Syzygy

Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood
When filming (vlogging) videos, what kind of microphone do you use on your camera to pick up audio in front of the camera, AND behind? [...so that you can hear the people in front of the camera, AND the person holding the camera].

Do you have a mic facing behind the camera AND a forward facing mic? (Or, is there one mic that can work for both in-front & behind the camera at the same time?)

Thanks in advance for your kindness and insights!

If you're only worried about the person right behind the mic, most of the shotgun-types should work. But beyond a foot away, most of them are very directional (biggest factor is distance versus volume of sound source). OR. You could try a Olympus ME-51S. And point one channel forward and one backwwards?

If you're only worried about the person right behind the mic, most of the shotgun-types should work. But beyond a foot away, most of them are very directional (biggest factor is distance versus volume of sound source). OR. You could try a Olympus ME-51S. And point one channel forward and one backwwards?

Thank you for your response and insights!

I use a Rode Videomic Go and it's good at getting audio in the front and a little in the back(only the person holding the camera) I think something like a Rode Videomic Pro Stereo might give you multi directional pickup. not 100% sure though

That's a good choice. It doesn't require batteries so you'll never get caught with dead ones.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!