VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

No, I think you are saving yourself for the dance-off contests around the pools! :banana:
Thats right, Dad does love himself some pool parties, and the loud music(that none of the remainder of us recognize):D

Did anyone see Illuminations last night on the Parks Blog? We watched it knowing(unless we can slip a trip in before Sept 30)it would be our last time. Sad to see it go as its been my all time favorite fireworks show anywhere. For me its probably more sentimental than anything as it was our 1st one at WDW. We stood around the lagoon for an hour at my DWs former SIL strong suggestion. As we stood there, I whispered in Tammys ear, "why are we standing around for fireworks, we can see this back home on July 4th and Halloween"
Little did I know what I was in for, and when. the lights went dim, the narrator started talking and he blew the fire out, the goosebumps hit me, and I knew this was going to be no ordinary, back home fireworks show! And I have been hooked ever since. I do look forward to the new show with anticipation, in hopes it tops Illuminations. But I will always hold that memory of that 1st day in WDW.
Told T that next time I see her ex SIL(see her from time to time eating out Sat breakfast)I am going too thank her for making us stand around and wait for it. Its the one thing good that come out good of that relationship :duck:

Oh, and Happy Hump Day Everyone!!!! Cant wait for the weekend!!

I do love Illuminations, and I remember when I was sad to see it’s predecessor go (I loved the classical music)!

We were actually staying at the YC for our anniversary in September, 1999 a few weeks prior to the opening of Reflections of Earth. We received a notice under the door stating we may hear music from Epcot as they were preparing for the opening of the new show (we did hear it, rather late if I recall)!

We will definitely see it at least once in May, which will be our last chance, since our usual September trip is not happening this year due to the wedding! :love:

Hhmmm Illuminations is probably one of my least favorite shows. I simply can't stand all the smoke that will inevitably find me regardless of where we stand. I may have to give it another chance though in May...

Moose dust tea pot that you are successful!

Just a funny factoid: I have that dancing moose stenciled in my sewing room - all positions of him dancing. DDad meticulously cut him out for me. Always brings a smile to my face.

22 Days for us!

Morning Groupies!
Thanks for the Magic of Pixies Dust!
I was able to modify both reservations. We start at the BCV in a 1BR with my daughters and 2 grandsons
for 4 nights then DH and I move to our beloved lodge in a studio for 6 nights.
It feels like forever since we've been home and actually I'm excited and anxious at the same time
to see all the changes.
Thanks so much again.
take care :flower3:

I was able to modify both reservations. We start at the BCV in a 1BR with my daughters and 2 grandsons
for 4 nights then DH and I move to our beloved lodge in a studio for 6 nights.

Awesome! The Moose Dust & Dance comes through again! :dogdance:

It feels like forever since we've been home and actually I'm excited and anxious at the same time
to see all the changes.

You will begin your visit by coming up to the main entrance...you will hear the whoosh of the doors opening...and you will enter the lobby and immediately be transported back to previous visits! You will know that whatever changes they have made to the Wilderness Lodge campus, you are still home! So the initial feeling will be one of fond memories with an old friend.

Then you will make your way down the covered walkway to VWL, and it will feel like it always has as you enter VWL and see the beautiful lobby there.

It will only be when you go outside the back of VWL (or stand on your balcony if you're on that side) that you will see the dramatic transformation. The new pool, Geyser Point, and the cabins lining the shore of Bay Lake. It will take some getting used to, but nothing to be anxious about. I'm sure you will still love VWL and you will have a great trip!

You will begin your visit by coming up to the main entrance...you will hear the whoosh of the doors opening...and you will enter the lobby and immediately be transported back to previous visits! You will know that whatever changes they have made to the Wilderness Lodge campus, you are still home! So the initial feeling will be one of fond memories with an old friend.

Then you will make your way down the covered walkway to VWL, and it will feel like it always has as you enter VWL and see the beautiful lobby there.

It will only be when you go outside the back of VWL (or stand on your balcony if you're on that side) that you will see the dramatic transformation. The new pool, Geyser Point, and the cabins lining the shore of Bay Lake. It will take some getting used to, but nothing to be anxious about. I'm sure you will still love VWL and you will have a great trip!
Granny nails it! Now, DVC Mickey is in a slightly different place, and the bison are in a totally different spot (near Geyser Point). You might miss the trail and bike path (both closed), and we found the main Lodge lobby a bit noisier between 4 and 9 p.m. due to the character meal. Still, the same smells, sounds, music (mostly), and sights are there to embrace you. Have a great time!

. . . . . You will begin your visit by coming up to the main entrance...you will hear the whoosh of the doors opening...and you will enter the lobby and immediately be transported back to previous visits! . . . . . . . . Then you will make your way down the covered walkway to VWL, and it will feel like it always has as you enter VWL and see the beautiful lobby there. . . . . . . . .

Wow. Thanks Granny . . I feel like I'm there already! 21 sleeps left . . . .

Oh Granny you made me cry
Thanks so much :goodvibes

Good morning Groupies!
I just returned from a 5 night stay at BCV, with four good friends, but on Tuesday 4 of us went to VWL for the photography class at Reunion Station. The class was just OK, but what I LOVED, was showing my friends the Villa! From the foyer, to the beautiful elevator doors to the rocking chairs and fireplaces my friends were WOWED by the place. Throw in a very friendly Cast Member PJ ( or JP ) ( from Venezuela ) who took our picture by one of the fireplaces, and I am so happy that my next girlfriends trip will be at VWL!
Bobbi

B2354E16-C7DF-4BBE-9D34-80A2C7988535.jpeg

Bobbi...you guys looked pretty comfortable there by the VWL fireplace! Glad you had time in your trip to get over to our beloved home! :)

Ahhh Bobbi - what a nice picture of you and your friends at one of my most favorite places in all of the Lodge!

Have a nice week-end Groupies!

Bobbi great picture of you and your friends!!! So glad you had a good time and they liked the Lodge.

Last edited:
Morning, Groupies! We had our opening night of CLUE last night, and it went swimmingly well. I was allowed to keep all the cast and stage crew out of class and in the auditorium for the day which provided us critical time in ironing out some production issues. Two more shows, tonight and tomorrow afternoon, and it's over. I will be a happy man.

In Disney news, 251 days until our return to the Lodge. We'll be there a few days before heading out on a Christmas cruise. Long time to wait. . .

Hi Groupies,

Well, after waiting and checking fates incessantly, we finally got our return flight for May 11! This is really “last minute” for us but the fares have been exorbitant! Anyway, I called Member Services to schedule Magical Express for the return to MCO. While on the phone I mentioned we had not yet received our ME confirmation (or magic bands for that matter), but I said once I mentioned it they’ll arrive today. :)

Instead, she said she could not see our reservation - despite the fact I received an email confirmation when I booked. Further, she could not see an order for our Magic Bands. She went ahead and took care of everything (I :love: Member Services)! I suspect the problem must have occurred because we were initially set to stay at SSR our first night.

At any rate, it’s been a busy Saturday morning, and I am super excited for our trip! 23 Days!:flower1::yay:

Hi all, long time listener, first time caller!

A few questions about VWL:
  • Is there any construction scheduled around Thanksgiving 2019? I've been looking at various websites at it looks like other than Reflections, there shouldn't be any impact to VWL.
  • Recommendations for room requests? We're looking to book a 2 bedroom villa.
  • Jogging trails? I like to go running in the morning and it looks like the trail between VWL and Wilderness Lodge will be closed due to Reflections. Are there other jogging trails around VWL?
  • How is the transportation to the parks? Reading online, it looks like transportation isn't a strong suit at VWL... is it really any worse than other DVC resorts? (we stayed at Kidani a few years ago and I always felt sorry for the giant mass of people waiting at Jambo when our 3/4 full bus would pull up)
Thanks for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter