VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Thanks mac.........:thumbsup2

Not sure of current rules, but in Tim Tracker's opening day video, he noted that you had to have a tube and a life jacket for the fast lazy river. (I believe the regular lazy river wasn't running in that video.)

He talks about it at 19:30

I hadn't seen that one......thanks for posting it kivara.........

I wonder if that's atricks ducking down to try and avoid being in the film...........:D

Question- we rented 2 cabanas covering 12 people. How strict will they be on use of cabana? Can a person from the Group 1 cabana, enter the cabana assigned to group 2? Also, if someone has unlimited express pass, can they let someone else use it? Thanks!

They probably jumped the gun offering EP opening day. Maybe they will bring it back after they get a chance to dial in the Tapu system and get all the attractions up to speed.

I've seen a few twitters and posts on other forums about it only allowing 1 ride at a time and no more 1+krakatau starting today. I imagine it will go through several changes over the next few weeks as they tweak the system. This weekend could be something totally different :confused3

Something I have been wondering about.... Are they going to limit day parking at CBBR to resort guests only? I have to admit if I coming to VB for the day, I would definitely park at CB and walk over vs. parking at CW and taking the bus:crowded:. I don't care if they doubled the day parking fee, would still do it and I'm sure a lot of other people have had the same idea. That would really suck for resort guests. Certainly someone at Uni thought of this and has plans for it but I haven't seen anything about it yet.

Cabana Bay parking is now $45 for parking beyond an hour or two, unless you are staying there (Still $12 for hotel guests). I'm sure if it becomes a problem, they'll go even higher on it.

Last edited:

Cabana Bay parking is now $45 for parking beyond an hour or to, unless you are staying there (Still $12 for hotel guests). I'm sure if it becomes a problem, they'll go even higher on it.

Glad to hear it.........

Nothing worse than being a hotel guest and not being able to park in the hotel lot..........I hope they implement a hotel guest only rule for CBay.

On Friday and Sunday, you only had to wear a life jacket on the Fearless River (Not-So-Lazy River) if you were below a certain height. You did need a tube though. This could have changed though. Tubes were limited due to crowds and tubes deflating. If it's crowded, be very careful of allowing young children or poor swimmers in the Fearless River. It got very chaotic when we were there. It can have a very strong undercurrent. Parents and children are very easily separated due to the fast moving current, water jets, and waves. It is a blast though and will be great when the crowds go down next summer.

I really enjoy water parks. However, I always go as a single. A few of the rides here are multi-person tubes/rafts. Does anyone know if they will mix a single in with others to fill a raft or am I just going to have to make friends real fast and try not to look like the creepy weird old guy asking to join a group just to ride?

P.S. thanks for doing this Schumi!! You so ROCK!

Ok, so you can walk to VB from Cbay, right? How do you get there from other on-site hotels? Walk/boat to parking garage and bus out to VB?

I'm trying to figure out where to stay for our 6-night August trip. I'm considering a split stay to get both easy of getting to VB and Express Pass.

I really enjoy water parks. However, I always go as a single. A few of the rides here are multi-person tubes/rafts. Does anyone know if they will mix a single in with others to fill a raft or am I just going to have to make friends real fast and try not to look like the creepy weird old guy asking to join a group just to ride?

P.S. thanks for doing this Schumi!! You so ROCK!

They combine you. Me by myself and my son and I together would sometimes be combined with other people. It just depended.

Ok, so you can walk to VB from Cbay, right? How do you get there from other on-site hotels? Walk/boat to parking garage and bus out to VB?

I'm trying to figure out where to stay for our 6-night August trip. I'm considering a split stay to get both easy of getting to VB and Express Pass.

The other onsite hotels, including Sapphire Falls, have buses. The buses were fast and efficient. RPR and SF share a bus. It picks up every 15 minutes or less. They pick up and drop off at RPR first. I don't know why. HRH and PBH share a bus. Then there's a bus for the Citywalk garage.

Hi on twitter #Volcanobay they are reporting that you can no longer have Krakatau and another ride. It is one at a time. Associates are saying it is helping lines a little bit. Can anyone confirm this?:thanks:
This is true. They stopped allowing you to have Krakatau and an additional ride this past Wed when we were there. The team member said it is an attempt to lower the wait times for Krakatau. It was at 170 around 11. When we went back to it around 2 - after our ride- it was closed for reservations. They definitely have tweaking left to do. We only got to ride two of the family raft slides. They were fun and the location is beautiful but we were there a long time to only do two rides.

I think $12. They are located with the bathrooms/showers. They were selling out over Memorial Day weekend, but the park was also hitting capacity everyday.
They were $12 for the small lockers (size of ride lockers). They didn't run out - I think there were 3 sections- when there Wed. Will probably be harder to come by in summer or maxed capacity.
Also there are a large number of umbrellas all over. Some large enough to cover 3+ chairs and smaller for 2 chairs. Shade is also being provided by some of the palms. As the foliage matures there will be even more coverage. However as the park fills those spots will go quickly. There was a rain storm threatening which caused the rides/pools to close. This emptied the park a good amount which left lots of umbrella spots. It did not seem to open up slots at the rides though. Not sure when/how they reset the tapus. If they did this fairly quickly as guests left, the rides would open up more after the rain threat, end of the day ,etc.

I think $12. They are located with the bathrooms/showers. They were selling out over Memorial Day weekend, but the park was also hitting capacity everyday.

Yes, $12 for small, $15 for the larger. At least as of now you have to have a credit card to use them (even if the tapu is linked already).

They were $12 for the small lockers (size of ride lockers). They didn't run out - I think there were 3 sections- when there Wed. Will probably be harder to come by in summer or maxed capacity.
Also there are a large number of umbrellas all over. Some large enough to cover 3+ chairs and smaller for 2 chairs. Shade is also being provided by some of the palms. As the foliage matures there will be even more coverage. However as the park fills those spots will go quickly. There was a rain storm threatening which caused the rides/pools to close. This emptied the park a good amount which left lots of umbrella spots. It did not seem to open up slots at the rides though. Not sure when/how they reset the tapus. If they did this fairly quickly as guests left, the rides would open up more after the rain threat, end of the day ,etc.
Thank you!

A change in the last day or two, Krakatau Aqua Coaster has a single rider line, tapu tapu reservation still needed to use the single line, but you can probably get on slightly faster.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!