Volcano Bay in January

lizzilou

Mouseketeer
We have four day one park only tickets for all three parks and are going the last week of January. If the weather holds out, it looks like we might go to Volcano Bay if we get everything we want done at the big parks our first three days (I'm hoping for low crowds). Our last Universal trip was in 2015, so we've never been.

Has anyone been recently? How are the crowds at Volcano Bay in winter? Are you freezing cold if its only 75? Are the pools heated? Can we go later in the day when it warms up a bit and not worry finding a good spot and long waits?

I can only answer a couple of your questions and theorize on one.

VB is heated and while I cannot speak on terms of VB experience I have went to TL at Disney when it was in the 70's and was comfortable (but everyone is different). As for crowds, I would guess the crowds would not be that intense as it's non-peak season in general for theme parks, especially for a water park. Others will have to answer on whether it would still affected crowds as you're considering going later in the day when it is warmer (would imagine a lot of guests would have that idea too).

Tim Tracker has a great video on VB in January. See if you can google it.

They had a great time although personally it would have to be over 80 for me to enjoy it.

Thanks. I'll look it up!
I highly recommend this plan. Especially if 77'ish or higher, especially on a projected low crowd day, which would probably be most or all days that time. I went last year early February on a weekday about 78-80 degrees. Arrived noon'ish and stayed until 5. Did all slides, except 3 drop slides, which I didn't want to do, both rivers, and wave pool. Most slides were ride now. Had lunch. Pick of loungers. Never got cold. It's one of the best memories of the trip up there with WWHP. Will go back this year on a trip about the same time if weather holds up.

It sounds like we may be just a few days ahead of you—January 22-27 for us. We’re hoping the weather gets warm enough to go to VB, if we do I’ll try to come back and tell you our experience. We just watched the Tim Tracker video and are hoping we have the same perfect weather they had that day!

It sounds like we may be just a few days ahead of you—January 22-27 for us. We’re hoping the weather gets warm enough to go to VB, if we do I’ll try to come back and tell you our experience. We just watched the Tim Tracker video and are hoping we have the same perfect weather they had that day!
I watched the January Tim Tracker last night too. I think it convinced me to try harder to fit it in! I'm glad to hear its all heated.

We are there 1/26-2/1. We have a Disney day already scheduled for 1/28. I was just going to save Volcano Bay for last, but we might, depending on the weather, go on our best weather day instead. When we went in 2015, 3 days was plenty for the other two parks. Since we don't have park to park, we'll just have to plan for two days at IoA, so we hopefully we get to ride Hagrids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter