VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

And this right here is why we decided to go against our practical natures and join DVC, as well as go nuts and splurge on MVMCP when we go this December (thanks for all the input on it by the way!). We came to the sudden realization that our children will begin leaving our nest sooner than we would like to think. Judging by how fast the past 8 years have gone by, I can only imagine how fast the next will go. There are no guarantees in life, so we might as well live the life that makes us happy. And Disney World makes us VERY happy!
Well said. Luv and I met later in life and did so through Disney. Sure, buying into DVC is a bit of an extravagance, but it's one of the things that enriches our story together. Some people buy PSLs for thousands of dollars then have to buy season tickets. Others go to a particular band's concerts every time they can. Some buy a boat, or become qualified divers, or go to the beach every year. Whatever brings you happiness in this short merry-go-round we call life.

Wow, we are quite the philosophical bunch here these days! And everyone is so right about making time with our loved ones count. I can say that DVC was also part of that thinking for us as we bought when my girls were 12 & 10 years old. Those annual trips during their teen years are still being talked about today when we get together. And as I walked my daughter down the aisle during her wedding a couple of weeks ago, it was a constant thought about how quickly life goes by.

I think everyone here knows how to "stop and smell the roses" and cherish our loved ones. But it never hurts to remind ourselves of that during our busy lives.

So...I look forward to smelling some roses with my Groupie friends in just a few short weeks! :rose:

We too have a senior this year. We have senior night next Friday. DD is the mascot at our school. This is DD #2 of 3. The toilet paper roll is is about half finished for us. Thanks for the reminder about cherishing the moments. DD wants the whole family to participate in the wild Africa trek that she wants as sort of a graduation present on our spring break trip. I'm kind of choking on spending $700 on a 3 hour tour for the four of us. I'll just try to focus on the memories that we are creating! :teeth: After all, DD tried to smooth it over by saying "Well it also includes our lunch!" Said like a true teenager that has no idea of the value of a dollar. :rolleyes:

Headed to a car show with DH today. Kind of "work" thing for him. Wish it was the Magic Kingdom instead! Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

Hi All. It’s been a while since I have posted, but to go along with the theme of the recent posts about how short life truly is, I thought I would finally let you know my precious brother lost his courageous battle earlier this month.

He was only 63, but he lived a great life and was able to see and feel how much he was loved by the number of family and friends who visited during his hospitalization and hospice stay. We were actually told by the hospice staff no one has ever received the number of visitors as he did.

My husbands sister died at the age of 46, and we have always known how precious and short life is. With the loss of my brother we have once again come to the realization that our time on this earth is not guaranteed and so we must live each day to its fullest.

I thank you all for your prayers and kind words.

C

Said like a true teenager that has no idea of the value of a dollar. :rolleyes:
Interesting story about that. My DH decided to pay our son to go to school. He is 6 and just started Kinder in August. Even though he has gone to some sort of school since he was 2.5 yrs, he was having a rough time (and he goes to school with me), so this was the solution my DH presented - without asking me first, but I digress. One if the positive things to come out if it, is my son is learning the value of a dollar. We don’t buy him toys or games or any of that kind of stuff anymore. He has to use his own money. So he has to figure out what is worth it and what he wants most. I’m still not 100% on board but it’s been interesting to see his sense of finance develop!

Hi All. It’s been a while since I have posted, but to go along with the theme of the recent posts about how short life truly is, I thought I would finally let you know my precious brother lost his courageous battle earlier this month.
I am so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family.

Corrine - I'm very sorry for your loss. :hug:

We too have a senior this year. We have senior night next Friday. DD is the mascot at our school. This is DD #2 of 3. The toilet paper roll is is about half finished for us. Thanks for the reminder about cherishing the moments. DD wants the whole family to participate in the wild Africa trek that she wants as sort of a graduation present on our spring break trip. I'm kind of choking on spending $700 on a 3 hour tour for the four of us. I'll just try to focus on the memories that we are creating! :teeth: After all, DD tried to smooth it over by saying "Well it also includes our lunch!" Said like a true teenager that has no idea of the value of a dollar. :rolleyes:

Headed to a car show with DH today. Kind of "work" thing for him. Wish it was the Magic Kingdom instead! Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

If it makes you feel any better it's a fantastic tour! Easy for me to say though. I did it as a solo to save $$. :laughing:

Someone asked not long ago about a firepit & marshmallow roasting at VWL. Can't rememeber who but I can report there is definitely a firepit & I saw remnants of sticks with marshmallows in it.

Ok so I went to GP today. So happy to see the Bison back! I will admit it's not as bad as I was anticipating. There are lots of trees & landscaping. The pool I still don't love. The stupid boulders are an eye sore in my opinion but there is lots of landscaping (low) around it. I still miss the trees on the lake side & the nature path but it's not horrible.

Meeting some friends at Jellyrolls tonight. Keep good thoughts for me. I get into trouble there. :laughing:

Last edited:
He was only 63, but he lived a great life and was able to see and feel how much he was loved by the number of family and friends who visited during his hospitalization and hospice stay. We were actually told by the hospice staff no one has ever received the number of visitors as he did.

Corinne, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like he was beloved to many.

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers. We had a major test for a bad bacteria and it came back negative today so that was good news. He is also off all blood pressure meds. They are going to try and lower the sedation meds and wean him off the breathing machine.
Thank God Kathy.....continued prayers!

Wow, we are quite the philosophical bunch here these days! And everyone is so right about making time with our loved ones count
And the beauty of this thread is we can share our thoughts, our prayers, our ups and downs, and do so with out judgement or remorse. A safe haven in a world of being an easy target, thats our groupies. And I am thankful for each and every one of you, whether I have had the opportunity to meet you or still know only know you as a cyber friend, every once in awhile I need to remind myself what you folks mean to me! So therefore, I need to say thank you, each and everyone, for being a friend, heck, a family for that matter, to me.
I don't say it enough, but you folks are the best!!

Since it seems that IT is unwilling to help, I would suggest to complain to guest services about it. The only way this will change is if enough people complain. I can see the reason for this in the potential abuse by local AP holders. They could book a hotel room for every Saturday, make their FP+ 60 days before and then cancel at the last minute, but keep their FP+. However, otherwise you are indeed penalised by Disney for being a loyal customer with an AP and multiple trips. Also, remember that once you used all three FP from Nov 7, you can make an additional day's worth of FP. This will still put you before the 30 day mark. Unless you want those really hard to get FPs for every day, you should be fine with prioritising those days which have hard to get FP now and do the other two days once they become bookable.

Yes Flossbolna, I did contact to Guest Services and DVC to express my feelings on this issue. Only DVC called me back. They mentioned I could make more FP's after the Nov 7th ones were completed but this does NOTHING to help me coordinate my vacation plans with my good friends coming down from PA. They already made all their FP's on Oct 10th and I am sure we will not be able to coordinate attractions and times with them 30 days later. So they are going to do their own thing on a couple days. Kinda sad how this MDE can put a wedge in the plans of friends and family.

The FP limit, as a local and PAP holder is very "limiting" for sure since we tend to visit often! LOL As an example, my husband and I are making a trip to WDW tomorrow (want to meet up with Julie "horselover").....but the option of doing a few rides/attractions with FP would be nice too. NOPE. I am at my 7 day limit due to our 2 day visit in Nov and our 5 days in Dec. So no Fast Passes are allowed for us! The guest doing the 10 or 14 day vacation with all days in a row gets the advantage there.

The DVC rep who called me did not seem very sympathetic to my side of this. He said it's been brought up before but he'll present it at the next meeting. So whatever.....just one of those unfair Disney rules. But as a family, due to the fact we can't get FP's for our entire Dec trip has made us decide to do Sea World. We paid premium points for a weekend day at BLT but are not allowed FP's due to 7 day limit. So Sea World will get our business for the day. Love Disney but don't love this policy. Just accepting and moving on and will not book DVC or any Disney hotel if I am at my 7 day limit in the future.

Last edited:
As for the dog policy. My concern is will I hear barking when I'm trying to sleep? Where are guests walking their dogs? Will their be a designated area for "toileting"? I am a huge pet lover. Have 2 dogs and 1 cat (we just lost one of our cats a couple weeks ago). But not sure I want to be in a room near someone with a yapping chihuahua? So I am torn until I see how this goes.................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!