VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Sounds like a decently successful day. I've dropped a band in the action river as well. It can be pretty intense. Glad they were able to get it straightened out and get your time matched back up with your daughters. Everyone seems to be catching on to getting there earlier and earlier now. The different lunch windows are at the two biggest restaurants. The smaller ones have a one stop window for everything. That can indeed be a pain, especially if you have to grab food for multiple people with varying tastes. Sounds like you maximized your fun despite the small hiccups. Thanks for the report!
We actually used your touring plan to a T and it worked out great!! Thank you so much!!!

We spent the total of 13 hours at VB yesterday. We could have done more rides if we wanted to. But our goal was to do all the rides (except the two body slides) one time and repeat whatever and whenever we felt like it. We ended up only wanting to do Krakatau two more times and Honu one more time. We liked all the rest of the rides but not enough to ride again. We wanted to just enjoy what the park has to offer. We spent literally hours in the lazy river. My daughters loved swimming and playing in it. We played with a bunch of Tapu Tapu-activated stuff. We visited all the nooks and crannies around the park.

Thanks for answering my question. I keep changing my mind on how to handle this park and posts like yours are very helpful.

WAVE POOL QUESTION

Is is a crashing wave like Typhoon Lagoon, or bouncy waves like Blizzard Beach? Videos look like Blizzard Beach.

Thanks for answering my question. I keep changing my mind on how to handle this park and posts like yours are very helpful.
I'm glad my mini report can help you in any way. I wanted to post it to help other people since other people's reports helped me planning this VB day tremendously. Feel free to ask any questions. If I can answer, I definitely will!!

That's strange. I am going in August. I am positive the park opening time was listed as 10:00am, with EE starting at 9:00am. I wonder when this changed? I hope it means that EE is moving back to 8:00am instead of being dropped.

Hi I just got off the phone with guest services and the associate told me at this time they are not sure what they are going to do for hours and EE at Volcano Bay for August. Right now EE is only up til July 31st. It sounds like a last minute decision.

I have a thought about this. I have been looking over a couple of sites for reviews and I see consistently people complaining about on-site guests getting in and it filling to capacity. I am wondering if Universal is going to take VB away from us for EE to make off-site guests happy. This would really stink considering I like so many set our whole vacation at CBBR and other on site hotels for EE to VB.

Hopefully I am wrong on my thought and we will see EE hours for August.

Hi I just got off the phone with guest services and the associate told me at this time they are not sure what they are going to do for hours and EE at Volcano Bay for August. Right now EE is only up til July 31st. It sounds like a last minute decision.

I have a thought about this. I have been looking over a couple of sites for reviews and I see consistently people complaining about on-site guests getting in and it filling to capacity. I am wondering if Universal is going to take VB away from us for EE to make off-site guests happy. This would really stink considering I like so many set our whole vacation at CBBR and other on site hotels for EE to VB.

Hopefully I am wrong on my thought and we will see EE hours for August.

I think Universal is probably more concerned about keeping on-site guests happy. That's where their profits come from.

I think Universal is probably more concerned about keeping on-site guests happy. That's where their profits come from.
I texted Universal today and mentioned that the website shows beginning on Aug. 1st - Volcano Bay opening for 9, but 9 was also listed as early entry time for on-site guests. They assured me that if opening time is 9, EE would be 8 for on-site guests. I hope they know what they are talking about, we arrive on July 29th and stay through Aug. 5th.

I texted Universal today and mentioned that the website shows beginning on Aug. 1st - Volcano Bay opening for 9, but 9 was also listed as early entry time for on-site guests. They assured me that if opening time is 9, EE would be 8 for on-site guests. I hope they know what they are talking about, we arrive on July 29th and stay through Aug. 5th.

I hope so too we are there from July 228-August 4 :thumbsup2

WAVE POOL QUESTION

Is is a crashing wave like Typhoon Lagoon, or bouncy waves like Blizzard Beach? Videos look like Blizzard Beach.

Asking the real questions! I wish they could up it like Typhoon Lagoon! I've never experienced waves like that before.

That's strange. I am going in August. I am positive the park opening time was listed as 10:00am, with EE starting at 9:00am. I wonder when this changed? I hope it means that EE is moving back to 8:00am instead of being dropped.

I was happy the park wasn't opening until 10 so I didn't have to get there until 9 for EE. Now I am bummed.

The early entry website still says 9 AM for August, but they changed the park hours from 10-10 to 9-9 on the day I am going. Guess I will keep an eye on the hours

Last edited:
They have been pretty consistent about updating Early Entry on the calendars for Volcano Bay at the last possible minute. I remember them doing just this for the June trip. I wouldn't worry about it much. There's no way they cut off EE for the park with as popular as it has been. Like stated above, they are going to look out for onsite guest and do all they can to drive up hotel booking rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!