VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Does anyone know (or know where to find details about) what all attractions allow hats to be worn? I'm going to be visiting for the first time next week and I'm just trying to make plans regarding what head covering to bring. I burn pretty easily, so I'd love to have something on to shade my face for as much of the day as possible and I was wondering if there's any difference whether I wear a soft bucket hat versus a standard baseball cap or anything else. I'm assuming I can't wear any sort of a hat on the fast slides or the water coaster, but are there any specific restrictions for the wave pool or either of the rivers? I've tried searching the official website but I haven't had any luck so far.

Does anyone know (or know where to find details about) what all attractions allow hats to be worn? I'm going to be visiting for the first time next week and I'm just trying to make plans regarding what head covering to bring. I burn pretty easily, so I'd love to have something on to shade my face for as much of the day as possible and I was wondering if there's any difference whether I wear a soft bucket hat versus a standard baseball cap or anything else. I'm assuming I can't wear any sort of a hat on the fast slides or the water coaster, but are there any specific restrictions for the wave pool or either of the rivers? I've tried searching the official website but I haven't had any luck so far.
I have definitely worn a bucket hat with a chin strap in the wave pool and slow river. I think it would be hard to keep on in the fast moving river. I haven't tried wearing my hat on any of the others. You could wear a hat walking around and leave it near the exits of the other slides, I usually do that with flip flops as I don't like to walk barefoot.

Have reserved a lower cabana for October to celebrate a friend’s BD. Never done that before. Will I get to select an area, and if so, what is best?

How much do cabanas cost? Do you have to pre book, or can you book one on the day at the park if there are any available?

I know Disney normally closes their waterparks seasonally. Does Universal normally do that as well? Looking at a trip late next year (hoping for some normalcy to have returned by then) but kiddo wants to do water parks so trying to pick a good time to go. We aren't super into the Halloween scary stuff. October would be ok I guess but I was hoping for early November. Thank you

I know Disney normally closes their waterparks seasonally. Does Universal normally do that as well? Looking at a trip late next year (hoping for some normalcy to have returned by then) but kiddo wants to do water parks so trying to pick a good time to go. We aren't super into the Halloween scary stuff. October would be ok I guess but I was hoping for early November. Thank you

Normally Volcano Bay is open all year, but this year they're closing after October and opening somewhere around March 1st.

Heading down in early March and anxiously waiting for park hours, cabana rentals to open up, and just a general opening day!! Really hope we get go experience VB this trip.

Last edited:
Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, Hotel Express Pass benefit is not available at VB? Trying to plan a trip for the week of July 4th, which will include a split stay at one of the deluxe resort and CB.

Do you mind sharing the price.
There are two different options depending on what attractions you believe you'll use. The Express Pass PLUS allows you to use EP once on all of the VB attractions and is priced at $39.99. The regular Express Pass allows you to use EP once on select attractions and is priced at $19.99. I can't recall which attractions are excluded on the regular EP but it was mostly the more intense slides.

When the park opens up - can someone tell me the location of premium seating? I remember from last year it moved once or twice - we were there the last day the park was open and it was in to the right of the "main" entrance to the wave pool.

I'd like to know how they are handling the raft rides and water coaster. Before they combined groups to meet minimum weight. Heard they didn't do that during covid operations. Makes a difference for which AP I get since myself and DD12 probably wouldn't meet minimum if they don't combine.

I'd like to know how they are handling the raft rides and water coaster. Before they combined groups to meet minimum weight. Heard they didn't do that during covid operations. Makes a difference for which AP I get since myself and DD12 probably wouldn't meet minimum if they don't combine.

does anyone know what the minimum weight is?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter