VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

For all you Groupies that have been struggling with the snow- here in SE Michigan, we finally got our first appreciable snow. Only about 1 to 1 1/2 inches. It’s been a weird winter.

Nice maps Granny! Thanks for all your effort ::yes::

For all you Groupies that have been struggling with the snow- here in SE Michigan, we finally got our first appreciable snow. Only about 1 to 1 1/2 inches. It’s been a weird winter.

Nice maps Granny! Thanks for all your effort ::yes::
Very odd, indeed. We've had close to two feet total since December here in southwest Virginia.

Three inches total in Cape May NJ....but that was awhile ago. We are expecting rain.

5 feet on the mountain we look at during the storms this past week. Snow then rain a our house though - perfect!

So...who knows the number of the villa without a balcony? I thought it would be a good idea to mark that on the room map.

Also, as I look at the room maps I'm not liking the color scheme...way to much yellow! I think I'll recolor them with something a little nicer (to my eye anyway).

So...who knows the number of the villa without a balcony? I thought it would be a good idea to mark that on the room map.

Also, as I look at the room maps I'm not liking the color scheme...way to much yellow! I think I'll recolor them with something a little nicer (to my eye anyway).

4533 is THAT villa. :)

Awwww - I like yellow - both bright and pale yellow plus pale green are my first choices for fill. :sad1:

JK Granny! Your map - make it pretty to you! (although I do like yellow. You would not like a couple of rooms in our house! :rotfl2:)

4533 is THAT villa. :)

Awwww - I like yellow - both bright and pale yellow plus pale green are my first choices for fill. :sad1:

JK Granny! Your map - make it pretty to you! (although I do like yellow. You would not like a couple of rooms in our house! :rotfl2:)

What is "THAT villa"? Is it the one with no balcony?

Looking at Granny's wonderful maps I decided to check off all the rooms we've had over the years. Wow. Over 9 stays we've had 8 rooms, 6 of which were on the water side. Loved those rooms. I miss the "butterfly bushes" that grew along the fence on the lakeside.

What is "THAT villa"? Is it the one with no balcony?

Looking at Granny's wonderful maps I decided to check off all the rooms we've had over the years. Wow. Over 9 stays we've had 8 rooms, 6 of which were on the water side. Loved those rooms. I miss the "butterfly bushes" that grew along the fence on the lakeside.

Yes, the no balcony villa is 4533. The strange thing is that the condo drawings show it having one but it's been the one reported to not have it.

My recent check mark was to go thru the drawings and see what rooms we own our percentage of. We belong on the 2nd floor in the unit containing 2552 and 2553. I'm pretty certain our points came from 2552 - non lake side. ;)

Last edited:
I got our reservation for Dec. 19-26. This is the first time we will be there over Christmas. We are totally nuts for going over Christmas and likely Galaxy Edge but I wanted to be there Dec. 20 for hopefully some Star Wars events. We usually go the week before.

I got our reservation for Dec. 19-26. This is the first time we will be there over Christmas. We are totally nuts for going over Christmas and likely Galaxy Edge but I wanted to be there Dec. 20 for hopefully some Star Wars events. We usually go the week before.

We were at WDW over NYE this year and I found it more manageable than expected. If you are prepared to make use of the very extended hours, use FP+ smartly and don’t need to do everything, it can be a lot of fun with all the extra entertainment added for Christmas! As a DVC member we do have the advantage that we know that we will be back!

Actually we found the first week of January more crowded since blackouts for APs and CMs were lifted and park hours were shorter.

OKW ... I am hoping we will like it.
I go back and forth between OKW and VWL as the favorites among the ones I've visited (also BLT, BCV, BWV, and SSR). The units are large, well-appointed, and the verandahs/patios are HUGE. Also, the resort just whispers "island time" everywhere you look. Somehow it's the only other of the six I've been at aside from VWL that managed to evoke a "sense of place" with me.

here in SE Michigan, we finally got our first appreciable snow. Only about 1 to 1 1/2 inches. It’s been a weird winter.
I must be a bit west of you, we had at least 2x that, though hard to say with the drifting. It is gorgeous in the sun today though!

Groupies: facing a situation which calls for radical acceptance. This is going to be hard. As they say: pain can't be avoided, but suffering can be.

Groupies: facing a situation which calls for radical acceptance. This is going to be hard. As they say: pain can't be avoided, but suffering can be.

Prayers going up for your strength and acceptance. It's hard to realize that acceptance is not the same as giving up. It just means that you are aware of the situation and understand there are things not in your control. Blessing to you.

I went ahead and changed the color scheme on the room maps...more Wilderness Lodge green, but I didn't toss Kathy's yellow altogether! :)

I also put the color key into a more logical order.

@sleepydog25 ... I think these are ready for posting:

VWL Floor 1 Map recolor.JPG

VWL Floor 2 Map recolor.JPG

VWL Floor 3 Map recolor.JPG

VWL Floor 4 Map recolor.JPG

VWL Floor 5 Map recolor.JPG

I did resist the temptation to put an asterisk on all the even numbered villas with the note "these are reserved for @KAT4DISNEY " :)

We were at WDW over NYE this year and I found it more manageable than expected. If you are prepared to make use of the very extended hours, use FP+ smartly and don’t need to do everything, it can be a lot of fun with all the extra entertainment added for Christmas! As a DVC member we do have the advantage that we know that we will be back!

Actually we found the first week of January more crowded since blackouts for APs and CMs were lifted and park hours were shorter.
We want to do the DVC Christmas Eve party and are looking forward to that!

I went ahead and changed the color scheme on the room maps...more Wilderness Lodge green, but I didn't toss Kathy's yellow altogether! :)

I also put the color key into a more logical order.

@sleepydog25 ... I think these are ready for posting:

View attachment 376981

View attachment 376982

View attachment 376983

View attachment 376984

View attachment 376985

I did resist the temptation to put an asterisk on all the even numbered villas with the note "these are reserved for @KAT4DISNEY " :)

:rotfl: Thanks for the kind thought Granny! As long as the room assignor has my name on the even #'d rooms on their map everything is good. ;)

The maps look awesome!

Brian, Praying for you and life to get better. As my Dad has said on occasion, when you feel like you have hit rock bottom, and you can't go any further, just look up. I view this in 2 different ways, look up, its gonna get better, but beyond that, look up to Him, He will pull you out of the deepest, darkest hole and will not leave you alone

Crabby Dan, Our neighbors who relocated from MI to FL and now live behind us in NC, well she converses with her Grandma daily who still lives near Mt Pleasant MI. She tells her about its funny, not much snow yet. But here in NC, we had close to 15" in a freaky, early Dec storm(same one SleepyDog got). They were trying to move away from it, yet got more of it here than back home:D

Granny, outstanding work on the Villas map. It rivals any others I have seen before!!

Crabby Dan, Our neighbors who relocated from MI to FL and now live behind us in NC, well she converses with her Grandma daily who still lives near Mt Pleasant MI. She tells her about its funny, not much snow yet. But here in NC, we had close to 15" in a freaky, early Dec storm(same one SleepyDog got). They were trying to move away from it, yet got more of it here than back home:D
And now it's the Arctic freeze! 4F this morning with wind chills at -20F. No school as it's a holiday, but we may be in for a delay tomorrow. I'm ready to move from VA to FL. pirate:

And now it's the Arctic freeze! 4F this morning with wind chills at -20F. No school as it's a holiday, but we may be in for a delay tomorrow. I'm ready to move from VA to FL. pirate:
I would so like to be a snowbird, but DH no longer wants to deal with owning two houses. Ohio and NJ houses were 640 miles apart, and he always was thinking about how the other house was doing in his absence. NJ is a given for me, my heart sings as we pass Exit Zero on the Garden State Parkway. So, I have to be content with using DVC points as much as we can, even if it means that Gus, our Black and Tan hound, has to stay in a kennel here.
We will soon be enjoying the Festival of the Arts, and then Vero Beach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter