Vomiting at WDW

My DS has thrown up at CRT on two different trips. I felt horrible. The first time, in 2009, it was at the elevator. I'm sure they had to close it for cleaning, as it was right where the elevator opens, so it was in the dining room as well. He was 5. This was our first trip, and the heat really got to him, even though it was only April.

A little over 2 years later, when he was 8, he threw up in the dining room of CRT. I will never forget the woman sitting next to us. Her family was eating, she placed her hands up to block her daughter's eyes, who was maybe 5-8 years old, so she wouldn't have to see it while she was eating. It was awful. Before he got sick, we had walked to the restroom like 6 times and he never got sick.

After that happened, the manager came over, and we experienced that Disney magic that you never forget. She asked what size clothes my son wore, so they could get him an outfit. She the said she was giving us my DS and DH credits back, since they were not staying for the meal (which gave us 4 credits so we were able to try Coral Reef the next day). After we had just made a huge mess in the resturant this was the last thing we expected. I still remember her name and city and this was in 2012. I remember when we first went to BOG in 2014 and I spotted her as a manager there. I was excited for her that they moved her to the new BOG.

When DS and DH left CRT it was around 8pm as we had one of the last reservations before MNSSHP, which meant when they left CRT, the hub was packed with people sitting on the ground, waiting for the fireworks. Luckily DS did not throw up on anyone on the way out.

We later learned DS has reflex and can get affected by the heat. We have learned to make sure have reflux medicine and take breaks when we need to. We still have not have returned to CRT.

My DS has thrown up at CRT on two different trips. I felt horrible. The first time, in 2009, it was at the elevator. I'm sure they had to close it for cleaning, as it was right where the elevator opens, so it was in the dining room as well. He was 5. This was our first trip, and the heat really got to him, even though it was only April.

A little over 2 years later, when he was 8, he threw up in the dining room of CRT. I will never forget the woman sitting next to us. Her family was eating, she placed her hands up to block her daughter's eyes, who was maybe 5-8 years old, so she wouldn't have to see it while she was eating. It was awful. Before he got sick, we had walked to the restroom like 6 times and he never got sick.

After that happened, the manager came over, and we experienced that Disney magic that you never forget. She asked what size clothes my son wore, so they could get him an outfit. She the said she was giving us my DS and DH credits back, since they were not staying for the meal (which gave us 4 credits so we were able to try Coral Reef the next day). After we had just made a huge mess in the resturant this was the last thing we expected. I still remember her name and city and this was in 2012. I remember when we first went to BOG in 2014 and I spotted her as a manager there. I was excited for her that they moved her to the new BOG.

When DS and DH left CRT it was around 8pm as we had one of the last reservations before MNSSHP, which meant when they left CRT, the hub was packed with people sitting on the ground, waiting for the fireworks. Luckily DS did not throw up on anyone on the way out.

We later learned DS has reflex and can get affected by the heat. We have learned to make sure have reflux medicine and take breaks when we need to. We still have not have returned to CRT.

I am so happy you posted this! My toddler and I both have reflux but never knew that the heat is known to aggravate it. Looking back though, it fits and I can't believe I haven't realized that correlation before! Sure it acts up at other times too, but the vomiting almost always happens when we are in the heat. Doctors actually took my son off his medicine this past winter because he was doing really well, but about 2 months ago he started having flare ups again, the first one being on a scorcher of a day.

Thank you for sharing your story!

We have 2 stories...one for each child.

In 2015 we won a trip with a local morning show. There were events daily and 2 show tapings to attend while there. A day and half before we were to leave a note came home from DD's school that there was Gastro outbreak in her room and they were disinfecting the room. Needless to say we kept her home from school the next day and hoped against hope she hadn't picked it up. Our first night at AKL she was up at 4 am puking. She spent most of the morning in bed but was a little trooper. After 3 trips to the gift shop and some googling we figured out that in the States Gravol is called Dramamine. Who knew! We loaded her up and she powered through the day but the next 4 we were all afraid to eat or drink much and kept watching to see if we would be the next patient.

The following year my DS seemed a little out of sorts when we arrived at 1900 Park Fare for dinner. He didn't eat a bite and had very little juice. We decided to grab a cab back to the resort and as we were heading out the front door my DD pointed at him in the stroller and yelled - he's going to puke! I grabbed him out of the stroller and there we were....him hanging over my arms puking in the beautiful flower garden at the Grand Floridian. So fancy we are! Luckily for us it was rainy and there were little towels there and we grabbed a few to wipe him up and take for the cab ride home to POR.

We are hoping it isn't a new tradition and hope to be vomit free this year!

I'm SO sorry this happened but I'm impressed with your positive attitude!! I admit the weeks leading up to our holiday each year we are all taking Emergen-C tablets like mad in the attempt to ward off any stomach bugs.....it's our biggest fear each year! We did Cancun several years ago and 4/6 of us had upper respiratory infections and it stunk.

We were standing in the FP line for Tower of Terror, my littlest daughter LG who had been unusually quiet all morning suddenly vomited. We notified a CM and they let us out into the gift shop area, the CM told us if we still wanted to ride she would let us back in to use our FP. My husband who did not want to ride TOT saw this the perfect opportunity to skip out on riding, told us to go back and ride and he would wait with LG. LG was not having it, after she had a drink of water she insisted on riding and my poor husband was no match for her puppy dog eyes. To this day TOT is her favorite ride!

We have had a couple instances of leaving our mark on the world....
Last December 30, I do apologize if you were in Animal Kingdom in the restroom by Pochahontas OR the one by Nemo show.....:crazy2::o:(. I vomited so so many times. Ohhhhhh. I honestly don't know what it was except maybe the jungle juice at Tusker House didn't set right with me. My two girls ages 12 & 7 were so sweet and helpful for me. I truly thought about skipping the rest of our trip but the change fees in flights convinced me to stick it out! I was fine the next morning & we spent New Year's Eve at MK and New Years Day at Epcot. I'm not sure I'll ever drink that juice again!!
My youngest daughter peed her way thru those two days. Unknown to us she left a puddle at the AOA front desk on New Years Eve while I was paying the room charges :hyper2:.... we found out when we got back to the room to find soaked pants and shoes. The staff sent us some pixie dust gifts to the room. They had found the puddle when we left and I was oblivious!! :worship: The very next day she left her mark in Epcot mouse gears gift shop :sad2:. The CM offered to find underwear for her as we had already checked all luggage that morning to fly out. We now say crocs are for the last day as We could rinse those out!!!
Glad we arent the only ones cause we were mortified!

My twins get randomly motion sick. No rhyme or reason to it. No consistency in what makes them sick, though one get sick more often than the other. As a result I now travel with hospital grade vomit bags and zipper style ziplocks where ever we go. I fully plan on having a set of two in my back pack for our next Disney trip. They also know that the second one gets sick, the other closes his eyes and pinches his nose shut. The identical twin sympathetic vomiting vibe is no fun.

That said, we have gotten lucky and they have NOT gotten sick at Disney yet, despite all the rides, which is why I know we are in for it good next trip.

My youngest granddaughter has now been to Disney World 3 times. Each time she is fine on the trip down (10 hour drive) and great while we are there. However, it never fails that she will be throwing up on the way home somewhere between the Florida/Alabama line. We have had to stop clean the car and change her clothes 5 times on one trip. We carry a container with us now for this. We have a trip scheduled for the end of January and beginning of February and will go prepared for a repeat performance. We have named it her "I Don't Want Leave Disney" virus as we travel a good bit and she does not suffer this ailment on other trips.

When I was there 5 plus years ago my poor friend who was traveling with us got super sick in the elevator. What made it worse for her, poor thing, was she had taken my daughter,3 at the time, with her to return our rented stroller,to the front desk. It was like a scene from a movie...or so,she says. She got sick right as the doors were opening for them to get back out on our floor and my daughter walked off and my friend was unable to catch her before the doors closed. I felt soooo bad. Fortunatly my daughter stayed in one spot and all was ok and my friend was better for the flight home the next morning. My daughter however puked on the final leg of our flight. We had shoved her blankie in a big plastic bag and left it on the plane. Thank goodness a flight attendant noticed. The blankie was hand made and not replaceable. My daughter still remembers when "Alice" puked on the elevator.

My DD threw up after Test Track on our first trip when she was 4.5. As soon as DH and her walked off the ride and I saw her face I knew. I hurried her over to the side in the landscaping and she threw up. I covered it all up with mulch and we were on our way.

On our trip 2 yrs ago my 9 yr old DS got a fever when we were at Animal Kingdom. He and I ended up driving back to the resort and leaving DH and DD to stay and finish the day and take the bus back later. As soon as I got him in our room he said he had to throw up and started running towards the bathroom but didn't make it. He puked all over the carpet just inches from the tile! UGH! It was awful. I was so embarrassed to call someone to deal with it so I cleaned it up with a washrag. Just kept scooping and dumping in the toliet then rinsing the cloth in the sink. It took forever because it was so much! Then I scrubbed the carpet with the same rag and some soap but it still smelled so bad. I finally ended up calling someone to come in later to work their magic but it still smelled terrible all week! I felt really terrible about it. :(

Ugh, this thread is killing me! I'm emetophobic to begin with and I would be so upset if anything happened to make us miss out on parts of our trip. We've had it planned for over a year already.

One our first visit we were in AK somewhere by the rafting rides. I hear a Mom ask her child "Do you feel a little less puketastic now?" and it took all of me not to bust out laughing. That term made it into my vocabulary then and is still there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!