VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Quick report back--

Thanks for all the advice people give out on here. I just wanted to mention that my family & I were at Universal the first week in August (Easter = packed crowds & closing for capacity early). I had way more fun then I expected at Volcano Bay :) We did two mornings (arriving at opening) and left after lunch both days. We were able to ride the Aqua coaster twice in a row with nearly no line, which was great! Definitely the marquee ride in the park.

We just grabbed chairs that had umbrellas near Puihi (there were a ton there near the reserved chairs--and we appreciated the shade), and left our towels, shoes & cover-ups. We had bought an aqua safe due to recommendations and it was awesome. Every time we went back to the chairs, we could pull out cell-phones to look at our ride photos, take photos of VB, or just look at stuff online. We didn't bother with a locker--just left our a sling bag with sunscreen & hats on the chair with the aqua safe (nothing worth stealing except in the safe).

My sons loved the fearless river and the wave pool. The first day I had to work to get them to go on more rides while there was no lines. All in all, we got on nearly every ride the first day, with some repeats, and all our favorites (with repeats) on day 2, while taking a more relaxed pace. It is a lovely park.

Advice--when looking for food, head to the back of the park. Everyone tried to buy food at the front and by 12:30 the lines were nearly an hour long at the front! We had eaten earlier with a 5 minute wait, but the back of the park doesn't get nearly as crowed.

Hi I am so happy you enjoyed VB. I am glad that all the advice given helped make your visit great! Thanks for the feedback. I was worried that crowds will still be heavy this year especially the summer when we go. I am glad you found the aqua vault awesome. I take it with us to all water parks and pools.

If you're familiar with water country in Williamsburg, can you tell me is the fearless river like hubba hubba highway at water country usa? If so, then I know where my kids will be all day. They will love it.
I've been watching some YouTube tours of VB and there's been some comments about taking the tubes away from the ride. At hubba hubba highway, you wear a life vest for that river too. It's so much fun to just let yourself float around that way.

If you're familiar with water country in Williamsburg, can you tell me is the fearless river like hubba hubba highway at water country usa? If so, then I know where my kids will be all day. They will love it.
I've been watching some YouTube tours of VB and there's been some comments about taking the tubes away from the ride. At hubba hubba highway, you wear a life vest for that river too. It's so much fun to just let yourself float around that way.

Hi I was at water country in Williamsburg a few years ago and went on hubba hubba highway. We really enjoyed it with the vests. I was at VB last summer on their fearless river with tubes and it is more intense then the one at water country. I have heard that they have taken the tubes away and now are enforcing life vests. I like the vests and am hoping that it will be just as good from when I used the tubes.

A few questions ( sorry if I missed the answers in the posts)

1. does Volcano Bay or Cabana Bay provide towels to use ?
2. Do they offer a refillable Drink cup ?
3. can you wear water shoes on slides ?

Hi Cabana bay does provide towels for their pools not specifically for Volcano Bay. You can rent more beach type style towels at Volcano Bay for $5.00 or bring your own. One day I rented the towels and another day I just dried off because it was like almost 100 degrees. LOL! The only refillable drink cup is the coke free-style but it can be used at all three parks. We do have it and used it last summer at all three.

Water shoes are tricky at Volcano Bay. I am more than sure the body slides will not allow it. The coaster I had seen people wear them and some of the family raft rides have. However, I have seen conflicting reports as well as first hand experience where that decision by attendants can change. There are a few rides that have a place for your shoes but most do not. Volcano Bay does have some sprinklers on the ground but they don't cover the whole walk way sometimes. Honestly when we were there last summer we left our shoes at our chair and went bare foot. We found this much easier to do.

Enjoy your trip!

We are going in July and have the 3 day 3 park to park pass. Been doing some research on Volcano Bay and not finding much on gluten free options at this park. I am had an easier time finding info on the pther parks and city walk. DH has a gluten sensitivity. Wonder if there are options? I guess another alternative would be to eat at one of the places at Cabana Bay if needed. Thanks

We are going in July and have the 3 day 3 park to park pass. Been doing some research on Volcano Bay and not finding much on gluten free options at this park. I am had an easier time finding info on the pther parks and city walk. DH has a gluten sensitivity. Wonder if there are options? I guess another alternative would be to eat at one of the places at Cabana Bay if needed. Thanks

I would suggest contacting Universal...they have this info posted on their site:

Send Us A Note
If you have venue-specific questions or questions that have not been answered here, you can e-mail FoodServiceCUF@universalorlando.com for dining locations within Universal’s Islands of Adventure™, Universal Studios Florida™, Universal’s Volcano Bay™, and Universal CityWalk™. Please allow 48 hours for a response. To make dining reservations or if you have any questions for a dining venue at one of our on-site hotels, please visit the concierge desks located in the lobby of each hotel or call (407) 503-DINE (3463) for more information.

Thanks for all the advice we received here! We went to Volcano Bay on 4/19 and it was wonderful, not at all crowded all morning and almost everything was either a very short wait or ride now. It started getting busier mid-afternoon but nothing horrible and my boys were happy to spend all their time in the fearless river while waiting for rides. All the food we tried was great and we loved being able to pay for everything using the tapu tapu.

Guys, a quick question.
How can we get to Volcano Bay?
We usually stay at an International Drive hotel and walk to Universal and Islands.
Can we get to Volcano from Universal's Citywalk just walking?

Probably take a bus from City Walk to the Cbay hotel would be shorter than walking from City Walk to Volcano bay

Cbay guests have a special entrance to walk to for entering Vbay but believe you need to show your hotel room key to use that close special entrance.

I have not checked the website but wonder about busses at City Walk dedicated to Vbay
It would seem logical for busses to be set up for that park.

I have visited Cbay but before Vbay was opened.
So I have zero experience on the water park.

Guys, a quick question.
We usually stay at an International Drive hotel and walk to Universal and Islands.

Hi you may have trouble getting through the Cabana Bay entrance for VB. They have checked room cards. If you drive into the Universal Garage it will direct you to the area to park your car and catch the bus to VB. If you are going in the next couple of months through the summer you would need to get to the garage at least an hour before park opening. VB has a tendency to hit capacity very early in the warm months. Last year we stayed at Cabana bay and walked right in but they did check our cards. This year we will be taking a bus from Portofino to VB.

Guys, a quick question.

Hi I am sorry I forgot that you can't walk to VB from anywhere except Cabana bay Resort. It is the location that they built the park in that is not accessible for walking. Enjoy VB we love it there!

We're going this October! @bobbie68
So we have to go to Citywalk and then walk to an Universal Hotel and get a VB bus or try to get a bus at Citywalk, right?
big thanks

The busses will be at city walk.
You don't have to go thru city walk to reach the bus area.

You don't have to go to a hotel to get the bus for Vbay.

Quicker and easier to just take the bus from City Walk.

The area will be to your left as you are walking up to City Walk for the bus area.

We're going this October! @bobbie68
So we have to go to Citywalk and then walk to an Universal Hotel and get a VB bus or try to get a bus at Citywalk, right?
big thanks

Hi I am sorry if I was confusing. If you stay at any of the on-site hotels they will provide buses to VB ( except for Adventura-I don't know what they are doing with them yet as far as VB is concerned). Any body staying off-site or coming for the day has to just park at the city walk garage the bus for VB will pick you up in that area. I have read on other sites that there are signs in the garage to help guide you. The bus will take you to VB entrance then at the end of the day you do the reverse.

October may not be as busy for hitting capacity. I probably would check back here on this thread for reports if anybody goes at that time of year. This way you can gauge what time you should be at the parking garage. I have only gone in the summer and know you have to be there super early to get in. In the summer months people were told to be at the garage about an hour to an hour and a half before opening. Park opening is usually 9:00 in the summer.

You're welcome very much!

There have been a few posters reporting their VB experience the past year. I have two days from last summer in this trip report https://www.disboards.com/threads/summer-trip-report-finally-yay.3642765/ and I will be putting up another one when I get back in July. I know there are a few other regular posters who have gone to VB and reported back so maybe you will come across theirs as well. VB is one of those parks that you kind of need a plan for the rides if it is going to be busy.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts