VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Thanks! Is this pretty common? I get nervous leaving my stuff unattended. Not worried about someone stealing my flip flops, but rather a staff member moving them or something like that.

You're very welcome. :) I do see couple pairs of flip flops at the edge of the wave pool, as well as on the curbs near rides, at any given moment. I do it often at the water parks. I don't think you have to worry about a team member moving them while the park is open, as long as they are out of the general path. :)

Hi, We are going to Volcano Bay in a few weeks and we have a Cabana rented. It is the smaller cabana and not the giant family cabana. Do any of you know if we get to request a specific area? I asked when I was booking and the girl said the locations were assigned when we check in that day. I would love to be near the wave pool or in the back behind the volcano as I have read on another thread that some of the cabanas overlook the highway...not really an ideal view IMO🙅‍♀️. I am wondering if I get there super early (I think EE for that day is 7:30 am) would I be able to request a specific area...or at least request where I DON'T want to be. I was thinking to be there at 7:00am to request near the wave pool. Have any of you had success requesting a cabana location?

We also have Express Passes that day. I have read that we should save them until the afternoon when the park gets more crowded. What is a good strategy? Ride as many slides as we can early before the waits build and then start using the EP? Are the EP loaded on the Tapu Tapu? If they ARE loaded and we have to tap to enter a slide and the wait is not long or it is "Ride Now" I don't want to waste a pass by tapping it. Is there a way to make sure you ONLY use the EP on rides with a long wait or when you actually WANT to use it?

I would greatly appreciate any info y'all can give me on the above! THANKS:wave2:and

Yep, just "Ride Now" until things start having a wait time, then use EP. Last year, EP was on a plastic disposable wristband. They would mark off each ride with a permanent marker as you used it. It was very easy to decide to use it or wait. Plus, the Tapustiles are not directly next to the entrance of rides, like FP+. You can check the Tapustile. If it says there's a wait, then you can go to the entrance with your plastic EP band.

Yep, just "Ride Now" until things start having a wait time, then use EP. Last year, EP was on a plastic disposable wristband. They would mark off each ride with a permanent marker as you used it. It was very easy to decide to use it or wait. Plus, the Tapustiles are not directly next to the entrance of rides, like FP+. You can check the Tapustile. If it says there's a wait, then you can go to the entrance with your plastic EP band.

EP are now loaded onto the TapuTapu. No second band. If there is a wait time and you want to use your EP go to the front and just scan. Just remember which ones you used it on.

EP are now loaded onto the TapuTapu. No second band. If there is a wait time and you want to use your EP go to the front and just scan. Just remember which ones you used it on.

It makes more sense. Thanks for the update.

Called for pricing on premium seating and cabanas for September. Premium seating September 12, 13th, and 15th: $80.00,
September 14th $110, September 16th and 17th $70.00. Cabanas - nothing available on September 12th, September 13th $300, September 14th $475, September 15th $375, September 16th and 17th $275. I understood from the lady on the phone that premium seating and cabana locations are pre-chosen for you by the park.

Thank you for this. We'll be there the 17th and I had to go back and find my post here from last October to see how much we paid, and it was also $70.

My post said it was great, but I didn’t know if it was $85 great, (the seating and 2 towels). However, this view was kind of worth the money, in retrospect.

Attachments

• FE920482-6E39-49B1-97BC-8D2339F6DC34.jpeg
    FE920482-6E39-49B1-97BC-8D2339F6DC34.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 33
Also, these were our loungers and our food

Attachments

• A96C2E7F-33C0-4779-A0E6-C8DCB8CAF7D5.jpeg
    A96C2E7F-33C0-4779-A0E6-C8DCB8CAF7D5.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 33
  • D3D112A9-B2F3-482D-8FE4-734D84EA5329.jpeg
    D3D112A9-B2F3-482D-8FE4-734D84EA5329.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 664D47BE-D078-4729-88A0-ED4D9E4C04AE.jpeg
    664D47BE-D078-4729-88A0-ED4D9E4C04AE.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 30
  • EADBAAC7-39AC-49C4-82BA-03B99D3B5691.jpeg
    EADBAAC7-39AC-49C4-82BA-03B99D3B5691.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 32
Thoughts on the express pass for Volcano Bay? I’m planning to go on 13 September before the HHN at universal that night so will not be staying around late. Express pass isn’t much but I’m looking to save where possible because the exchange rate is terrible. I figure the express pass isn’t needed when it is cheap but wondering if it might just make the day easier??? Would love some advice from those with experience.

Thoughts on the express pass for Volcano Bay? I’m planning to go on 13 September before the HHN at universal that night so will not be staying around late. Express pass isn’t much but I’m looking to save where possible because the exchange rate is terrible. I figure the express pass isn’t needed when it is cheap but wondering if it might just make the day easier??? Would love some advice from those with experience.

It was nice to use about the middle of the afternoon when the crowds were heavier and we were tired of waiting in lines to use once on each slide before we left.

I went Monday, got to the park as it opened at 9:00 am and rode every slide once, and I did ko'okiri and the serpentine slides twice each, and was finished by 11:30 am. My longest virtual queue was 25 minutes.

Once I was done I walked around the park, air dried, and took some pics and by 12:30 the wait time was up to 150 minutes on Krakatoa and averaging around 80 minutes on everything else except ko'okiri and the serpentine slides, they were still at 'ride now' when I left at 1. They are by a wide margin my favorite rides in the park too.

So I think if you rope drop it (better yet if you have early entry) then you can do everything by noon without Express Pass. I was constantly riding or walking, it was a very efficient morning followed by a well earned lunch at Leaky Cauldron.

I went Monday, got to the park as it opened at 9:00 am and rode every slide once, and I did ko'okiri and the serpentine slides twice each, and was finished by 11:30 am. My longest virtual queue was 25 minutes.

Once I was done I walked around the park, air dried, and took some pics and by 12:30 the wait time was up to 150 minutes on Krakatoa and averaging around 80 minutes on everything else except ko'okiri and the serpentine slides, they were still at 'ride now' when I left at 1. They are by a wide margin my favorite rides in the park too.

So I think if you rope drop it (better yet if you have early entry) then you can do everything by noon without Express Pass. I was constantly riding or walking, it was a very efficient morning followed by a well earned lunch at Leaky Cauldron.
Staying at Cabana Bay so I’ll have early entry.

Staying at Cabana Bay so I’ll have early entry.

It’s your vacation, and I’m absolutely not here to tell you what to do, it’s your time, your money, and your feet. I just want to throw out there that doing a water park and HHN in the same day is quite an undertaking. It’s going to require A LOT of physical stamina. I wish you the best, good luck!

It’s your vacation, and I’m absolutely not here to tell you what to do, it’s your time, your money, and your feet. I just want to throw out there that doing a water park and HHN in the same day is quite an undertaking. It’s going to require A LOT of physical stamina. I wish you the best, good luck!
Yeah. No choice if I want to do both. I’ve been worried about that but never done either and unlikely to make it back to Orlando for a few years. I’ve got the BOGO offer for HHN so can go 2 nights which will both help (can leave a bit early both nights) and possibly make it harder (a lot in a row). I’m planning a nap on a nice lounger in Volcano Bay after lunch 😀

So, do the crowds generally lessen in the evenings ?
We are flying in mid afternoon... Know my son would like to go for a few hours later afternoon/evening time.

Follow up... This is what we ended up doing (not arrival day as cancelled flight got us in later )and it worked really well.. get to VB around 5pm and the wait times would keep dropping until most were 'Ride Now' for last couple hours (besides Aquacoaster, but put that on the Taputapu).
Also nice when sun went down.

Great time besides nearly drowning in the blue drop slide... There is a lot of water in the tube combined with the turns..I was seriously concerned.

Can anyone help answer a question about EP at VB. We are staying in Hard Rock Hotel so will have the unlimited EP, is this accepted at VB and if so is it automatically added to the Tabutapu or do we have to carry a room key with us too?

Can anyone help answer a question about EP at VB. We are staying in Hard Rock Hotel so will have the unlimited EP, is this accepted at VB and if so is it automatically added to the Tabutapu or do we have to carry a room key with us too?

I’m sorry, VB is separate, you don’t get EP with your hotel key like the other parks.

Yeah. No choice if I want to do both. I’ve been worried about that but never done either and unlikely to make it back to Orlando for a few years. I’ve got the BOGO offer for HHN so can go 2 nights which will both help (can leave a bit early both nights) and possibly make it harder (a lot in a row). I’m planning a nap on a nice lounger in Volcano Bay after lunch 😀

My son and I did VB and HHN in one day last year. I think we even did the RIP Tour that night. We hit VB for early entry and left in the early afternoon. Since we were doing an RIP tour, we didn't have to do Stay & Scream, so that gave us a little more time to relax in bed at the hotel. Since you only have 2 nights, you can sleep when you get home :rolleyes: We didn't stay until closing at HHN on subsequent nights. Bring some pain reliever for your feet. They probably won't bother you until the next day anyway.

We’ll be going to VB for the first time in a few weeks. I have a few questions.
1. I was looking to purchase water socks to use at the park. Are these allowed on any of the slides? Keep in mind that I won’t be doing any of the extreme slides (i.e. the ones with the trap doors).
2. I like to wear a baseball cap to keep the sun off my face. Will this have to be removed on rides?
3. I wear glasses and have been able to keep them on in other water parks. I do use a strap for them, just in case. Can I leave them on at Volcano Bay?
4. Last one, I promise. How handy are the lockers? I’ll be honest. At Typhoon Lagoon, we would leave our bags at our chairs and they were never touched. We took minimal cash, but we did have cell phones there and they were never taken. My sister is with our stuff more since she doesn’t do slides, but she would go into the wave pool a bit. I’m not interested in Premium Seating either.

We will be there the first week of Feb, will this park be open? Is it too cold to go then?

Thinking to go next Monday, September 16, the morning after HHN if we are not too exhausted. Staying at Aventura so will be convenient. Do you think on a Monday we can do everything by midday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!