Volcano Bay Cabana - Pricing

I just can't even fathom spending $549 for a cabana. Maybe that's me being cheap, maybe I have no idea how much people love their open air waterpark seating. But WOW. $550. That's two plane tickets for us!

So, essentially what I am getting here is wait to go during non-peak season during the fall, or even "winter" time in order to more than likely get the starter price? At least what's it sounds like to me.

I just can't even fathom spending $549 for a cabana. Maybe that's me being cheap, maybe I have no idea how much people love their open air waterpark seating. But WOW. $550. That's two plane tickets for us!
So true! The Premium Seating seems to be pretty reasonable. Really hard to believe they're holding out on info. for these things.

Expect them to be sold out everyday and for the summer they will max out the price. I wouldn't doubt that they would sell out before the park even opens for the day. Also if anyone plans on going during the first couple of week get there extremely early as they will close the gates as soon as they hit capacity which will happen an hour after opening just like disney does.

UPDATED INFORMATION - 4/15/2017
I called Universal Orlando this morning, and they gave me NEW information about Cabanas and Premium Seating...

Cabanas
  • One-Story Cabana (Standalone) - $159.99 - $449.99
  • Two-Story Cabana (Lower Level) - $159.99 - $449.99
  • Two-Story Cabana (Upper Level) - $199.99 - $549.99
  • No Annual Passholder discounts announced (yet!)
  • There are 11 standalone cabanas, 18 lower level cabanas and 20 upper level cabanas. (I don't get it either. Are 2 of the upper level cabanas floating above the park?)
  • Each cabana seats up to 6 guests.
  • Pricing varies based on inventory, time of the year and location of the cabana in the park.
  • We still cannot make a reservation!! :(
Premium Seating
  • $29.99 - $69.99
  • Pricing varies based on inventory and time of the year.
  • Reservations are not yet available.
Towel Service
  • Nothing has been announced yet.

If anyone hears anything new, please post to this thread. I CANNOT wait!!!

So this premium seating... are we talking beach chairs??? I am going on June 30th with another family. what did they say about more than 6 people? do you have to get 2 cabanas? or do children not count? I wish we could book these soon....

I'm interested in the premium seating for those prices. Would even consider a cabana, but July 4th weekend, I expect the higher prices.

But it appears everything is priced for a full day rental? I'm surprised they aren't offering half-day pricing. Or even 1/3rd day --- Morning, afternoon and night.

For a cabana, for example... I definitely wouldn't pay $450... and I'm not planning on spending an entire day at Volcano bay. But if it was $150-$200 for a 4 hour afternoon rental, I'd consider it.

Same with the premium seating... $30-$70 per seat... so for my wife and I, $60 to $140... Again, July 4th weekend, not sure I would pay $140 for the 2 of us. But if I could rent the seating for an afternoon for $50, I'd do it in a heart beat.

If they are only doing full day rates.... I bet you end up seeing a lot of unused premium seating during some parts of the day. (Especially morning and night).

You would be suprised what people are willing to pay. The prices at Wet and Wild were crazy and still during the summer we sold out. I expect it to be the same at Volcano Bay where within the first hour of opening all seats and cabanas have been sold.

HEADS UP FOR THOSE BOOKING TODAY!!! MAKE SURE YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE REP KNOWS THAT THE PREMIUM SEATING IS BOOKED AS A PAIR OF SEATS FOR THE PRICE. I INITIALLY TOLD HER THAT WE WERE A PARTY OF 3, BUT ONLY WANTED TO SECURE SEATING FOR THE 2 ADULTS, WHICH SHE VERIFIED AGAIN BEFORE BOOKING. MY FIRST CSR BOOKED ME 2 SETS OF SEATS (total of 4 loungers), THINKING THAT THE PRICING WAS PER SEAT. A PAIR OF SEATS IS SOLD FOR THE GIVEN PRICE, PRICING IS NOT PER SEAT. HOPE THAT MAKES SENSE.

I was able to catch it quickly and have them cancel my initial reservation and process it quickly. Glad I chose print at home seating, or I would have been none the wiser. Also, read the small print. LOL.

Thanks for the heads up. Secured premium seating for DH and I...14 y/o kiddo will have to fend for himself, or share lounger space at the foot end with one of us.

Things I did find out: They don't have specs for the locker dimensions that are included. So, I'm hoping that it's big enough for a backpack in case we decide to bring changes of clothes with us. We'll see.

As far as pricing goes: We're going in mid to late June....single cabana pricing was $400...out of our budget. But the premium seating loungers were priced at $65/for a set of 2 , 69.22 with tax included. For guaranteed real estate in what is going to be an uber busy time, I'll glady pay that.

Last edited:
So this premium seating... are we talking beach chairs??? I am going on June 30th with another family. what did they say about more than 6 people? do you have to get 2 cabanas? or do children not count? I wish we could book these soon....

Premium seating includes a padded lounger, an adjustable umbrella, a locker, and a shared attendant.

The single cabanas accommodate 6 people. The family cabanas accommodate 16 (according to the website). I didn't ask what the pricing was for a family cabana, as the single cabana pricing for our June vacation was $400...a bit too steep for us!

Last edited:
UPDATED INFORMATION - 4/21/2017
Volcano Bay Cabanas - NOW AVAILABLE!

I just updated the pricing at the top of this post!!!!

Volcano Bay Cabana and Premium Seating is now available! :yay:

I called Universal Orlando this morning ( 877-489-8068 ) and booked a Single Family Cabana in River Village on Opening Day, 5/25. The cost was $319.49. That is better pricing than I hoped. We CANNOT wait for opening day!

You can book the Family Suite Cabana for a family with up to 16. I checked this morning, and the cost for a Family Suite Cabana in River Village will cost you $532.49 on opening day.

Last edited:
Wheww....Just booked a Single Unit, Stand Alone for $425.99 in the "Wave Village". A little more than we were going to spend, but that's what overtime at work is for I guess:rolleyes2

Just booked a single unit, stand alone in Rainforest Village for Thursday, 10/19 and it was $250+tax. The TM on the phone said if we could book Monday it would only be $170 and $180 for Tuesday. Unfortunately we arrive Tuesday so neither of those options worked for us.

I called ticketing and got premium seating for about $47 total for May 31. I thought about cabana (would've been $249) but decided we'd probably be running around a lot and seating would be enough.

So I just read about another rumored cabana perk on another site.. this is definitely a game changer for us...

"But none of this compares to the final, greatest benefit you get for calling a cabana your own for the day: the ability to modify your place in all of the various attractions’ Virtual Lines. While Universal has yet to offer the full scoop on this tantalizing perk, we can already assume that this will be the deal-maker for many a vacationer – just like how free Express Passes for staying at the three more expensive on-site hotels are the main draw for many guests there."

If this is accurate information then that is awesome! Being able to schedule all your return times right from the cabana as opposed to having to wander around the park and tap your band at every attraction will save LOADS of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter