VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

As for the dog policy. My concern is will I hear barking when I'm trying to sleep? Where are guests walking their dogs? Will their be a designated area for "toileting"? I am a huge pet lover. Have 2 dogs and 1 cat (we just lost one of our cats a couple weeks ago). But not sure I want to be in a room near someone with a yapping chihuahua? So I am torn until I see how this goes.................

I know exactly what you mean. I am a huge dog lover - figuratively and literally. I have three dogs 104, 130 and 174 pounds. Our smallest is a Grt Prynees/Lab mix (the other two are purebred newfoundlands) and man oh man is he a barker. He barks at EVERYTHING. The FB notification chime sounded on my phone on Friday and he jumped up, started barking and ran to the front door. Continued barking and ran to the front window. I laugh about it - but he is my dog and I love him dearly. It wouldn't be so cute or funny if I took him to Disney with us and he annoyed people who do not love and adore him like I do.

Can one be staying at any Disney hotel or does it have to be a DVC resort in order to get the priority booking for Moonlight Madness at Epcot for Dec 11? My friends can't find a studio or 1 bedroom anywhere.....for months......but cash rooms available. Just wondering if anyone knows if this will gain them access to the Oct 24 reservation booking window?

I have what is probably a ridiculous question, but I trust that you won't judge me. Or make fun of me too much, at least. So, tell me about parking! As you know I am a DVC rookie. We are driving to Florida in December so will have our car with us when we do our resort Christmas decorations tour. We are staying at Saratoga Springs and were thinking it would be easier to drive our car than dealing with the buses. Our general plan is to head to the monorail loop first. Where to park there? Where are we even allowed to park? Can we just roll up and park at other resorts? Can we just park at Transportation Center and ride the monorail to all the resorts? After that we will head to our beloved Lodge, probably just drive the car over there. Then, should time permit, drive over to the Epcot resorts. I have no idea where to even attempt parking over there. What are the rules with parking at other resorts when you just want to check out their decorations or walk around? Or should we just ditch the car and stick to transportation? Thank you veterans, for taking the time to guide us!

I have what is probably a ridiculous question, but I trust that you won't judge me. Or make fun of me too much, at least. So, tell me about parking! As you know I am a DVC rookie. We are driving to Florida in December so will have our car with us when we do our resort Christmas decorations tour. We are staying at Saratoga Springs and were thinking it would be easier to drive our car than dealing with the buses. Our general plan is to head to the monorail loop first. Where to park there? Where are we even allowed to park? Can we just roll up and park at other resorts? Can we just park at Transportation Center and ride the monorail to all the resorts? After that we will head to our beloved Lodge, probably just drive the car over there. Then, should time permit, drive over to the Epcot resorts. I have no idea where to even attempt parking over there. What are the rules with parking at other resorts when you just want to check out their decorations or walk around? Or should we just ditch the car and stick to transportation? Thank you veterans, for taking the time to guide us!
Hi Nikki....
You can park at the TTC and take monorail or ferry over. If you are staying at VWL, you probably would prefer to opt for the water launch to the MK. From there, you can catch the monorail to Epcot and go back and forth between the two parks this way. It does make a pit-stop at the TTC going from MK....then you disembark that monorail....walk down to the other monorail adjacent and catch that to Epcot. It is VERY difficult to park at Y&B without dining ADR's. Some times of the year are easier than others. But you risk being turned away most from Y&B, Contemporary and sometimes Boardwalk. Boardwalk has no self-parking and you must valet----so pricey. For the holidays, we've found self-parking at either the Poly or GF is the easier....then monorail loop around to all the monorail resorts. Don't miss the gingerbread house at the GF. So the rules are generally if you are not a guest or have ADR's at a resort you may be turned away but it's worth a try. Last year we self-parked at the GF (that lot is a 5 min walk in to the resort) and then took the "resort" monorail around the hotels.

We're a very non judgemental group - no worries. Besides, eventually, we all try the various methods to see what works.
I have a similar issue this coming December where I'll be way out on the African savanna, not exactly convenient to the monorail loop or the Lodge for resort hopping. I do think I'll stick with the Disney buses though, take it to the MK, walk to the monorail and hop around before heading over to the Lodge. This way I don't have to worry about returning to a car parked in a sea of cars and at the end of the evening I'm free to relax and grab a drink at one of the resorts if I want without concern (other than turning a lovely shade of pink).

For SSR we found the internal bus loop to be a bit annoying, but you get accustomed to it. I liked being the first stop for drop off/pickup so we'd have a seat and minimal wait. If you're interested, I want to say that is the Grandstand area, but ask the SSR thread folks.

Can one be staying at any Disney hotel or does it have to be a DVC resort in order to get the priority booking for Moonlight Madness at Epcot for Dec 11? My friends can't find a studio or 1 bedroom anywhere.....for months......but cash rooms available. Just wondering if anyone knows if this will gain them access to the Oct 24 reservation booking window?

I believe that will work Maria. Originally when they announced it in an email it said for those staying on DVC reservations I believe but it was changed on the website later to any Disney resort so it seemed to be intentional.

Nikki G
No question is silly, unless you don't ask :-) If you are willing to make a ressie at one of the monorail resort restaurants, thats a good way to self park, eat then catch the monorail. I find Poly or Contemporary a bit easier to do this than GF, not sure why. Or park at TTC, then monorail, though this can take a bit more time. One last idea, park at WL, grab a bite at Geyser Pt then head out on the boat to Contemporary to start your trek. From that point, get off monorail at MK, then catch bus to BW, BC or Y&B. Then bus back to MK, and monorail to which resort you parked at.

Another option, ditch the car, bus from SSR to MK, walk to Contemporary, maybe 10 min walk(believe me, its faster than backtracking to the Monorail, waiting, etc.)catch all the resorts, make a full loop to Contemp, boat to WL, boat back to MK, catch bus to either Epcot resort, then bus to DS and walk or boat back to SSR.

Either way it will be a full day. Personally, doing something like this, I like having my car at my disposal, as you can move a little quicker.

I know exactly what you mean. I am a huge dog lover - figuratively and literally. I have three dogs 104, 130 and 174 pounds. Our smallest is a Grt Prynees/Lab mix (the other two are purebred newfoundlands) and man oh man is he a barker. He barks at EVERYTHING. The FB notification chime sounded on my phone on Friday and he jumped up, started barking and ran to the front door. Continued barking and ran to the front window. I laugh about it - but he is my dog and I love him dearly. It wouldn't be so cute or funny if I took him to Disney with us and he annoyed people who do not love and adore him like I do.

Ahh a girl after my own heart! I love dogs and the bigger the better. Though I don't know that I would want 3 at once. I always wanted a leonberger, another giant dog breed. Our 'Tillie' is 15 yrs old. She was a rescue pup. Mom was a golden retriever, Dad was a fence jumper. I expected a nice big even tempered golden, we got a high strung primitive brain golden-chow mix :scared:. She looks like a golden even the webbed feet, she's just the size of a chow. Right around 50 pounds. But she's ours and we love her.

I was 'in line' at seconds after 9:00. At 9:15 the page bombed due to 'Internal Error'. I recd the invitation in my email shortly after 9:00 and used the link provided in my 2nd attempt. I was 'in line' at 9:16 and was finished and signed-up at 9:38.

I was 'in line' at seconds after 9:00. At 9:15 the page bombed due to 'Internal Error'. I recd the invitation in my email shortly after 9:00 and used the link provided in my 2nd attempt. I was 'in line' at 9:16 and was finished and signed-up at 9:38.

Glad you got in. I was "on hold" for 15 minutes and the page said "DO NOT REFRESH YOUR BROWSER" so I didn't. It just kept spinning. Finally, Mrs Granny got on her laptop and got right in about 9:30. So we are booked for the 11th...see you there!

Ahh a girl after my own heart! I love dogs and the bigger the better. Though I don't know that I would want 3 at once. I always wanted a leonberger, another giant dog breed. Our 'Tillie' is 15 yrs old. She was a rescue pup. Mom was a golden retriever, Dad was a fence jumper. I expected a nice big even tempered golden, we got a high strung primitive brain golden-chow mix :scared:. She looks like a golden even the webbed feet, she's just the size of a chow. Right around 50 pounds. But she's ours and we love her.

I am ready for a 4th - I want another Newfie

I was in a seminar and signed on from my phone right at 9:00. I got the same error as Di, and despite it saying not to refresh the page, I did (I’m a rebel). Anyway, we are confirmed for the 11th. I just hope we can stay awake.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words of support. They are very much appreciated.:grouphug:

My group is in for the 4th Moonlight Magic! I can hardly believe I have signed up for something that begins at 10PM!

So excited for our April trip. I can't believe we will have a two bedroom. I can't seem to find the room layout for VWL. I see the CCV at the beginning of this thread but can't seem to find our??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much Kat!!! Has anybody ever stayed in one of those weird shaped two bedrooms that kind of jut around maybe the staircase? 4519 & 4528 3519 and 3528? Wonder what the layout is like? I feel like I have seen you talk about them being goo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter