VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

OK Groupies, as some may recall, in March I made the plunge and left my employer of 10 years. After the first few months I began to realize the new company/role was not all I had hoped it would be. I gave it a few more months, but after much deliberation, I decided to resign. I do not have another job lined up, and while I vacillate between feelings of sheer joy and terror, I do believe this will be a (hopefully short) period where I can really focus on my next move.

Wishing you lots of Pixie Dust in finding the right spot for yourself Corinne! pixiedust:

OK Groupies, as some may recall, in March I made the plunge and left my employer of 10 years. After the first few months I began to realize the new company/role was not all I had hoped it would be. I gave it a few more months, but after much deliberation, I decided to resign. I do not have another job lined up, and while I vacillate between feelings of sheer joy and terror, I do believe this will be a (hopefully short) period where I can really focus on my next move.

Corinne...so sorry to hear that the new job wasn't what you had hoped for. And here's a ton of Moose Dust and a Moose Dust Dance just for your job search:

Moose Dance.gif

I have great faith that the right opportunity will come your way

Hi Groupies!! I've been away for quite some time, but very glad to see all the familiar faces!

I have an upcoming trip in late October, where I have a one night in BLT (YAY! I added an extra Disney day and I've never stayed here!), then I go to the Lodge for 5 nights, then 2 nights at Beach Club (no idea how I scored this).

So, are there any room requests I should do at BLT or BCV? I have a lake view room at BLT. TIA!

Hi Groupies!! I've been away for quite some time, but very glad to see all the familiar faces!

I have an upcoming trip in late October, where I have a one night in BLT (YAY! I added an extra Disney day and I've never stayed here!), then I go to the Lodge for 5 nights, then 2 nights at Beach Club (no idea how I scored this).

So, are there any room requests I should do at BLT or BCV? I have a lake view room at BLT. TIA!

Nice way to enjoy a few different areas!

For BLT I think high floor is by far the most important. Even number rooms would put you on the outside of the C and odd would put you on the inside overlooking the pool in some way. I've always requested the even numbered rooms - just like to look out from the resort.

BCV - don't really have anything that has stood out to me for room requests. It's the one resorts that I kind of like close to the elevators. There are 2 areas that would place you in - one is closer to the parking lot and the other is closer to the main BC building. High floor there too.

For BLT I think high floor is by far the most important. Even number rooms would put you on the outside of the C and odd would put you on the inside overlooking the pool in some way. I've always requested the even numbered rooms - just like to look out from the resort.

BCV - don't really have anything that has stood out to me for room requests. It's the one resorts that I kind of like close to the elevators. There are 2 areas that would place you in - one is closer to the parking lot and the other is closer to the main BC building. High floor there too.

Thank you so much! Yes, I’m super excited about the two I’ve never been to before!

I think Kathy sums it up very nicely here. For BLT, we request high floor only for Lake View. We've gotten "inside" the "C" with beautiful views of Bay Lake, and we've also enjoyed the "outside" of the "C" a couple of times viewing Space Mountain or the other end viewing the marina with Wilderness Lodge in the distance. Hard to go wrong there, especially for just one night.

BCV really doesn't have much in the way of views. Some like to overlook the pool to avoid road noise on the other side. For me, BCV is all about proximity to EPCOT (awesome for the F&W Festival) and Stormalong Bay pool.

Sounds like a great trip! Enjoy your planning! :)

Crabby...I don't think you told us what room type reservation you were planning for BWV? Standard view can be tough to get at any time of the year at the 7 month mark. Jimmy's recommendation of near the tennis courts is typically a request for a Standard View room. Likewise, Boardwalk View rooms can be hard to get at 7 months as well, and for that many people like to be on a higher level, far from the elevators to improve their view of Illuminations. The third bookable room type is Pool/Garden view. With that view you get either the canal, the main pool, or the quiet pool. Since you mentioned getting a villa with a view of the main pool, I assumed you were looking at a Pool/Garden view which is the easiest to get a 7 months. If so, the quiet pool view is down the hallways closer to DHS and provides that easy access to the DHS walking path or the path on the first floor that goes over to the bus stop. Good luck with your planning!

Granny is correct about the Standard vs. Garden/pool view. When we book standard we ask for near tennis courts and we get near the end of hall facing the parking lot/canal. Once we had a quiet pool/garden view and we asked for near tennis courts and it got us same end of bldg but facing inward towards the quiet pool. We like this area as mentioned, gets us basically halfway between HS and Epcot.

Good luck Corinne. All this means is that the perfect opportunity is still out there waiting for you to find it. Enjoy your down time.

Thank you Granny, Starwind, Tricia, Jimmy & Jen! I appreciate your taking time to post your kind words, and sending moose dust more than words can say! :grouphug:

Corinne, so sorry it did not work out for you, but kudos for giving it a chance. As the others have said, all sorts of dust, pixie and moose, and prayers that your dream job is just around the corner. Hang in there!

Granny Yes all that’s available now at BWV is Pool View and I still have a week until the 7 month window opens up for me. If it’s still available, I will request quiet pool near the tennis courts, if they’ll let me do that. ( Unless I decide to torture my DW with a view of the clown)

Corinne, so sorry it did not work out for you, but kudos for giving it a chance. As the others have said, all sorts of dust, pixie and moose, and prayers that your dream job is just around the corner. Hang in there!

Thank you very much Kathy!

It is so important for your physical and mental health to be at a job you love. I give you credit for leaving. I am sure you will find some you love soon.

It is so important for your physical and mental health to be at a job you love. I give you credit for leaving. I am sure you will find some you love soon.

It really is Lakegirl! Thank you, I hope I find the right place soon!

I agree, I always request an upper floor pool view at BCV, and have usually gotten this request. We are headed there in 3 weeks. :goodvibes For some reason I requested an upper floor closer to the main lobby, so we shall see, I may be facing the street!

Happy Weekend, Groupies! I survived a week of school. Only 167 more school days to go! Having worked in public schools for seven years, the last three FT, I was well aware of the tremendous amount of time and energy teachers put into their jobs. The past week only solidified my views. And that's one reason I've been largely missing from the thread. To counter that, here are a few more pics of our June trip to DL.

Perhaps the best sweet tooth item in the Disney 'verse! Raspberry macaron at Jolly Holiday.
Rasp%20macaron_zpsf9rqqtlb.jpg

And who can go without having a Mickey bar! Literally, five seconds later, half of this fell on the ground. . .
Mickey%20bar_zpsxbb2ruuo.jpg

Ahhh, the lovely teacups, set outdoors under shady trees for the queue. You can do this in CA--I think the colors really pop.
Teacups_zpsp7ttlvfc.jpg

Bolognese from Wine Country Trattoria
Trattoria%202_zpsnxxobm2s.jpg

Shrimp fettuccine, also at WCT
Trattoria%203_zpsyvl3jlj5.jpg

A little chocolate ganache birthday treat for DD
Trattoria%205_zpsspnagptn.jpg

Three satisfied diners (the wine helped the two adults!)
Trattoria%201_zpsu3b2ctcf.jpg

I'm telling you, that raspberry macaron was flat out scrumptious! Tart-sweet berries in crunchy on the outside, pillowy but dense on the inside meringue sandwich with a creamy raspberry mousse that melts in your mouth. At $6, they aren't cheap, so we split one two different times. Still, it's a treat we won't soon forget. As for Wine Country Trattoria, we enjoyed it there a few years back on Luv's first trip to DL. We opted for an early dinner there again this year, and while the food was good, our server was not. He preferred standing around talking to other servers and hitting on a nearby table with a few cute, young women. Fortunately, there was another CM--a bus person--who passed by our table early on and was happy to fill a request we had for our wine. She would check on us as she went by on her way to and from other tables and wound up delivering our food, filling our drinks, and clearing plates. Our server popped in twice after the initial greeting and seating. He got a few dollars for a tip, while I handed the helpful CM a $10 bill very unobtrusively. I don't know whether they split tips, but I told her this was strictly for her. She was full of grace and said "no" at first, that she was happy to have helped. However, I was persistent and said that I wanted to recognize her hard work. She deserved it. More pics to come later!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. . .I have lesson plans to prepare. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts