VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

does anyone no if you can walk to volcano bay from sapphire falls? I read Cabana Bay have there own entrance and i know your allowed to pool hop among the resorts but not sure if we can have access to Volcano bay. Thanks

For Vbay you would need a park ticket

For those staying at one of the onsite hotels, you can hop to the other hotel pools

Right, i know I need a park tix but I was reading there is a cabana bay entrance to volcano bay. Everyone else has to take a shuttle. Does this mean if I'm staying at Sapphire Falls I have to shuttle over, or can I walk over to Cabana Bay and use that entrance since I'm a Universal Resort guest?

If you are staying at Sfall, use the bus it stops at rpr first and then picks up those at Sfalls

Bus comes every 15 minutes

There is an entrance for those that walk over from Cbay

Now if the bus pulls away as you are walking to the bus stop, might as well hike it to Vbay then

Volcano Bay Park hours have changed for next weekend, was 10PM now 8PM close, they are needing the extra time to finish up work it seems. It's very unusual for parks to shrink hours this soon out, typically they extend (not shrink). 9 PM close starts on the 12th, and there's a 10PM close on the 17th, then back to 9pm until the 23rd, where its back to 10pm for the rest of the month. Keep watching this for more changes though.

https://www.universalorlando.com/we.../park-hours/index.html#universals-volcano-bay

If you are staying at Sfall, use the bus it stops at rpr first and then picks up those at Sfalls

Bus comes every 15 minutes

There is an entrance for those that walk over from Cbay

Now if the bus pulls away as you are walking to the bus stop, might as well hike it to Vbay then
thanks

Volcano Bay Park hours have changed for next weekend, was 10PM now 8PM close, they are needing the extra time to finish up work it seems. It's very unusual for parks to shrink hours this soon out, typically they extend (not shrink). 9 PM close starts on the 12th, and there's a 10PM close on the 17th, then back to 9pm until the 23rd, where its back to 10pm for the rest of the month. Keep watching this for more changes though.

https://www.universalorlando.com/we.../park-hours/index.html#universals-volcano-bay
I feel bad for the people who went during grand opening not knowing the park was not finished. we are going end of August and I will be reading all reviews, If its still unorganized I will plan my days for Studios/IOA and resort pool time.

Question about tapu band, if the ride is stating ride now no wait do you still have to tap to ride or can you be waiting for another ride and see theres no wait for something and just walk on without tapping as to not lose your place in anothet line. Like for a no wait ride so you still have to scan your band or just walk on. This could potentially save you time if your going right on a ride with no wait and your band is currently starting to wait for something else.

Also if i am taking an uber from disney to volcano bay would it make since to get dropped off at cabana bay resort entrance so no shuttle is required to get there? Is there a security guard before the main enterence to cabana bay or will an uber be able to drop you off at the resort.

Also if i am taking an uber from disney to volcano bay would it make since to get dropped off at cabana bay resort entrance so no shuttle is required to get there? Is there a security guard before the main enterence to cabana bay or will an uber be able to drop you off at the resort.
You can get dropped off at CB no problem.

Right, i know I need a park tix but I was reading there is a cabana bay entrance to volcano bay. Everyone else has to take a shuttle. Does this mean if I'm staying at Sapphire Falls I have to shuttle over, or can I walk over to Cabana Bay and use that entrance since I'm a Universal Resort guest?

You may not be allowed to take the CBBR entrance to Volcano Bay if you are not a CBBR hotel guest. I spoke to some people opening weekend that weren't allowed to use that entrance, because they weren't staying there. I don't know exactly how they got in though.

Does anyone know if I can purchase VB tickets at the Portofino? Or do you buy them when you get to the Park? Thanks

You may not be allowed to take the CBBR entrance to Volcano Bay if you are not a CBBR hotel guest. I spoke to some people opening weekend that weren't allowed to use that entrance, because they weren't staying there. I don't know exactly how they got in though.

Want to thank you soniam for clarification

Just read elsewhere the Cbay entrance is for their hotel guests only

I'll include that info also in future postings if that question comes up

Want to thank you soniam for clarification

Just read elsewhere the Cbay entrance is for their hotel guests only

I'll include that info also in future postings if that question comes up

It appears to be hit or miss though. Some people seem to be able to get in. I think it's safer to know that you may not be able to get in there though.

Does anyone know if I can purchase VB tickets at the Portofino? Or do you buy them when you get to the Park? Thanks

You can purchase any park tickets at the attractions/ticket counter at Portofino. I don't know exactly what time it opens or closes. However, it appears to open an hour before the first park opens, which right now would probably be 7am. The one at Royal Pacific opened at 7am during Memorial Day weekend. You can also order them online and then choose to pick them up at a ticket window/desk or will-call kiosk. The will-call kiosks at the parks appear to be unmanned and open as long as you can get into Citywalk. The one at Royal Pacific wasn't actually working, so you had to go through the ticket desk, which isn't open all the time.

Just back from our third visit to VB. They are still not allowing prescription glasses on krakatoa, even with securing straps. Seems odd that rip ride rocket can do it but this overglorified slip n slide can't.

Just back from our third visit to VB. They are still not allowing prescription glasses on krakatoa, even with securing straps. Seems odd that rip ride rocket can do it but this overglorified slip n slide can't.

This is probably my biggest complaint. They never made me take off my glasses off for Krakatau though. They even let me keep my shoes/flip flops on. I only had to take mine off for the large raft rides, Maku, Puihi, Honu, & Ika Moana. We didn't do any body or mat slides or the tube slides. I keep kicking the team member at the end with the raft, because I can't judge where he is:sad2:

Ralph
I am giving you a public apology for deleting your post of "thanks for the new sticky"

Man, You were fast in joining in!!!!

We were working on setting this up and were blocking out spaces so we could add more basic info here

(Looked up and saw we lost a place for us to continue and keep all info in one place )
I wanted to get all pertain info into the beginning of our introduction area

Will try to move soniam' posts of her first hand opening day experiences at Vbay

Also a few other first hand experiences

No problem, lol! :joker:

I've still got that old quick draw post in me now and again, hahaha! :duck:

Question for eyehartdisney or any other recent VB visitors: if we get there at opening (staying onsite) will we find shaded seating? Don't need anything fancy but don't want to fry!

Question for eyehartdisney or any other recent VB visitors: if we get there at opening (staying onsite) will we find shaded seating? Don't need anything fancy but don't want to fry!

Yeah, you can find shade if you get there early. But I would also recommend getting the paid for lounge chairs if you have the money for it. Lockers are 15 bucks, and your reserved lounge chairs come with one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!