VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Ports of call on our Transatlantic, San Miguel in the Azores, Portland and Dover England, Amsterdam and Copenhagen. Copenhagen was an overnight, so tour and back on ship for farewell dinner and events.

Iceland Air encourages you to spend a night or two, three in Iceland by having pretty good fares for returning to states. Scenery there is unlike other places on earth.

The next time we do a TA, we want to go toward the west, and have some 25 hour days, instead of the 23 hour days and see how our bodies adjust to them.

Iceland is towards the top of the list of places I want to see. Also to head towards the opposite side end of the world for a cruise to Antarctica.

Welcome, Roxy! And welcome back, vwlfan!

It struck me that Luv and I will be in the World on the 4th, and though we aren't staying at VWL (it was a last-minuteish trip so all that was available was SSR), we do plan to go over to go over a day or so after the 4th.. We'll let you know if they've opened up the new pool and RF.

we check in on the 3rd. I will keep everyone updated (as long as I am not having so much fun I forget ;) )

Guess everybody has started celebrating their weekend early!!!
We have been having storms today and very likely will have them most of the weekend.
I had a sewing class in Mesquite today and barely got out of there before a major storm with huge hail hit about 2 blocks from where I was. The clouds were very dark and angry looking.

Di and Cindy, we made a really cute cover for a composition notebook. When I totally get it finished, I will try to message y'all a pic of it!!!
Kathy, would love to see it when you get it finished. Hope you enjoyed your sewing class.

Love the Bison return.

Any recent pool pics?

Just can't bring myself to visit in the summer.

Love the Bison return.

Any recent pool pics?

Just can't bring myself to visit in the summer.

Jade...I have to agree, one of the best parts of being empty-nested is our vacation time is very flexible. Which means no trips in the June through August time frame after 12 straight years of that!! :eek: :faint:

Jade...I have to agree, one of the best parts of being empty-nested is our vacation time is very flexible. Which means no trips in the June through August time frame after 12 straight years of that!! :eek: :faint:

I know, so wide open on available times to go. :thumbsup2

We have been going much more as well, just not summer (amazing here anyway in summer).

DVC (and its additions/improvements like GEYSER POINT), DVC AP, and FP+ have made such a positive impact on our trips there. Just can't beat it. Honorable mention to ME and G Grocer.

Now toss in all the lands being created and dining added to D Springs-geez. :cool1:

Last edited:
I know, so wide open on available times to go. :thumbsup2

We have been going much more as well, just not summer (amazing here anyway in summer).

DVC (and its additions/improvements like GEYSER POINT), DVC AP, and FP+ have made such a positive impact on our trips there. Just can't beat it. Honorable mention to ME and G Grocer.

Now toss in all the lands being created and dining added to D Springs-geez. :cool1:

Jade...those are great points. You can also toss in the DVC Member lounge this year...I have to think that is HUGE for members visiting EPCOT during the hot summer months.

And I'll give an honorable mention to Owners Lockers...they've also helped out trips be more enjoyable. Not only because we don't have to haul as much stuff on the airplane, but mostly because it is full of things that we tended to forget to bring some times.

Overall, we have found our trips to be getting better though I'm glad that when we went with our children, the parks weren't as torn up as they are now. If our first trip had included the construction around resorts and the parks that we currently see, I'm not sure we would have bought DVC. Specifically, I'm thinking of DHS being half a park for several years and DAK shuttering part of the park. Fantasyland took a while too but at least that's up and running (and so much better than it was!). Hard to say, but I think our timing for our DVC purchase worked out well for us.

I had a few pages to get caught up on this morning.

Boy am I glad to see our bison back! While I will miss seeing them waiting on the Magical Express for our return trip to the airport, this is a great location and one that will allow all those warm fuzzy feelings these beasts conjure up to surface throughout the duration of our stays. Yes, I would say this was worth waiting for.

Bobbi - your trip looks fabulous! Thanks so much for the photos.

Welcome to our new Groupies!

The Bison . . (I thought they were buffalo) . . .oh well, DiznyDi is right; glad they are back. Now we can easily tell the new Lodge Lovers from the old; old guys will remember when they welcomed the ME bus and said a final farewell. I wonder where they will tuck the geese? Honk.

The Bison . . (I thought they were buffalo) . . .oh well, DiznyDi is right; glad they are back. Now we can easily tell the new Lodge Lovers from the old; old guys will remember when they welcomed the ME bus and said a final farewell. I wonder where they will tuck the geese? Honk.
Technically, America doesn't have buffaloes--we have bison. The buffalo species are indigenous to Asia (water buffalo) and Africa (Cape buffalo). What we have are bison (Bison bison) which are related to European bison (Bison bonasus) and are bovids like the buffalo and cows. However, when we sing "where the buffalo roam," we're actually incorrect, though that does sound a mite better than "where the bison roam." Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.*

*That's what you get when a bored secretary is taking a break with his morning joe. . .:surfweb: pirate:

Technically, America doesn't have buffaloes--we have bison. The buffalo species are indigenous to Asia (water buffalo) and Africa (Cape buffalo). What we have are bison (Bison bison) which are related to European bison (Bison bonasus) and are bovids like the buffalo and cows. However, when we sing "where the buffalo roam," we're actually incorrect, though that does sound a mite better than "where the bison roam." Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.*

Wow, this gave me a flashback to 4th grade geography! :teacher:

Except you are much more interesting than my old teacher. Thanks for keeping us informed and educated about all things critical to Wilderness Lodge! :)

Wow, this gave me a flashback to 4th grade geography! :teacher:

Except you are much more interesting than my old teacher. Thanks for keeping us informed and educated about all things critical to Wilderness Lodge! :)
To be honest, Granny's comment piqued my interest, so I just had to look it up to refresh my memory. I thought there was a difference but couldn't remember what exactly. I was originally going to teach before my foray into the Air Force (and did actually teach at USAFA for three years); I taught as a substitute for four years prior to this position where I would always intone, "I'm the best sub you will ever have." :laughing:

*That's what you get when a bored secretary is taking a break with his morning joe. . .:surfweb: pirate:

We could just refer to them as Tatanka. ;)

Sleepy, I love your little disclaimer!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter