VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

That is where the laundry is. There's a vending machine around or in the room too as I recall. Or was. Not certain if it's survived or not.

It all looks great I think Granny! Didn't compare to the old to see if the rooms numbers match or any of that. :) One thing - I know is that GrandCalifornian matched up similar colors for the CCV map to the old VWL map to give some consistency to DVC map making. Maybe you would want to use those too?

I would suggest keeping the colours distinct.

The CCV map has a couple colour pairs* that are so close to each other that while it may be consistent with DVC map making, it is almost impossible to tell different but such closely coloured categories apart.

SW

*ETA: the studio pairs are the issue, distinguishing between tub/no tub is nearly impossible even if they were side by side because the colours for each pair are nearly the same.

Excellent Job Granny! What software did you draw it out in?

I was wondering about the software too?

I just used Microsoft Excel. That's why some of the room sizes are a little wonky.

And looking at the DVC News maps (which I agree look more accurate), there are definitely differences between the 2nd and 4th floor which I didn't call out.

I'll go back and do a map for each floor, and color code it similar to Grand Californian's CCV map.

The CCV map has a couple colour pairs* that are so close to each other that while it may be consistent with DVC map making, it is almost impossible to tell different but such closely coloured categories apart.

That's why I picked grey for the Dedicated 2BRs...the other colors seemed too close to each other. But I'm sure I can figure something out that will be close to the other maps.

The first thing I notice is that I think the 1st floor laundry location may be misplaced. We've never used it, but isn't the laundry room along the back corridor? Or is it really right behind the elevators as shown? I used the map KOOK had provided.
Yes the laundry room is down a bit further. Or maybe it just seems to be further when you are carrying a load of laundry? lol

Here's KOOK's map for comparison:

vwl-villa-map-jpg.374902

I'm happy to make any adjustments anyone suggests.

On the 5th floor that big rectangle on the bottom left - there are rooms back there. We have stayed in a studio in that section.

Yes the laundry room is down a bit further. Or maybe it just seems to be further when you are carrying a load of laundry? lol

On the 5th floor that big rectangle on the bottom left - there are rooms back there. We have stayed in a studio in that section.

Thanks Jen! Look like I'll have a little homework on my next trip home! Should be easy enough to walk the halls and confirm room locations.

Mostly it just seems further! :) There is a CM area between the elevators and the laundry room but nothing else in between:

p2172366404-4.jpg

I also took a look on the 5th floor condo drawings and could not find anything past the elevators - maybe it's a 4th floor room you were remembering? The outside pictures also just show 4 floors in that wing from the lakeside. I thought I had one from the otherside but haven't located it yet.

p1895292919-4.jpg

I love this old picture! That was the photo in all the literature when I first started considering DVC, and on the Disney website at the time, there was western-themed music playing which, in turn, emotionally enhanced the thought process. Haven't seen this pic or heard that music for years! I'd love to find that old ad and music.

Last edited:
I also took a look on the 5th floor condo drawings and could not find anything past the elevators - maybe it's a 4th floor room you were remembering? The outside pictures also just show 4 floors in that wing from the lakeside. I thought I had one from the otherside but haven't located it yet.

Looks like 4 floors past the elevators on both sides.

our-villa-top-right.jpg

Just read a report that Reunion Station is cancelling paid events due to poor performance. If the concierge offerings are also being eliminated (not sure if these are being stopped too), does this mean the VWL (BR & CC) may get that community hall after all?

Last edited:
Just read a report that Reunion Station is cancelling paid events due to poor performance. If the concierge offerings are also being eliminated (not sure if these are being stopped too), does this mean the VWL (BR & CC) may get that community hall after all?

Now that would be a bit of good news!

Out of curiosity do you have a link to this story/rumor?

I somehow ended up with 12 2017 UY points. They were banked to 2018, and must be used by the end of November, 2019. I honestly don’t know how this is possible, since they always take the “older” points first when booking a reservation. I have looked at the history online, and I still cannot understand how it happened. I’m normally borrowing points! We have trips planned in May and December. The only option I have (besides forfeiting) is to book an additional night in May. I know in the scheme of things, not a huge deal, but the resort we want isn’t available, plus we’d have to borrow additional points to book the additional night. :sad2:

I somehow ended up with 12 2017 UY points. They were banked to 2018, and must be used by the end of November, 2019. I honestly don’t know how this is possible, since they always take the “older” points first when booking a reservation. I have looked at the history online, and I still cannot understand how it happened. I’m normally borrowing points! We have trips planned in May and December. The only option I have (besides forfeiting) is to book an additional night in May. I know in the scheme of things, not a huge deal, but the resort we want isn’t available, plus we’d have to borrow additional points to book the additional night. :sad2:
Try modifying your May reservation without changing any variable at all. This should swap out any current points with those orphaned 2017 points. You could then bank your 2018 UY points (assuming you’re still within your banking window).

Try modifying your May reservation without changing any variable at all. This should swap out any current points with those orphaned 2017 points. You could then bank your 2018 UY points (assuming you’re still within your banking window).

I don’t understand (lol). Could you give me further information?

I don’t understand (lol). Could you give me further information?
- In your dashboard, go down to “My Vacation Plans”
- Expand the details of those plans by clicking on the arrow next to the date
- Click “View or Modify Details.”
- Click “Modify” next to the room type and check-in information
- Scroll down making sure YOU DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING
- Click in “Check Availability”
- Click on the room type you currently have and hit “Continue”
- If you have multiple contracts, you’ll need to select the orphaned ones (Note: this can not violate home booking priority rules)
- Click “Continue”
- Confirm your guest list and click “Continue”
- Review your modifications (details should be exactly the same) and agree to the terms
- Click “Book This Room.”

Voila. Your changes were done outside 31 days, and as long as you’re within your banking period, you should have current UY points available to bank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter