa made a comment that you might have a drink in this new space while waiting to go into Victoria and Aberts for dinner. The commens "Who goes there!", "Who eats there", were insulting to me. The major reason my husband and I go to disneyworld is to eat at Victoria and Alberts. We do go to the partks, but spend 90% of our time at World Showcase and going to the more expensive dining options throghout the parks. This includes animal kingdom, world showcase, and the boardwalk area. After th is show, I felt like that since I am both old (70) and have money, I should stay home, because everyone else will think we are capitalist pigs. I almost always love listening to the Disuplugged Disneyworld edition, but this particular one was really insulting to me.

Gary

I think because most average Disney goers can’t afford V&A and they wanted to relate to their viewers. I don’t think they meant any offense to those who go, the quality of V&A is typically very well respected.

Aw Gary, they were just joking around. You go have yourself a a great time at V&A and wherever your heart desires. You get to spend your money as you like and V&A sounds lovely to me. I think the Dis Unplugged people simply don't see themselves going there because their pockets aren't as deep yet. Give them some years to build up their Roth IRAs and they'll be right there.

Let me see if I fully understand this post. You can afford to eat at all these awesome places and you’re so insulted by one bloggers joke that you’re going to stop going to Disney after your next visit?

When I see someone walk into Victoria and Alberts, I don’t think “there goes another capitalist pig.” I think “must be nice to have a dinner date without the kids.”

What the...

You're either looking for something to be offended by or are insecure about spending a lot of money on your dinners (which you shouldn't be).

"Maybe our upcoming trip in February 2020 will be our last."

You're gonna stop going to your favorite place because someone on a podcast made a joke about a restaurant you like?

A tad dramatic, no?

Relax, my friend. Enjoy the dinners!

Really?

I think it's fair to say that Pete, Kevin and John all have more than enough money to go to any and all Disney restaurants as much as they like, but K&J have repeatedly said they wont go purely because they dont want to adhere to the dresscode.

You're either looking for something to be offended by or are insecure about spending a lot of money on your dinners (which you shouldn't be).
I'm going with Option 3. Wants to make a point that they DO have the money to go there and ALL the expensive places at WDW....

Id be more offended if T said "sheesh, who CAN'T afford to go there?!" than if she said "who even goes there?"
Id say its more a reflection of it's stuffiness than the money knowing T

I mean, the guy has one post. And THIS is the topic that sparked him to jump in? And he and his husband are threatening to quit Disney?
So I think it’s just someone playing with all you guys. Sorry for those who tried to provide thoughtful feedback.
Maybe I am wrong, in case then welcome to the boards but uh, we need some clarification please. Please explain why you would quit Disney.

Last edited:
I think because most average Disney goers can’t afford V&A and they wanted to relate to their viewers. I don’t think they meant any offense to those who go, the quality of V&A is typically very well respected.

EXACTLY my take.

Your SO offended by the opinions on people who you don’t even know?

If you don’t “get” the teams humor by now I would watch other podcasts they are never out to be offensive or harsh to anyone they have a dry sense of humor.

fun is not allowed.

Gary

I just rewatched the clip and Teresa literally said, “if you got the moola to do it, do it!”, after saying that she’s been there before. I am not sure what part could even be taken as offensive here, if anything she’s rooting you on.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. If somebody states that they think raw sushi is disgusting, do you stop eating it, despite it being your favorite food? Do you sell your car if somebody says that the brand is unreliable?

Unbelievable that you'd let a simple opinion statement affect your ability to visit Disney and enjoy at your own leisure...

I'm sorry, but this seems like a not so subtle way to humble brag about being able to afford to eat at the fanciest places in WDW. I think the remark of "who goes there" was their way of implying that they can't afford it. Actually in the live chat Ryno even stated that it was a dream of his to one day be able to afford to go there.

Most repeat Disney goers understand being questioned about why would you go there or why again. So we all understand feeling attacked for our decisions, but that wasn't the case here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone is entitled to spend their money how they see fit.

Never apologize for living your best life and enjoy the finer things. People buy expensive suits and cars without being judged, why should those who enjoy V&A be judged. Same with Club 33 members. Be proud you are able to enjoy the experience multiple times. I went on our honeymoon expecting to be a one-and-done event and was so blown away by the service and quality that we were talking about going back on our 10-year anniversary only because we wouldn't afford to go on our 5-year

I think the crew was just kidding around with Teresa. They've been much harder on her for Twistee Treat, and that too was all in fun. Ultimately, I think there may been a bit too much trying to read in between the lines here and twisting it. Heck, I'm guilty of it sometimes too. Ultimately, it sounds like you're having great experiences at WDW and I don't think they were implying there was anything wrong with you frequenting V&A.

Yeah, I just finished watching the entire show last night, rewound to the section in question (I'm a poet, and I daggone well DO know it!) several times, and I have ZERO idea where ANY shade was thrown, or ANY fodder was given to feel ANY offense.

But - I still stand by my original sentiment. If you enjoy goig to V&A (or anywhere else, for that matter) ENJOY it - regardless of what anybody else says or thinks. It ain't crowd decision making, it's about doing what makes you happy. Reiterated - do you!!

Case in point - I was the joke amongst my friends for many years because I loved Figment (hi Kathy!), and still do, although I haven't seen him in quite awhile. I never cared who did/didn't want to ride with me, or browse around the gift shop. Didn't even care who made fun of me - matter of fact - their amusement amused ME. Rode every single time I could, and still would, no questions asked!! Matter of fact, their actions probably caused me to ride and love it MORE!! (Although granted - both versions after the first one have sucked!!!!)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter